Things fans do that piss you off

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:34 pm

Rory wrote: I don't care who says what. NOBODY can beat Chuck Norris.
Oh, well, duh. That's a given. Forget Goku beating Superman; Chuck Norris could take 'em both down at the same time without breaking a sweat.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:36 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote: Oh, well, duh. That's a given. Forget Goku beating Superman; Chuck Norris could take 'em both down at the same time without breaking a sweat.
Now is that pre-crisis or post-crisis Chuck Norris?

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:40 pm

Deus ex Machina wrote:
SSj Kaboom wrote: Oh, well, duh. That's a given. Forget Goku beating Superman; Chuck Norris could take 'em both down at the same time without breaking a sweat.
Now is that pre-crisis or post-crisis Chuck Norris?
Ummm... who cares?

Time mattereth not; Lord Norris still reineth supremely!
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:23 pm

Deus ex Machina wrote:Now is that pre-crisis or post-crisis Chuck Norris?
There is no 'pre' crisis Chuck Norris - Chuck Norris simply always was, and thus, so has this crisis.

Oh, I hate any fan who takes anything too seriously, or not seriously enough. It's not my whole life, but it's not a waste of time either.

Payne222
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Payne222 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:53 pm

Rory wrote:I don't care who says what. NOBODY can beat Chuck Norris.
A swift Roundhouse kick and Goku's gone.. imagine a Super Saiya-Jin Norris.. Shocked *Shudders*
More on topic, I loathe fans who hate the Japanese version, without even having an open mind for it.
*Sparks new idea for funny fan art*
Now that would be hilarious and sweet...
「あの地球人のように?・・・クリリンのことか・・・クリリンのことか————っ!!!!!!」

「オレは地球からきさまをたおすためにやってきたサイヤ人・・・おだやかな心をもちながらはげしい怒りによって目覚めた伝説の戦士・・・超サイヤ人孫悟空だ!!!!!」

Mr.Piccolo

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:29 pm

::remembers how Chuck Norris jokes got old fast::
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:06 am

Mr.Piccolo wrote:::remembers how Chuck Norris jokes got old fast::
I second that thought.

future_trunks
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by future_trunks » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:44 am

Wow, you should have just said that you hate yaoi :?
Cuz you're an ocean, you're an ocean, settle down settle down what's the commotion?

Brad Redfield
Regular

Post by Brad Redfield » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:58 am

Kamedak wrote:She's not hating people for liking Naruto, DB etc... Her problem is with the fans who bash InuYasha, but then turn around and praise a series like Naruto and DB... and likely Bleach too. Those series' are all fairly similar in my opinion.

At least thats how I read it ^^;;
Yow. I just realized that was what she was trying to say. Now I feel like an ass. :P Sorry about that Menardi.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:08 am

Synthe wrote: Sometimes this also pisses me
http://satsuma.uijin.com/105.jpg
http://satsuma.uijin.com/342_00.jpg

Those both go to 403 error message pages. I dunno if that was on purpose or not, but I too dislike it when urls change without telling you or go down (such as the old site I used to visit to get those ancient episode-script translations).
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

future_trunks
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by future_trunks » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:11 am

Chuquita wrote:
Synthe wrote: Sometimes this also pisses me
http://satsuma.uijin.com/105.jpg
http://satsuma.uijin.com/342_00.jpg

Those both go to 403 error message pages. I dunno if that was on purpose or not, but I too dislike it when urls change without telling you or go down (such as the old site I used to visit to get those ancient episode-script translations).
Yea that happened to my own website once :x I hate Hentai of any sort, I hate wikipedia-dragonball fans, I hate people who make their favorite character their screen name....
Cuz you're an ocean, you're an ocean, settle down settle down what's the commotion?

Maker777
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Maker777 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:21 am

But that just described you... Hmm I hate people that are like "ZOMFGBBQWTFLOL G0ku pwnz0r the supermanz0r 1000 t1m3s 7685 at 12 0clock mid4y P0stM0rtum GRAHHHHHH I 0wnz0r!!!!1!!!111!'

