Toyble DBAF [June 9, 2012] Vol 4 HD release complete

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Fri May 01, 2009 8:19 am

Senzu_Bean wrote::shock: The West Kaioshin is stronger than Kibitoshin and SSJ4 Vegeta.
I think you mean base form Vegeta.

I doubt she would have hid and planned everyone's downfall from afar for so long if she could take down a Super Saiya-jin 4 herself.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Fri May 01, 2009 8:44 am

Captain Awesome wrote:
Senzu_Bean wrote::shock: The West Kaioshin is stronger than Kibitoshin and SSJ4 Vegeta.
I think you mean base form Vegeta.

I doubt she would have hid and planned everyone's downfall from afar for so long if she could take down a Super Saiya-jin 4 herself.
:| Oh sh... there is any difference between Base and SSJ4 except for the damn tail. Where in the hell is the fur?

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Fri May 01, 2009 9:26 am

Toyble asks if everyone has read the Super Exciting Guide: Character Volume. He mentions the background info on the Kaio and Kaioshin that it has: the whole part about them having no gender and being born from fruit. He notes that if that’s the case, then it contradicts his story quite a bit. But he supposes that if Piccolo (an asexual Namekian) can be treated as a male, then it’s not that strange for Lyla to be treated as a female. Apart from that, his fan-manga showing Tapion becoming a Kaioshin is a contradiction as well. But if that fruit thing is the case, Toyble says, then Tapion was born from a fruit too. Yeah, that’s the ticket…

Toyble also mentions Mister Satan’s real name being “Mark” (he doesn’t have any actual comment on it though). Also, something that’s been bugging Toyble is that in most of the guidebooks, including SEG, they say that Saiyan royalty (the House of Vegeta) was passed down hereditarily. But in the anime guide DBZ Son Goku Densetsu, it says that King Vegeta defeated the Tsufuru and built up a Saiyan kingdom in a single generation. So which one is correct? Toyble says he prefers the second one, because it seems cooler. But he says either one being correct is OK. (Personally, I don’t see any contradiction; we know Vegeta got his status of prince by virtue of being the king’s son, so that’s a hereditary system. If Vegeta’s father happened to also be the very first king, then that just means it was a really short-lived hereditary system, but a hereditary system none the less).

So anyway, the pages. What with the whole gender thing, I should note that whenever I have people call West Kaioshin a “she/her” in the translation, in the original they’re using the gender-neutral aitsu (which literally translates out to something like “that one over there”, but “she” seemed simpler).

Gohan: Kaioshin-sama!!!
West Kaioshin: Hmph, butting in when you’re merely the god of the Earth…
Dende: Gugah!!!
Dende: Uguguh!!!
Gohan: Dende!!!

Dende: Gofuh!!!
Gohan: Guh
West Kaioshin: [t] With this grade of seal… I’ll soon undo it.
Kaioshin: [t] Go…Gohan-san. You must defeat her…
Kaioshin: [t] Sh…she’s the cause… The cause of all this…!

West Kaioshin: What are you doing?...Prince of the Saiyans
Vegeta: [r] Da…damn it…[l] I want this to be the last time I fight for the Earth’s sake…
West Kaioshin: Fight? With me?
Vegeta: Daaaaaaaaaa!!!

Vegeta: Hah!!!
West Kaioshin: [r] Listen Saiyan, I’m a god. [l] I can read your mind!
Vegeta: Haaaaaaah!!!

West Kaioshin: Not to mention that beat-up as you are, your attacks are like nothing!
Vegeta: Guh
West Kaioshin: It’s 100,000 years too early for you to be trying to kill me!
Vegeta: Gaah!!!
Vegeta: Daa!!!
Last edited by Herms on Fri May 01, 2009 11:44 am, edited 4 times in total.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri May 01, 2009 10:07 am

Wait...why would Vegeta want to stop protecting the Earth? Didn't his entire GT self dedicate himself to being the #1 Defender of Earth of something?
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Fri May 01, 2009 1:56 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Wait...why would Vegeta want to stop protecting the Earth? Didn't his entire GT self dedicate himself to being the #1 Defender of Earth of something?
Probably because everytime he tries he ended beat up like hell and Goku or another one always save the day instead of him. :P

Marty Kirra
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Marty Kirra » Fri May 01, 2009 2:29 pm

I read Vegeta's statement as being kind of sarcastic more than anything.

