What do you think about these Khhh sounds in the Latin American dub?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

What do you think about these Khhh sounds in the Latin American dub?

Post by TheRed259 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:02 pm

Just saw a video from the Latin American dub of DBZ Kai: The Final Chapters and there are lots of Khhh sounds from Goku and Gohan there. It seems that they were trying to imitate Masako Nozawa's Khhh sounds from the original Japanese version. Do you think that this is cool or does it sound weird?

(1:27, 1:57 and 2:38) https://youtu.be/xCr8ou7V86U?t=87

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: What do you think about these Khhh sounds in the Latin American dub?

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:18 pm

God Bless the memory of Luis Alfonso Mendoza but boy was that a terrible idea.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: What do you think about these Khhh sounds in the Latin American dub?

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:09 pm

It... It just sounds like they're trying to clear their throats or something. Really doesn't sound good to me.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash