DB Kai: The Movie

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Eddie
Advanced Regular

DB Kai: The Movie

Post by Eddie » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:50 am

As you all know, a popular anime series will often get at least one movie. Do you think there will be a new DB movie for Kai? If so, what would you like to see in one? I'm not sure what I'd really want, but a certain game related announcement has made me wonder if Broly might get yet another movie. DBZ movie 11 ended with Broly causing trouble in Hell. Toei likes money (perfectly understandable), so maybe they'll use that scenario (adding this new SSJ 3 into the mix) to milk the Broly cow for all it's worth. I love movie 8, but I really don't want another Broly movie. Anyway, what do you want? What do you not want?

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:20 am

I don't care if it's another Brolli movie; anything would be appreciated. I've only ever seen the first Brolli movie (English dubbed... it was AWFUL), so it's not like I've had too much of him. I'd really like to see a movie about Future Trunks. There could be some new enemy after he destroys the artificial humans.
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:32 am

I'd rather just see some action-packed throw-away movie like DBZ Movie 2.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:25 am

What if they edited Movies 1 and 2 together so Goku fights his way through Dr. Willow's traps and henchmen then onto Garlic's Castle...? And maybe some action scenes from Movies 3 and 4? Technology today...

Hell, even edit in scenes of Vegeta.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:03 pm

A movie set during Goku and Uub's training.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:26 pm

The Time Traveller wrote:What if they edited Movies 1 and 2 together so Goku fights his way through Dr. Willow's traps and henchmen then onto Garlic's Castle...? And maybe some action scenes from Movies 3 and 4? Technology today...

Hell, even edit in scenes of Vegeta.
I think that'd be a little too much for me. :?
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:49 pm

I will only be on-board with a possible Kai movie if, and only if, it is in fact literally called "DragonBall Kai: The Movie" and Chiba Shigeru yells out "DRAGON BALL KAI, ZAAAA MOOOOOOVIE!!!!!" during the title. Otherwise, I have no interest. :P
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:26 pm

Hujio wrote:I will only be on-board with a possible Kai movie if, and only if, it is in fact literally called "DragonBall Kai: The Movie" and Chiba Shigeru yells out "DRAGON BALL KAI, ZAAAA MOOOOOOVIE!!!!!" during the title. Otherwise, I have no interest. :P
Well of course! That's pretty much required. :D

I'm all for a new movie if Toei is willing to treat it the way it deserves. I think I'd like to see a 90 minute movie. Something that ties into the story would be nice. A DB prequel or an extended Bardock feature, both of which were brought up in the podcast, could be cool. The Goku/Uub thing mentioned in an earlier post has the potential to be very interesting as well.

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:26 pm

I'd love a Kai movie with new animation.

As long as SSJ3 Broli isn't in it.

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:42 pm

fps_anth wrote:I'd love a Kai movie with new animation.

As long as SSJ3 Broli isn't in it.
This, if they are making another movie they might as well make it for all fans not just Broli fanboys

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:29 pm

More Saiya-jin backstory, please.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:06 pm

RoarkVegeta wrote:More Saiya-jin backstory, please.
No? We have already know enough about the history of the Saiyans. How about the history of Freeza?
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Tweaker
Regular

Post by Tweaker » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:08 pm

I'd much prefer to see a proper movie or special about the initial strike of Buu against the world of the Kaioshin, myself! It was only touched upon lightly in the series itself; there seemed to be quite a bit of backstory behind Buu's conception that would make for a pretty fantastic adaption.

I also wouldn't mind something that properly followed up on Goku training Uub. We never really got anything that touched on that proper.

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:17 pm

RoarkVegeta wrote:More Saiya-jin backstory, please.
Also this
Tweaker wrote:I'd much prefer to see a proper movie or special about the initial strike of Buu against the world of the Kaioshin, myself! It was only touched upon lightly in the series itself; there seemed to be quite a bit of backstory behind Buu's conception that would make for a pretty fantastic adaption.

I also wouldn't mind something that properly followed up on Goku training Uub. We never really got anything that touched on that proper.
And this

And an entirely new movie wouldn't hurt either :lol:

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:22 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:No? We have already know enough about the history of the Saiyans. How about the history of Freeza?
Yeah, I think the Saiyans' history has been pretty well fleshed out, but we still know next to nothing about Freeza. I mean, we see him in the Barduck special, but he's already the same guy he is 25 years later. I want to know where he came from, how he got so much stronger than anyone else, and how he met his henchmen. Think of it, it could even be like a One Piece parody: Freeza going around finding strong people to join his crew, and then killing them with wanton abandon.

@Tweaker: I'd like to see specials like that as well. In fact, they could be the same special: scene of Oob training with Goku interspersed with scenes of Boo's origin.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:57 pm

Herms wrote:
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:No? We have already know enough about the history of the Saiyans. How about the history of Freeza?
Yeah, I think the Saiyans' history has been pretty well fleshed out, but we still know next to nothing about Freeza. I mean, we see him in the Barduck special, but he's already the same guy he is 25 years later. I want to know where he came from, how he got so much stronger than anyone else, and how he met his henchmen. Think of it, it could even be like a One Piece parody: Freeza going around finding strong people to join his crew, and then killing them with wanton abandon.

@Tweaker: I'd like to see specials like that as well. In fact, they could be the same special: scene of Oob training with Goku interspersed with scenes of Boo's origin.
No! I wanna see way before. Like the very begining of the Saiya-jin.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:56 pm

RoarkVegeta wrote:No! I wanna see way before. Like the very begining of the Saiya-jin.

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:09 pm

Rocketman wrote:
RoarkVegeta wrote:No! I wanna see way before. Like the very begining of the Saiya-jin.
*image*
:lol: When I saw you were the last poster I thought you were going to ask for a Chi chi centric movie

Pain
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Pain » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:23 pm

Rocketman wrote:
*image*
Why, Rocketman, why? :cry:
Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"
Member #:2148
Post Rank: #33
Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece
Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom

Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:42 pm

Wouldn't a movie contradict it? I thought idea was to remove filler/non-canon stuff. If they did that with a movie this would be the entire movie : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnvupMV9su4