FOX extends DBZ Live action Movie Domain Rights Another year

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

landoku
Beyond Newbie

FOX extends DBZ Live action Movie Domain Rights Another year

Post by landoku » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:24 pm

http://whois.domaintools.com/dragonballz-movie.com

According to whois.sc the domain dragonballz-movie.com was updated on Jan 12. The domain registration has been extended until March 25, 2008! I know its not HUGE news, but its something out there for everyone who wants to see this movie happen.

future_trunks
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by future_trunks » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:51 pm

...NO it lives :cry:

I guess thats pretty cool, but who knows if they will accually complete it.
Cuz you're an ocean, you're an ocean, settle down settle down what's the commotion?

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:22 pm

UGH! Please let it die! I for one am not interested in seeing a movie adaption of Dragonball....AGAIN! And think of Fox doing it. :x Did you see what they did to Gojira aka Godzilla !? :evil: If you all hate the FUNI dub of Dragonball then I'm sure we will all loathe a movie adaption made by FOX. :? I almost forgot that FOX still had the filming rights.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:23 pm

If they feel they must create their own dbz movie here in the U.S; then please, PLEASE let it be CGI and not live-action. I'd feel immensely more at ease with a cgi film using Funi's va's than a live-action movie with a bunch of new, randomly picked actors. :shock:

Oh hey, 600th post! :3
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:28 pm

That dark cloud just won't go away!

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:44 pm

I think they could pull this off really well, if the right people are involved. :wink:

Mr.Piccolo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:46 pm

The day this movie comes out is the day I watch the sequel to "Catwoman".
-Rick
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

landoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by landoku » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:04 pm

Mr.Piccolo wrote:The day this movie comes out is the day I watch the sequel to "Catwoman".
-Rick
*lol* That was pretty good.

Really though, most of you on this forum absolutely HATE the idea of a DBZ LAM. (live action movie) right? I really dont get why, I mean as a big fan of Dragonball and as being a fan for a long time now. I really hope this happens and by this, it just shows me there ATLEAST interested in doing it still. I think ya'll should have more of a positive view on this. I mean, we lived through GT and I really doubt this is gonna be a letdown like that. :roll:

mAcChaos

Post by mAcChaos » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:14 pm

I mean, we lived through GT and I really doubt this is gonna be a letdown like that.
Three words: Mario Bros. movie.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:18 pm

The hair for one. Goku's hair already defies logic in the series (Mr. Announcer has a comic about this somewhere on DA actually) I can't see how they'll pull that off.
I'd just feel better if they did it CGI. If anyone's seen the ads for the Toriyama-designed "Blue Dragon"; that's the kind of thing I'd like to see.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Magica
Regular

Post by Magica » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:23 pm

Oh hell no.

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:34 pm

mAcChaos wrote:
I mean, we lived through GT and I really doubt this is gonna be a letdown like that.
Three words: Mario Bros. movie.
Ah no, if FOX tries to modernize DBZ like they did with Mario... :x.
(tries to NOT imagine Goku decked out in Ecko apparel) :barfs:

Really though, DBZ is one of those things that can't be turned into a live action movie, unless a ton of money is put into CG-ing everything (including hair!).
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

MarcFBR
Advanced Regular

Post by MarcFBR » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:05 pm

It is common industry practice to try and keep any urls you have, and often they get renewed en mass, it is quite likely they didn't even notice they still have it.

landoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by landoku » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:43 pm

godofchaos wrote:It is common industry practice to try and keep any urls you have, and often they get renewed en mass, it is quite likely they didn't even notice they still have it.
And that quite possibly could be the case. However I hope it isnt, I really want this and so do a lot of other fans....just none on THIS forum. *lol*

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:56 pm

landoku wrote:And that quite possibly could be the case. However I hope it isnt, I really want this and so do a lot of other fans....just none on THIS forum. *lol*
I just don't trust Hollywood to do it right. I've been pleasantly shocked by films like this before (Lord of the Rings); but as a rule, I expect something alongs the lines of the recent Spider-man and X-men movies (yeah, everyone else liked 'em, I fucking hate them).

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:45 am

Oh, come on, people. It wouldn't be that bad.

Anyhoo, I'm going to be one of the few optomistic ones, and take this as good news. I still think DragonBall would make a good live-action movie (series), if properly adapted from the original material.
Last edited by Kaboom on Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

nathantheguitarist

Post by nathantheguitarist » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:59 am

I for one, think this is pretty cool, that means they're still playing with the idea hopefully.

I though, have thought about it long and hard (hehe...) about how it could ever be turned into a live action movie, or even a cgi movie, and I've come up with pretty much nothing that would make a good movie... So with me not being a movie maker, I will find it very interesting to see what they would come up with. I'll even go watch it opening weekend (just because I'm a stupid fanboy) to see how they would pull it off. :lol:
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

GI_Judd2287
Beyond Newbie

Post by GI_Judd2287 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:02 am

I'd pay a lot more than the admission price to see Hollywood's take on Dragon Ball, even if they changed almost everything.
"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?"-- Captain America

nathantheguitarist

Post by nathantheguitarist » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:06 am

Uhmm, I wouldn't, and if it was good, I would get the Special Edition Blu-Ray version of the movie, but I wouldnt pay twice as much to see it once...

Your just being over-anxious for it to come out ;)
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

MarcFBR
Advanced Regular

Post by MarcFBR » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:19 am

landoku wrote: And that quite possibly could be the case. However I hope it isnt, I really want this and so do a lot of other fans....just none on THIS forum. *lol*
Define 'a lot', do you mean the dozen guys in that other forum whom you asked to try and spam Daizex with how great a DBZ movie would be to try and change peoples minds?

Frankly I could care less if there is a live action movie or not, despite animes increased popularity (and in some cases IMMENSE), the last time there actually WAS a live action adaption of an anime by a Hollywood studio that I remember was the 2 Guyver movies, since then every 'planned' live action anime film in the USA either got stuck in preproduction or fizzled out when they realised the production costs.

I say we all demand David Hayter come back for a third Guyver movie.

and to end the post, I could only think of one thing that is both funny, and ironic enough to end this post with.

Homer Simpson: Ooh! What about Indiana Jones? Does anyone own the rights to that?