Kanzenshuu Special Kickoff Diary (01 April 2012)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Kanzenshuu Special Kickoff Diary (01 April 2012)

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:27 pm

Kanzenshuu Special Kickoff Diary Podcast Episode (download MP3) (rss feed) (subscribe in iTunes)
94:10; 96 kbps, mono; 64.9 MB

We are still here — the launch date itself was the only April Fool’s joke!

Those of you who already subscribe to our weekly podcast probably noticed a little gift in your feeds last night. Over the last few months, we have been recording what are essentially mini audio diaries while we worked on this new website. They were primarily for us to document what we were working on, how long things were taking, and even discuss a few naming conventions. We figured it might be fun for the audience to listen in to the final product, so we have compiled it all together in to what became a kind of kick-off episode for the new site.

For those curious, the show will simply be titled Kanzenshuu – The Podcast going forward, and we will indeed pick right back up in the numbering with Episode #0294 next week. Until then, please enjoy this special kick-off episode — it is a far cry from what we normally produce each week (news, in-depth topic discussions, monthly releases, and feedback — we are all about providing the best content we can!), but again, for those of you that have been with us a long while and have been wondering how and when we might take upon a gigantic project like this, it will be a fun listen!

Look for more content to keep pouring into the site, the forum to return and be fully integrated, and enjoy everything that is already here for you. We are here to stay, and we are glad to have you along for the ride with us!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

desirecampbell

Re: Kanzenshuu Special Kickoff Diary (01 April 2012)

Post by desirecampbell » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:37 pm

Every time my name is mentioned it makes me feel fantastic, like I'm a big wheel. 8)

In other shameless self promotion, this secret podcast reminded me of that other secret podcast because it was just people who love this site and community talking about how much they love it and want to do great things for it.

Okay, now I'm getting misty-eyed. :)

medama_oyaji
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by medama_oyaji » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:47 am

I loved hearing Lance's reaction. I listened to his segment twice :D

Minigt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Minigt » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:59 am

medama_oyaji wrote:I loved hearing Lance's reaction. I listened to his segment twice :D
I did too. The response from lance brought a big smile to my face. Glad the diary was kept and shared.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:27 am

MAN! I can't believe you've had it since that long! Well, it's obvious that a project this big wouldn't be done in such a short time.

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:30 am

I am certainly amazed you guys kept it under wraps for so long, but it occurs to me when you woud talk about the wiki being worked on and there was more to come, you were probably hinting at this. As you surmised, as a longtime visitor, I got a real kick out of how you guys went about this. It's also giving me ideas for my own website (again... I already started doing my own podcast because of the daizenshuu ex one xD), though my ability to work wordpress seems to be very pale compared to what you guys have done.

Anyway, ramblings aside, I loved being able to hear how this process went, it was both informative, AND entertaining! :D

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:12 am

laserkid wrote:it occurs to me when you woud talk about the wiki being worked on and there was more to come, you were probably hinting at this.

And I always thought the "more" was Mike finishing the character name puns guide.

Ha! The entire site was rebuilt from the ground up, and still doesn't have the name pun guide finished :P

Sabin Deus
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sabin Deus » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:21 pm

Listening right now and just want to say that you guys are awesome. It is clear that a lot of professional-grade work went into all of your decisions here.

K.O. Ken

Post by K.O. Ken » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:50 am

It all sounds like a really elaborate joke to me. :?