Looking For Ocean Clips.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Looking For Ocean Clips.

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:22 pm

Is there anyone here that would know of a site that I can see Ocean dub's clips (Audio or Video)?

I would love to hear alternate English voices for Mr.Satan, chibi Trunks and Majin Boo.

desirecampbell

Re: Looking For Ocean Clips.

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:41 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:Is there anyone here that would know of a site that I can see Ocean dub's clips (Audio or Video)?

I would love to hear alternate English voices for Mr.Satan, chibi Trunks and Majin Boo.
Well, I feel like a terrible newbie - but - I thought Ocean got snubbed before the Cell saga, ie: no Trunks, 'Hurcule', or Buu.

Now I have to go and check instead of doing Calculas. I blame you, Tanooki :P

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:58 pm

There are actually two English dubs for the later eps. The Funi one and also the dub that was done in Vancouver for U.K./Canada broadcast. That's the one he's talking about. It's usually referred to as the "Blue Waters dub" after the name of the studio that did it.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:14 am

Yep. Canada and UK got Ocean. However, finding those episodes is nearly impossible. They don't have distrabution rights so there's no DVDs. You'd need to find someone who's recorded them all of T.V...
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:20 am

Try Here and Here for some video and audio clips of Blue Water's GT dub. Also, I've made a fan-project of the first 2 episodes of that dub into a GT recap movie, similar to FUNi's. If it's alright with the mods, may I post a link, since it's not an actual episode? No profit would be made from it whats-so-ever.
Last edited by Conan the SSJ on Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
14 years later

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:31 am

Wow, thanks Conan. Vegeta's Voice is horrid in that Ocean Dub. Horrid!

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:01 am

Holy crap, the Ocean dub is terrible. Hey, Jerseymilk (or anyone else in Canada) did YTV use the Ocean dub or the FUNi Texas dub? I really don't remember that as Vegeta's voice.

Dominator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dominator » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:55 am

Which Vegeta had the raspy voice? FUNi's or Ocean's?
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/vendavaleste/]Carrion - The Dominator Fansite[/url]

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:04 am

*listens to the Vegeta sound clip of Ocean's* OMG! That's horrible sounding! I've never watched those on tv so I had no idea! It's as bad as Kirby Morrow doing Goku! Boy I'd like to meet whoever did the casting for the Blue Water dub and pistol whip them for all the lousy casting choices they've made. There's also that horrible actor doing Trunks(the guy sounds like he's doing a crossword while recording, he's so expressionless) and Maggie Blue O'Hara(Bulma) doing her one "hat trick" voice of a valley girl. It's all she seems to be capable of....

DC: Unfortunately, YTV did indeed use that horrible dub. Glad I never watch it.(shudder)

Dominator: That raspy voiced Vegeta was done by Brian Drummond when Ocean first did the dubbing before it was moved to Texas under Funi. I still believe, that even though the sound of the voice wasn't accurate, Drummond did the best characterization and acting for Vegeta for any of the dubs.

Timo
Regular

Post by Timo » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:32 am

Err...you guys know that Ocean dubbed the late (Cell Games - the end as far as I know) DBZ episodes with the original englisch cast (except Morrow as Goku in the Buu arc)? ;) The Blue Water GT dub is indeed horrible but Ocean's DBZ dub is in my opinion better than FUNi's.^^ Brian Drummond is a GOD! :P

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:07 am

Before for the Saiyajin and Namek sagas it is a better one, but it's not as better post-Cell. Like I said, your stuck with a "stone-voice Trunks", a "valley girl Buruma" who by now is supposed to be almost 40, and Kirby-I-can't-scream-worth-my-salt-Morrow.

El_Diablo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by El_Diablo » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:54 pm

Here's a site I've had bookmarked for a while.

You can download the clips with the picture next to them

http://rabilavi.hp.infoseek.co.jp/inter ... /table.htm
Where's the beef?

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:10 pm

Wow, thanks. That video "Saiyan's Emerge" is such a great example of how bad that dub is. I mean not even that actuall voices but the emotion is horrible.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:26 pm

What the hell was that on the JPN SSJ Goku link? That was pathetic![/i]

El_Diablo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by El_Diablo » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:40 pm

I found it to be an awesome dub
Where's the beef?

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:45 pm

I found it to be an awesome dub
Did you really? Well, what exactly did you like about it?

Dominator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dominator » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:53 pm

El_Diablo wrote:Here's a site I've had bookmarked for a while.

You can download the clips with the picture next to them

http://rabilavi.hp.infoseek.co.jp/inter ... /table.htm
Ah, those bring back memories, I feel as if I'm in primary school again.
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/vendavaleste/]Carrion - The Dominator Fansite[/url]

tarsonis
Regular

Post by tarsonis » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:59 pm

Rocketman wrote:What the hell was that on the JPN SSJ Goku link? That was pathetic![/i]
They really should just replace it with a dvd rip. That was an extremely low quality encode made from what looked like a 5th generation tape that someone found in a landfill.

gotenx
Beyond Newbie

Post by gotenx » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:34 pm

OH N03S!!!1one (sorry for the bad grammar. It was just the only way to express my feelings for this dub)
This brings back HORRIBLE memories from when I was still a n00b to DragonBall. The horrible memories of the Ocean dub. Vegeta always said "YE-ARGH!!!!!!!" like a pirate. He could never pronounce Galick Gun right (GYYALLICK GYUUN, YE-ARGH!!!!!!!!). Goku sounded like a surfer dude and Master Roshi sounded just plain horrible.

This dub also made so many dub mistakes such as saying that Goku's father was a brilliant scientist that created the brute waves technique.

THANK GOD FOR THE REDUB

PS: Is the ocean dub the same or simaler to the Blue water dub? I notice a BIG similarity in them.

El_Diablo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by El_Diablo » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:40 pm

You know it was FUNimation who wrote the scripts.

It wasn't really the voice actors' faults.

Anyway, I liked it because when FUNi's "Season 3" aired, I found there to be a huge drop in quality. Everyone sounded like crap.

Then the Ocean group came back during the Trunks arc and I liked the voices again.

In my opinion Piccolo fusing with Kami-sama and powering up against #17 are some of the best pieces of voice acting. Ever. I saw FUNimation's efforts in the #17 fight and laughed at how crap it was.
Where's the beef?