Yes. It is what I hate...
[b]Mr.Pedestrian[/b]
[url=http://www.users.on.net/~mateen/][b]Shnay Krew[/b][/url]
[url=http://mrpedestrian.deviantart.com/][b]DeviArt[/b][/url] || [url=http://www.myspace.com/_1_a][b]MySpace[/b][/url]

Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:06 am

Maker777 wrote:But that just described you... Hmm I hate people that are like "ZOMFGBBQWTFLOL G0ku pwnz0r the supermanz0r 1000 t1m3s 7685 at 12 0clock mid4y P0stM0rtum GRAHHHHHH I 0wnz0r!!!!1!!!111!'

It seems as though you hate 3/4 of the current DBZ fans. It's sad, but us real fans are the minority.

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:21 am

Synthe, for somebody who hates Yaoi you certainly managed to find an extensive amount of links for it... :shock:
future_trunks wrote:Yea that happened to my own website once I hate Hentai of any sort, I hate wikipedia-dragonball fans, I hate people who make their favorite character their screen name....
Yeah...I hate those hentai dragonball fans too...bunch of perverts they all are. :oops: I share your dislike for the Dragonball wikipedia articles though. You think they would be maintained by someone who actually knows what the hell they're talking about.

Another thing I remembered, I hate it when anyone brings real world physics into a Dragonball discussion (i.e., calculating character's speeds). The story was written by a man who's mostly known for poop jokes, not his grasp of physics. Hell, the man can't even draw proper anatomy!

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:27 am

future_trunks wrote:Yea that happened to my own website once I hate Hentai of any sort, I hate wikipedia-dragonball fans
Deus ex Machina wrote: I share your dislike for the Dragonball wikipedia articles though. You think they would be maintained by someone who actually knows what the hell they're talking about.
We're trying, damnit!

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:35 am

Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi wrote:
Maker777 wrote:But that just described you... Hmm I hate people that are like "ZOMFGBBQWTFLOL G0ku pwnz0r the supermanz0r 1000 t1m3s 7685 at 12 0clock mid4y P0stM0rtum GRAHHHHHH I 0wnz0r!!!!1!!!111!'

It seems as though you hate 3/4 of the current DBZ fans. It's sad, but us real fans are the minority.
Sad but true...

Anyways, the thread's pretty long so I bet this has been mentioned before... But I hate a couple of things:

(A) When fans who were into the series finish it and turn on it faster than Anakin turns to the dark side! And all that to be accepted by the so-called "Anime Elitists". It's bullshit. I prefer to stay away from all that and keep my fandom to myself. If people don't like it or accept it, who cares!

(B) The constant bitching about power level talk, powering up, and "Episodes worth of build-up for a 5 minute fight". Aren't people like that just following the crowd? "That's how people view it so I'll adopt that opinion as well!"

Pisses me off...

Kamedak

Post by Kamedak » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:10 am

SonGokuGT wrote:When fans who were into the series finish it and turn on it faster than Anakin turns to the dark side! And all that to be accepted by the so-called "Anime Elitists". It's bullshit. I prefer to stay away from all that and keep my fandom to myself. If people don't like it or accept it, who cares!
I couldn't agree more. Anime elitists are horrible, the community is compiled of fans that jump ship from their "favorite" series at the drop of a hat... as soon as it is no longer accepted in the clique they bash it. One thing about Dragonball, once the dust settled and the anime elitist community shunned it, you could really tell who the true fans were/are.

theoriginalbilis

Post by theoriginalbilis » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:38 pm

Agreed. The majority of anime fandom (especially in the US) sucks, since they bash what other people like most of the time, and are easily led into liking/disliking one series if the majority (authority to them) says so.

Don't even get me started on the anime "fans" that download and download and download anime and never actually support the product. Blech... :evil:
Also, it really annoys me when certain hate on all anime dubbing without actually listening to it first. "OMG the JAPANEEZE IS AWESOMEZZ, the DUB SUX ALWAYEZZ." True. For some dubbed anime. But the majority of it nowadays is acceptable.

To me, a real fan shows his/her true fandom by supporting an anime they like, even after it's frowned upon by those who are "trendy/in the know."

I'll love classics like Dragon Ball, until the day I die.
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

Last Son of Krypton
Beyond Newbie

Post by Last Son of Krypton » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:53 pm

Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi wrote:

Wow. What makes you are "real" fan and not those other people mentioned?
[b]Superman to Darkseid after the apparent destruction of Imperiex in [i]Our Worlds At War[/i][/b]

[i]I think I found the true nature of existence. Something you'll never know. I almost feel sorry for you. How does it feel to be so...[b]insignificant?[/b][/i]