Episode #0047 (15 October 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0047 (15 October 2006)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:15 am

Episode #0047 (download MP3)
57:44; 64 kbps, mono; 26.4 MB

Episode #0047! VegettoEX, Meri, and Julian dive into the first half of a two-part "Sparking! NEO" (JP PS2) review. How does the game feel after only a few days of playing? Top 5 Welcome Character Additions in the game, DBZ ABCs, your e-mails, and a little rant on bootlegging round out the episode. Referenced sites: Whee! Go ahead and grab it. Big thanks to godofchaos for hosting the monumental *forty-seven* episodes, now.

We had lots of fun this episode! There were a couple pop-ins during the show (both are people podcast listeners will be familiar with), so that was great. Even if you're not big into video games, all the randomness that occurred during the show was a hoot, and there's lots of great things to enjoy.

w0rd.
Last edited by VegettoEX on Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:22 am

Woah, it's only 12:25 A.M EST and it's out! Thanks for the early post Mike! This episode is gonna be great, I can't wait to hear your Sparking! NEO review. :D

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:49 am

I wanna see the space pod digital clock! :shock:

Edit: Oh cool thanks. Its purdy...

Also, nice rant at the end. Perhaps there should always be some kind of crazy rant \ PSA at the end. You could get that "The more you know" sound. :lol:
Last edited by Tanooki Kuribo on Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:57 am

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:I wanna see the space pod digital clock! :shock:
Whoops! My bad. Forgot to add that link/picture. See original post for link :).
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Taku128 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:33 am

Wow, that spacepod looks nothing like the one on the box.
­

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:56 am

This has the most awesome podcast I've ever heard. The interruptions were awesome! I love it when the podcast takes a turn in the unusual. The Sparking! NEO review was insightful. By the way, what do you guys think of the NA release music if you heard it?
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:56 am

While the game's not all that, I wouldn't say it's a disgrace. :P Remember, there's worse out there (i.e: Sagas, Ultimate Battle 22 and GT Transformations). *cough*
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/TsukentoX]YouTube Profile[/url]

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:58 am

Tsukento wrote:While the game's not all that, I wouldn't say it's a disgrace. :P Remember, there's worse out there (i.e: Sagas, Ultimate Battle 22 and GT Transformations). *cough*
I think he was joking when he said that. :lol:

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:15 am

Sebastian (SB) wrote:By the way, what do you guys think of the NA release music if you heard it?
Haven't listened to it, and never plan on doing so :).

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:03 am

What? Noone has done as Lord EX hath commanded-eth?

Anyway... great podcast.

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:24 am

Yo Mike, I actually agree with you that Budokai 3 has the best looking character models. Even better than Sparking!. And you nailed it at how rigid the Sparking! character models are.
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:49 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Sebastian (SB) wrote:By the way, what do you guys think of the NA release music if you heard it?
Haven't listened to it, and never plan on doing so :).
It's kinda neat, though. Instead of recycled Budokai music, I believe it's got remixed tracks from older games or something.
kvon wrote:Yo Mike, I actually agree with you that Budokai 3 has the best looking character models. Even better than Sparking!. And you nailed it at how rigid the Sparking! character models are.
Agree. Though some of the Sparking models look really good. I think I like Freeza's second form in Sparking better and Mecha-Freeza looks pretty nice in it. But Freeza's first form is much better in B3. Hands down.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:17 pm

desirecampbell wrote:What? Noone has done as Lord EX hath commanded-eth?

Tao Pai-Pai!!

Anyway... great podcast.
The secret heir of Sean Schemmel has done EX's bidding, awesome drawing! :lol: You two do look an awful lot alike.

