How Buu Kai´s Recap should have been

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

How Buu Kai´s Recap should have been

Post by Black_Liger » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:09 am

I think there is a massive problem with the music placement, we clearly have more music than they put in there. It´s sometimes like they just throw music in there, so I made my version of the Final chapters recap based on my perception of how the score should be treated. First, they should have use more orchestra from the beginning,

This is my version: (You don´t have to download it, you can watch it online through Mediafire´s videoplayer!)

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/0242hx6a ... /dbkai.wmv

I use the first track as a main theme of sorts for the buu kai arc, I would play in the biggest momments and echo the grand beginning it set off. It ends just when Freeza gets killed by trunks.

The second track is use to represent the threat of the androids, the sense of urgency in the track reflects how the events occur in android saga, the build up is great in my opinion.

The last track is an emotional cue to represent Gohan´s courage and the losses of the battle, especially Goku´s. Since it plays when Gohan kills Cell, it would give much more depth when it plays again when Videl deduces Gohan was the real hero.

For the sake of comparison, here is the original version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9loUD8V5PFs

I didn´t want to use battle tracks, I wanted it to focus on the emotional aspects of the story, ranging from Heroic, to a sense of danger, then a surge of determination. I wanted it to have true grasp of the best aspects of the story, not just put some apocalyptic track and hope it´s epic.
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Re: How Buu Kai´s Recap should have been

Post by TheRed259 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:30 am

I didn't like at all what you did there. You have made it overdramatic and that's not the point. Besides, I don't like when they use all the good stuff from the beginning.

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:42 am

TheRed259 wrote:I didn't like at all what you did there. You have made it overdramatic and that's not the point. Besides, I don't like when they use all the good stuff from the beginning.
Well, thanks for your opinion, but the original version is pretty much lifeless. I don't get how the music can be "a little too much" when lots of things are actually happening. But well, opinions is opinions, might I add. It's thanks to you I got the soundtracks to do this. So thanks!

*I don't like it when they use all the good stuff from the beginning" My main gripe with this comment is that Toei waited too much to actually bring the good stuff in.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:12 am

I thought that was very well done. The use of the dramatic score matched the tone of the show at the time which was serious and much less goofy.

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:57 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I thought that was very well done. The use of the dramatic score matched the tone of the show at the time which was serious and much less goofy.
Thank you very much Lord Beerus :D that's exactly my reasoning for matching the score :)

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:58 pm

Not bad man not bad at all
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

ShinGaijin
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShinGaijin » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:44 pm

Your version is so much better, Nagasaki & Motoyama should be ashamed of their pitiful work. :roll:

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:54 pm

Thanks a lot guys. I'm happy to see that people agree on my vision that the buu kai score can work if used correctly. I hope it gets officially release so a better placement can be done.