Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Miracles
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Miracles » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:26 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Miracles wrote:
MKCSTEALTH wrote:I'm honestly okay with Broly not lasting so long in his FPSSJ or "Berserk" or "LSSJ" form against Gogeta. This new Broly is no longer just a hulking, green haired mess of rage and yelling Kakarot. He's more than his iconic form.
The classic Broly embraced being evil. While this Broly seems to be a victim. According to the spoilers but I take everyone of them with a grain of salt.
That's painfully generic. "look, another guy is evil just because! Oh, and he's really strong!" And it makes it that much more dumb as a character when you realize his main motivation was related to a baby crying next to him.

Him being a more sympathetic character makes him infinitely more interesting.
Broly's motivation wasn't Kakarot's crying. His motive as the Legendary destructive Super Saiyan was simply choas and he took it on with a smile.
Come on, the whole victimization skit is played out too. At least the evil chaos embracing character fits the role of legendary Super Saiyan.
Last edited by Miracles on Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:26 pm

TheNingen wrote:I think I must be stupid because I still don't understand what the BR in 'Broly: BR' stands for.
BRoly.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

kidhero1000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kidhero1000 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:18 pm

Miracles wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Miracles wrote: The classic Broly embraced being evil. While this Broly seems to be a victim. According to the spoilers but I take everyone of them with a grain of salt.
That's painfully generic. "look, another guy is evil just because! Oh, and he's really strong!" And it makes it that much more dumb as a character when you realize his main motivation was related to a baby crying next to him.

Broly's motivation wasn't Kakarot's crying. His motive as the Legendary destructive Super Saiyan was simply choas and he took it on with a smile.
Come on, the whole victimization skit is played out too. At least the evil chaos embracing character fits the role of legendary Super Saiyan.
Not really, but it sure as hell didn't stop him from being a one note villain whose shtick got played out quickly though. Hopefully this time around there may be something of substance, though I don't expect much.
He devolved into saying only one word. Time to hit the ol' cosmic trail.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:26 pm

everything seems to indicate that broly and kefla have a similar level
Miracles wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Miracles wrote: The classic Broly embraced being evil. While this Broly seems to be a victim. According to the spoilers but I take everyone of them with a grain of salt.

all this falls apart when he loses control by the "crying" of goten, believing that it is kakarot there is no way to excuse that

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:45 pm

Tai Lung wrote:everything seems to indicate that broly and kefla have a similar level

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:59 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:everything seems to indicate that broly and kefla have a similar level
Do you have something to say???

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:09 pm

PFM18 wrote:
This ain’t gamefaqs dude. This is Kanzenshuu. And quoting someone without adding any commentary of your own is frowned upon here. Just thought i’d let you know.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:10 pm

Tai Lung wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Lol I'm sorry I goofed.

But no, Kefla and Broly are very clearly not close in power. Kefla is explicitly below GoD level, and Broly is explicitly there or higher. Not to mention the slew of other pieces of evidence that LSSJ Broly>>>Kefla.'
GodVegetto91 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
This ain’t gamefaqs dude. This is Kanzenshuu. And quoting someone without adding any commentary of your own is frowned upon here. Just thought i’d let you know.
Yeah obviously, I just messed up on accident. You aren't exactly giving any groundbreaking information.
Last edited by PFM18 on Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:11 pm

Tai Lung wrote:
PFM18 wrote:

Broly multiple times including in this last teaser has been stated as “strongest”. Movie compares him to Beerus

Kefla is not Beerus tier or close.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:21 pm

Noah wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:So there's an image of Paragus floating around:
Wow, he looks pretty nice on this. Way better without the pink dress.
LimitbreakerKrillin wrote:Base Gogeta looks so much better here than the leaked cellphone shot we got a couple of days ago
My thoughts exactly, I was against Gogeta on this movie, but I guess he might deliver better than UI Goku.
I dont mind his pink hakama thing he has going on, but I cant unsee this when I look at him

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:42 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote: Broly multiple times including in this last teaser has been stated as “strongest”. Movie compares him to Beerus

PFM18 wrote:
Lol I'm sorry I goofed.