Great podcast, guys! First one I've listened to for weeks. Mike seemed a bit more sex-centric than normal near the end, but it was all good! I'm definitely having reservations toward Sparking! NEO due to the negative comments, but I'll still buy it; NA release indeed. I gotta say also, 100% agreed that the games have gotten...what's the word, too overly done (I've even started a couple threads about that >>;; ).
14 years later

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:43 pm

Meri wrote:I think he was joking when he said that. :lol:
Yeah, I figured as much. I was simply speaking in terms of games that disappoint the inner fanboys (and girls) heavily. :P
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/TsukentoX]YouTube Profile[/url]

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:27 pm

I just finished the episode and I've got to say... I liked the random interruptions, but that was pretty much it; I don't really care much for the video games :(. But at least I can comment on the strangeness of the Sparking! NEO opener. :shock: Yeah, it was pretty random, and yeah, the whole Cell/parrot thing was just what I was thinking.
desirecampbell wrote:What? Noone has done as Lord EX hath commanded-eth? <snip image>
You completely forgot to make one of his ski poles attached to his arm! But that doesn't really take away from its... coolness.

And another Tao-Pai-Pai thing Julian forgot to mention was that Toriyama forgot who he was when the interviewer brought him up in an interview.Also, nice rant response to the twelve year old bootleggers. The constipated power-up was a nice touch :D.

EDIT: When are you guys gonna do a run-down on the seventh daizenshuu. You seemed pretty excited when you guys got it, but you never really mentioned it at all after that :?.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Kogu 87
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kogu 87 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:29 pm

"computer harder, make dragonballs not easy"
Ahh....classic fanboy rants...that part about the bardock special game movie was hillarious.
Altough i wouldv wanted more on the gameplay and gamemodes, hopefully you'll give more info in part.2 of the review.
"Oh dear...."

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:43 pm

Campbell, that would be an epic win.

...and so was the inclusion of the Kameha-dump, and the random Scott Melzer cameo (yay Scott!).

BTW, I dare to ask, since I've seen this said several times on both the site and podcast: when you say you 'slept' through certain parts of GT, did you simply find it overly boring, or did you literally fall asleep watching them? If it's the latter, I won't feel so bad about falling asleep while reading manga XD

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:13 pm

Kirbopher wrote:BTW, I dare to ask, since I've seen this said several times on both the site and podcast: when you say you 'slept' through certain parts of GT, did you simply find it overly boring, or did you literally fall asleep watching them? If it's the latter, I won't feel so bad about falling asleep while reading manga XD
I know this quesiton is aimed at the podcasters, but I myself actually fell asleep while watching the last few episodes against the final evil dragon (though I think it was mainly because I was sitting right where the sun was :roll:). And sorry to go further off topic, but that whole scenario with the pollution-themed dragon just disgusted me (regardless that that episode had a good animation day). I mean, I'm sure Captain Planet would've been glad to solve that problem for the Z-fighters :lol:.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

_Jrinu_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by _Jrinu_ » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:15 pm

Great Epsisode as usual.

I have got to say, it feels great to come home after eight hours of selling haloween costumes to crazed long islanders who don't have a fucking clue what they want and listen to this hilarious podcast.

I love you guys.

Oh, EX. Your Sparking! NEO bootleg rant: Amazing!

Hearing about fuckers like that on the internet really makes me appreciate this forum even more.
There is no better combination in the world than Dragonball, Cherry Pepsi, and Cheez-Its. It's a proven fact.
The Super Saiya-jin Bobba Fetts: Gym Class Badminton Champions 2006!!
Wii Friend Code: 1134 6268 9135 3724/ Xbox live gamertag: Jrinu
Jump Ultimate Stars Code: 2534 9452 9303

Great Saiyaman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Great Saiyaman » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:44 am

Great Podcast....I am still listening. I am very surprised to hear you say you love the more-or-less "saturated" look of the games. Esspecially since that's what FUNi does to the series & we're talking about this in a topic, lol.
[b]Vegito:[/b] What do you call a Goku & a Vegeta? Gogeta sounds nice.
[b]Toriyama:[/b] *wak*

[i]"I wanna go to Filler Hell when I die."-Me[/i]