Episode #0019 (26 March 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sabin Deus
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sabin Deus » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:37 pm

So if I recall correctly, you guys went to the AMC Empire in NYC to see Movie 12 on Saturday. Me and my buddies went to the very same theater for the Friday showing. Oh well. :/ I was hoping to run into the guy with the iPod and say "Hey are you Mike LaBrie?". We were making fun of the Funimation music throughout the whole thing. As for the Movie 12 dub, I was disappointed by the "But Vegeta, you're already dead" line, but really happy about the Dictator's line regarding Trunks and Goten's Super Saiyan tranformation. All in all I enjoyed seeing it on the big screen. Good times were had by all! :D

Great podcast overall. I enjoyed the "This is Otakudom" references. (I'm guessing those are the ones Mike bet nobody would get.)

Also, Meri's sister sounded hot. Is she available? >:)

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:05 pm

You must have been one of the guys sitting near the front of the theater, then. :D (I'm assuming).

Yep, those were Otakudom references scattered in there.

Nope, my sister is unavailable. :)

Sabin Deus
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sabin Deus » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:23 pm

Nah, we went on Friday and were sitting in the very back row.

Oh well. Requesting more of her and her sexy voice on the podcast plz!

plusloud

Post by plusloud » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:27 pm

What is it with you guys and longing for unavailable ladies' sexy voices? o.O;;
Umm... just call me Remy, already. :p

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:31 pm

Sabin Deus wrote:Nah, we went on Friday and were sitting in the very back row.

Oh well. Requesting more of her and her sexy voice on the podcast plz!
D'oh! Apparently, I forgot how to read! That's what I get for trying to take a sneak peak of the forum while I'm at work. ;_;

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:15 am

Nice podcast as always. Just a correction and a note to make. The "I'm not dead farmer" says something to the effect of "That smarts, oooohhh..." not just grunts.

As for the note, on Advance Adventure, while it may not mean anything, the game WAS fully reviewed in this month's Nintendo Power.
-Laserkid

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:44 am

laserkid wrote:As for the note, on Advance Adventure, while it may not mean anything, the game WAS fully reviewed in this month's Nintendo Power.
I'm holding the April 2006 issue in front of me. It's a preview. Not a review. :P

Unless you mean the May 2006 issue, which I don't have. >__>

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:24 am

Meri wrote:D'oh! Apparently, I forgot how to read! That's what I get for trying to take a sneak peak of the forum while I'm at work. ;_;
Oh and I must say she also did a pretty damn good imitation of Laura Bailey's Trunks XD

masenko
Beyond Newbie

Post by masenko » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:15 am

Yes, Meri's sister sounds quite hot but then again it's just a voice. Maybe a live streaming video cast would be nice so we could see what everyone is doing when they disappear for half the episode.
"I GOTTA GAMBLE EVERYTHING I GOT ON THIS ONE FIST!!!!" - Son Goku, Tale 160

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:42 am

masenko wrote:Yes, Meri's sister sounds quite hot but then again it's just a voice. Maybe a live streaming video cast would be nice so we could see what everyone is doing when they disappear for half the episode.
Yeah, I thought it was kinda funny that nobody mentioned her not being there until the end credits.

A podcast in video form would be kinda cool in theory, but then the cast would actually have to make a bigger effort on their part (looking good, not in pajamas, etc.). Maybe just for one podcast ep, though...
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:09 am

There's no way I'm editing a video podcast. There's nothing exciting to see, anyway. We just sit here, partially looking at a computer. Plus, Julian's not exactly here with us.

I really hate it when podcasts start assuming you're watching them instead of listening (I'm looking at you, Diggnation!). I don't watch them, folks... I listen at work. I know a bunch of other people do, too! *shakes fist*
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:55 am

masenko wrote:Yes, Meri's sister sounds quite hot but then again it's just a voice.
She's actually hot in appearance, too (if I can speak as her biased sister, heh). :D But, she'd murder me if I posted pics of her all over the Intarweb.

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:03 pm

Tsukento wrote:Ore ga Yaranakya Dare ga Yaru is the name of the song. It's the ending theme for movie 13 and yes, it is sung by Hironobu Kageyama. :P
Thank you! :D (Now I feel stupid, because I've heard that song before. :lol: ) Now I know what to search for on radioblogclub.com. I'm truly gracious. ^__^

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:19 pm

VegettoEX, just to reitterate, did you get my e-mail from last week?

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:36 pm

VegettoEX wrote:There's no way I'm editing a video podcast. There's nothing exciting to see, anyway. We just sit here, partially looking at a computer. Plus, Julian's not exactly here with us.

I really hate it when podcasts start assuming you're watching them instead of listening (I'm looking at you, Diggnation!). I don't watch them, folks... I listen at work. I know a bunch of other people do, too! *shakes fist*
Ok, ok, I get you're point; podcasts are for listening, not for watching. I was just throwing something out there...
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Silent_Rage

Post by Silent_Rage » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:45 pm

Great Podcast! I never miss em'.
Meri wrote:She's actually hot in appearance, too (if I can speak as her biased sister, heh). :D But, she'd murder me if I posted pics of her all over the Intarweb.
Speaking of appearances, what do you three look like?

I have been listening to the Podcast since the beginning, and it's almost starting to bug me that I don't have a image in my mind of what you, Julian and Mike look like when I'm listening to them.

Is it possible for you guys to post pics of yourselves?

BlaZin

Post by BlaZin » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:09 pm

Ex, I haven’t listened to a podcast since probably the third or fourth installment, and I was really surprised how much better the show has become. You’ve added more segments, it seems much more organize, the chemistry is great, everyone sounds more comfortable and I’m feeling the music in-between segments. I didn’t know though, well are you and meri an item? (Oh and LOL at the guy asking if her sister was available.)

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:19 pm

Silent_Rage wrote:Great Podcast! I never miss em'.
Meri wrote:She's actually hot in appearance, too (if I can speak as her biased sister, heh). :D But, she'd murder me if I posted pics of her all over the Intarweb.
Speaking of appearances, what do you three look like?

I have been listening to the Podcast since the beginning, and it's almost starting to bug me that I don't have a image in my mind of what you, Julian and Mike look like when I'm listening to them.

Is it possible for you guys to post pics of yourselves?
I actually picture Julian as myself (but with short hair and stubble, for some reason), Mike as my friend Ben, and Meri as my friend Dawn. All from the way they interact and talk :D the resemblances are uncanny!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:43 pm

Silent_Rage: We were planning on putting extremely un-fitting and un-representative pictures on the podcast page at some point. So yes!

BlaZin: Glad to hear that you've... err... heard the difference! And... err... yes, Meri and I are an "item". We've been together for something like six years? Lived together for close to two? I think? I'm a great boyfriend?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

BlaZin

Post by BlaZin » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:01 am

can someone delete this post?
Last edited by BlaZin on Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.