One Step Closer to Real Scouters

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

hunterxhunter21
Beyond Newbie

Post by hunterxhunter21 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:28 am

Yes real capsules please... so I can put my magazines inside of one Dr. Briefs style. Also... am I the only one who would love real pokemon? Being able to jump on your charizard and have him fly you anywhere.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:54 am

While Lightsabers are merely impractical, capsules are impossible. A house compressed to a size that can fit in your hand would still weigh as much as a house.

hunterxhunter21
Beyond Newbie

Post by hunterxhunter21 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:58 am

Wouldn't whatever technology it uses to shrink it down also make it weigh less? A real house is gonna weigh less than a house you can fit in your hand. It wouldn't be a house inside the capsule but it's atoms bouncing around inside of it. Kinda like in Star Trek, the transporter beam they use. Now I'm not a scientist but we are talking about a future where they can shrink a house down, you would think they would also have a way to make it weigh less.
Dragon Ball Famicon/Super Famicom game scans : HERE

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:12 am

hunterxhunter21 wrote:Wouldn't whatever technology it uses to shrink it down also make it weigh less? A real house is gonna weigh less than a house you can fit in your hand. It wouldn't be a house inside the capsule but it's atoms bouncing around inside of it. Kinda like in Star Trek, the transporter beam they use. Now I'm not a scientist but we are talking about a future where they can shrink a house down, you would think they would also have a way to make it weigh less.
If its atoms are in there, its weight is in there.
The only way a volume-compression thingy could reduce mass is to have some kind of internal force to balance it. Which... would be neat.... I guess... XD
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:59 am

Rocketman wrote:While Lightsabers are merely impractical, capsules are impossible. A house compressed to a size that can fit in your hand would still weigh as much as a house.
That's just one way of doing it, and a pretty bad one at that (the whole weight issue).

A better idea would be to take a sampling of the atoms, and count of how many and where so the actual capsule has only a fraction of the total mass. Upon un-capsulation the atoms are arranged and duplicated as necessary.

Think of your way like FLAC and my way like mp3.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:23 am

desirecampbell wrote:
Rocketman wrote:While Lightsabers are merely impractical, capsules are impossible. A house compressed to a size that can fit in your hand would still weigh as much as a house.
That's just one way of doing it, and a pretty bad one at that (the whole weight issue).

A better idea would be to take a sampling of the atoms, and count of how many and where so the actual capsule has only a fraction of the total mass. Upon un-capsulation the atoms are arranged and duplicated as necessary.

Are you saying that I could download my house off of BitTorrent? :lol: :P
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:43 am

Capsules are logically impossible; the theory behind light sabers could work one day, but scouters, aside from 'power readings", are quite possible.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:57 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:Capsules are logically impossible; the theory behind light sabers could work one day, but scouters, aside from 'power readings", are quite possible.
I couldn't help but notice that you implied that scouters reading battle powers is improbable... :P.
I don't find such improbable at all; the question is more if there'd be a practical use for such a thing, since most of us don't seem to be in the situation where it'd be extremely dangerous to go around without the ability to measure some stats on random people that may or may not wind up as an opponent of some kind...

But d'ya know what would be trés awesome?
A game viewed through a scouter and controlled by a nyoui-bo!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:11 pm

Kendamu wrote:
desirecampbell wrote:

That would probably be the best thing ever.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:16 pm

All I was saying was how exactly would you gauge someone's strength or battle power just by pressing a button on a machine?

Youd have to be VERY close to them or have some sort of physical contact between them and the machine.

I'd just want a scouter that sat on my face and LOOKED like a scouter.....unlike the walkie talkies from the DBox set.

Super Ghost Kamikaze
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:28 pm

On the point of lightsabers that is sort-of on topic, I'd like to point everyone to this.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:18 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:All I was saying was how exactly would you gauge someone's strength or battle power just by pressing a button on a machine?

Youd have to be VERY close to them or have some sort of physical contact between them and the machine.

I'd just want a scouter that sat on my face and LOOKED like a scouter.....unlike the walkie talkies from the DBox set.
I might bet Tessla could've done it. :D

Ur... I think I'll agree with the lass sentence. :D

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:20 pm

Big Momma wrote:
Kendamu wrote:
desirecampbell wrote: That's just one way of doing it, and a pretty bad one at that (the whole weight issue).

That would probably be the best thing ever.
...I'd pirate Microsoft's Windows. Meaning Bill Gates' house. :lol:
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:59 pm

desirecampbell wrote:Upon un-capsulation the atoms are arranged and duplicated as necessary.
Where do the 'duplicated' atoms come from? Matter can't come from nothing in the real world.