What I really hate about these last couple of pages is that without a shirt, Gohan and Vegeta look too damn similar in a couple of frames.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sat May 02, 2009 12:19 am

@DesireCampbell wrote:New Toyble DBAF pages 139-143 www.desirecampbell.com/dbaf

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Sat May 02, 2009 7:41 am

Marty Kirra wrote:I read Vegeta's statement as being kind of sarcastic more than anything.

What I really hate about these last couple of pages is that without a shirt, Gohan and Vegeta look too damn similar in a couple of frames.
Why I ask where is Gohan's fur? Unless Gohan is such feminine that he doesn't even has fur in SSJ4. :P

Herms

Post by Herms » Sat May 02, 2009 7:48 am

Like Vegeta, Gohan is no longer in SSJ4 form either.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Sat May 02, 2009 7:49 am

Herms wrote:Like Vegeta, Gohan is no longer in SSJ4 form either.
I see a tail in there. :?

EDIT

Yep, Gohan is still a SSJ4. Even though his hair is exactly the same and he doesn't have fur. But the tail is in there.

Herms

Post by Herms » Sat May 02, 2009 8:17 am

I don't know about the tail, but Gohan is shown reverting from SSJ4 to normal around page 120, after he uses up all his energy in that big ki blast he does together with Vegeta and Trunks (this is also when Vegeta reverts to normal). Before that, he clearly had the longer hair, underlined eyes, and fur of a SSJ4, but he has none of that now.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Sat May 02, 2009 8:28 am

Yep, you are right. Thus Gohan regrown his tail in someway between GT and this story. Wondering why Vegeta did not.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat May 02, 2009 10:48 am

When Gohan first transforms into a Super Saiyan 4, his tail appeared first. It would appear it is a part of his base form.
She/Her
bisexual milf

TobiYokoGeri

Post by TobiYokoGeri » Sat May 02, 2009 11:19 am

Why is it when Vegeta reverts back to normal he loses his tail (this is also the case in GT), while Gohan keeps his tail ? I know Vegeta can still turn into a Super Saiyan 4 at will, but still. This little nitpick never made any sense to me.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Sat May 02, 2009 11:31 am

TobiYokoGeri wrote:Why is it when Vegeta reverts back to normal he loses his tail (this is also the case in GT), while Gohan keeps his tail ? I know Vegeta can still turn into a Super Saiyan 4 at will, but still. This little nitpick never made any sense to me.
It would make sense if Vegeta cannot turn into SSJ4 at will though for whatever reason he can in AF. Gohan has a tail because, just like Goku, he regrow his tail. However GT screw up first after made Vegeta's tail disappeared for whatever reason after he returned to Base.

SylentEcho
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SylentEcho » Sat May 02, 2009 11:46 am

These fan made AF Manga's aren't too bad. I ordered 5 hard copies off Ebay, they were really well made and looked like real comics. :shock:

Saiyan-Professor
I Live Here

Post by Saiyan-Professor » Sat May 02, 2009 4:01 pm

TobiYokoGeri wrote:Why is it when Vegeta reverts back to normal he loses his tail (this is also the case in GT), while Gohan keeps his tail ? I know Vegeta can still turn into a Super Saiyan 4 at will, but still. This little nitpick never made any sense to me.
Toyble is continuing the lets screw a good character over in favor of a worthless one tradition that we find in Dragonball.
The Saiyans are very much like the Klingons and Jem'Hadar.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sat May 02, 2009 5:24 pm

Saiyan-Professor wrote:
Toyble is continuing the lets screw a good character over in favor of a worthless one tradition that we find in Dragonball.
Oh dear. It appears Rocketman has taken on an apprentice to continue his work after his death.

Kinda like Hoffman.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat May 02, 2009 7:50 pm

Saiyan-Professor wrote:
Stop trying to make Dragonball not fun for the rest of us, okay pal?
She/Her
bisexual milf

Saiyan-Professor
I Live Here

Post by Saiyan-Professor » Sun May 03, 2009 12:14 am

The Tori-bot wrote:
Saiyan-Professor wrote:
Oh dear. It appears Rocketman has taken on an apprentice to continue his work after his death.

Kinda like Hoffman.
Yea, I am learning from the best, no one can match Rocketman sensei in debasing the Son family.

Who the hell is Hoffman? Are speaking of Curtis Hoffman?
The Saiyans are very much like the Klingons and Jem'Hadar.