But no, Kefla and Broly are very clearly not close in power. Kefla is explicitly below GoD level, and Broly is explicitly there or higher. Not to mention the slew of other pieces of evidence that LSSJ Broly>>>Kefla.'
What do I use? in feats and in facts ...
kefla defeated Goku SSJG in base ..
Broly defeated Goku SSJG in base ..
-----
you can see that Goku and Vegeta in SSB face Broly SSJ and also golden frieza.

besides there is no blueken, SSBE or UI to compare so ..

Gogeta SSB> Goku UI Omen> Broly LSSJ> = Kefla SSL2

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:52 pm

That's some pretty intense oversimplification there. Kefla was explicitly not GoD tier, and Broly explicitly possibly above that tier. It is really that simple. Also, the promotional material could be used to justify Broly>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kefla

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:56 pm

That's cool seeing a base Gogeta.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:02 pm

Tai Lung wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote: Broly multiple times including in this last teaser has been stated as “strongest”. Movie compares him to Beerus

PFM18 wrote:
Lol I'm sorry I goofed.

What do I use? in feats and in facts ...
-----

Kefla base defeated an extremely tired Goku SSG, and only Goku SSB (equally tired) was able to match the Kefla SSJ Berserker. She is not even close

And Broly did not defeat Goku SSG in base form, we know he was using another form, with yellow eyes with pupils and with larger muscles

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:05 pm

Viz Media Europe is set to distribute a new Dragon Ball Z movie, the franchise’s 20th film
Viz Media Europe is set to distribute a new Dragon Ball Z movie, the franchise’s 20th film.

The film is based on a new story and character designs by Akira Toriyama and will feature the character Saiyan Broly, who appeared in Dragon Ball Z: Broly–The Legendary Super Saiyan.

Viz Media Europe has unveiled a global marketing campaign to go with the launch that will include activations with an unnamed distributor and Toei Animation Europe.

The film is set to be released in Japan on Dec. 14.
Finally the movie is confirmed to be released in France while new countries are being added to the list.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:20 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Lol I'm sorry I goofed.

GodVegetto91 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Yeah obviously, I just messed up on accident. You aren't exactly giving any groundbreaking information.
Oh you messed up on accident? My bad than. Apologies..

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:21 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:And Broly did not defeat Goku SSG in base form, we know he was using another form, with yellow eyes with pupils and with larger muscles
Yes, his "Ikari" form. He obtains yellow eyes and spiky hair in that state.
So yeah, Broly completely leaves Kefla in the dust. she's probably only a couple times stronger than Goku's max output as SSB and for that matter it is arguable that he got stronger during ep 123 onward and surpassed her. On the other hand. Broly completely brutalizes him without even using his highest form.
GodVegetto91 wrote: Yeah obviously, I just messed up on accident. You aren't exactly giving any groundbreaking information.
Oh you messed up on accident? My bad than. Apologies..
Yeah I was in a hurry and I thought I had already typed my response, but really I formatted it and clicked submit without realizing it.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:27 pm

The goku that broly fought is WAY stronger than the one kefla fought and goku started the fight fresh not trying to recover. There is no comp between them.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:30 pm

Tai Lung wrote: What do I use? in feats and in facts ...
-----

So you're saying that SSB Gogeta is just barely stronger than TOP UI omen? Vados quite clearly said that Fusion combines their fusees max power and then increases their strength by dozens, so by simple Logic and the fact that Goku held his own against SS Kefla in SSB, a fusion of both Goku and Vegeta post TOP would oneshot her in base.

Also characters get stronger throughout the tournament stated several times which you seem to ignore

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:50 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
Tai Lung wrote: What do I use? in feats and in facts ...
-----

So you're saying that SSB Gogeta is just barely stronger than TOP UI omen? Vados quite clearly said that Fusion combines their fusees max power and then increases their strength by dozens, so by simple Logic and the fact that Goku held his own against SS Kefla in SSB, a fusion of both Goku and Vegeta post TOP would oneshot her in base.

Also characters get stronger throughout the tournament stated several times which you seem to ignore
One shot in Base? That is a HUGE stretch. You seem to think Goku was on par with SSJ Kefla when she was stated to rival the Genki Dama and ultimately defeated SSBKKx20.

It was never explicitly stated that they got stronger throughout the tournament. Certainly not "several times." Considering that there's exactly 0 statements about Goku/Vegeta having these enormous power increases, although it is possible, they aren't supported by statements.