Can Krillin ride the Nimbus/Kinto-un?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Can Krillin ride the Nimbus/Kinto-un?

Post by nickzambuto » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:39 am

When Krillin first appeared in the beginning of the 21st Budokai arc, he was unable to ride the Nimbus and fell straight through. Although this could just be because Krillin was kind of an asshole at the time and pretty arrogant/girl crazy. Over the course of the series he's had a lot of development, he's become extremely kind and self sacrificing, as well as more humble. Perhaps most importantly is that his 12 year old raging hormones have died down, and now he desires a stable and loving marriage more than just impressing girls. Considering all this, do you think that, currently, Krillin could ride the Flying Nimbus/Kinto-un? Is he pure of heart, or does he still have impurities?

mirai.popo

Re: Can Krillin ride the Nimbus/Kinto-un?

Post by mirai.popo » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:47 am

He broke the remote Bulma made, potencially sacrificing all human race over a piece of metal ass. So I think he is not that naive or goodhearted.
I am Mirai Popo, the legendary Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan, a Makaioshin, the Dragon God of the Ultimate Dragon Balls. Half namekian, half wolf, half robot. I am the dragonborn and the Messiah of the future. The king of the smurfs. I am Captain of the Ginyu Force, I beated Satan at the World Martial Arts Tournament final. I spanked the crap out of super saiyan 8 Goku on Dragon Ball AF. I am top tier, fear me.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:50 am

If Vegeta of all people is qualified to participate in a ritual involving six pure-hearted Saiyans then Krillin's morality must be pearl white by now. I'm pretty confident he could ride the Nimbus. There's a possibility Tenshinhan and Piccolo might be capable of using it as well. Not that it has much use in this day and age. Bukujutsu is so easily usable and widespread now that a beginner like Videl is capable of flying thousands of kilometres back to her house with no significant draining of Ki.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:50 am

mirai.popo wrote:He broke the remote Bulma made, potencially sacrificing all human race over a piece of metal ass. So I think he is not that naive or goodhearted.
People always like to try and over-simplify Kuririn's actions there for some reason. Yes, what he did was stupid, but it wasn't just 'because she's hot' - that was pretty much his reasons for doing anything Maron wanted. But 18? Something about 18 intrigued him on a level beyond that, to the point he even asks Trunks if it's possible she's really not as bad as all of that, despite knowing what kind of answer he's going to get from Trunks of all people. Kuririn was also the only one to actually talk to the Androids briefly in a non-combat situation prior to that, and while they scared the crap out of him, he likely (albeit naively possibly) thought that they could be at least less evil than Freeza was, since all they really want was to be entertained, and their powers were basically just a big, shiny new toy to them. Compared to Vegeta's reasoning in the same scenes, which just boils down to 'Who cares about anything, I just wanna fight?', it's easily a lot less selfish, at least for me. Though I admit I'm biased, clearly.

Anyway, pertaining to the actual question of the thread, I'd like to assume he could by the time the Z era rolled around, but who knows. Kintoun's guidelines for who is good or not is never really fully explained. Heck, the only people we ever see capable of flying on it that I can recall are Goku, his sons, and Chi Chi, at least as a child. Oh, and Oob in the new ending from the kanzenban. I don't think we ever see a single other person capable of riding on it safely, so it's standards seem to be pretty specific for what it looks for in a new master.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

TheatreStyleKai
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheatreStyleKai » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:11 am

mirai.popo wrote:He broke the remote Bulma made, potencially sacrificing all human race over a piece of metal ass. So I think he is not that naive or goodhearted.
By that logic Goku can't ride Kinto-un either because he gave Cell a senzu bean.

mirai.popo

Post by mirai.popo » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:12 pm

TheatreStyleKai wrote:
By that logic Goku can't ride Kinto-un either because he gave Cell a senzu bean.
Touché.
I am Mirai Popo, the legendary Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan, a Makaioshin, the Dragon God of the Ultimate Dragon Balls. Half namekian, half wolf, half robot. I am the dragonborn and the Messiah of the future. The king of the smurfs. I am Captain of the Ginyu Force, I beated Satan at the World Martial Arts Tournament final. I spanked the crap out of super saiyan 8 Goku on Dragon Ball AF. I am top tier, fear me.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:13 pm

I'm pretty sure at this stage Krillin can ride the Nimbus. He's an extremely noble and dogged good-hearted guy.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:54 pm

I'd be more interested in whether post-Saiyan-arc Goku can ride Kinto-Un.

Hot Rod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Hot Rod » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:01 pm

If you consider Dragon Ball GT canon, Goku's last scene is riding Kinto-Un.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:14 pm

Cipher wrote:I'd be more interested in whether post-Saiyan-arc Goku can ride Kinto-Un.
He rode it during the Namek Saga.

Anyways... I'd say Krillin can ride the Kinto-Un. After all he was able to harness the Genkidama and only people with a pure heart are able to use/deflect it.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:32 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
Cipher wrote:I'd be more interested in whether post-Saiyan-arc Goku can ride Kinto-Un.
Totally forgot about that.

I think that's a little bit of a cheat after explaining his motivations for letting Vegeta go to Kuririn.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:37 am

Cipher wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:

I think that's a little bit of a cheat after explaining his motivations for letting Vegeta go to Kuririn.
Well being pure doesn't necessarily mean being a righteous hero.

Speedster
Regular

Post by Speedster » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:43 pm

The nimbus criteria seem to be pretty strict. It’s not about just not being evil or a generally good person as otherwise Roshi and Bulma could ride it. Goku and his sons can ride it because there is never wickedness in their intentions, thoughts or actions (ah and Goku’s arrogance scene in BoGs movie was removed from Dragonball Super - there is a difference between arrogance and confidence by the way). As for whether ‘Z era’ Kuririn could ride the nimbus we don’t quite know whether the nimbus forgives past sins like in case you stop doing them for the rest of your life you become eligible to ride it again. To me it seems that the nimbus requires a completely clean "sins’" record.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:24 pm

Cipher wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:

I don't think so. Toriyama has already explained that Goku's purity comes from a sense of only wanting to become stronger, not from goodness or righteousness.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:58 pm

Cipher wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:

He was acting on Saiyan urges and didn't really think things through. He regrets his decision in the end.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:48 pm

I can only guess yes based on Goku passing Krillin the Spirit Bomb, the technique apparently can't be formed if your heart isn't pure.

Silver Sinspawn
Advanced Regular

Post by Silver Sinspawn » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:23 am

He rode it on the way to fight Raditz, and in the Namek saga.

I think most of the Z Fighters qualify for the ability to ride it at this point.
Oh, you think the Grand Tour is your ally, you merely stepped into the Grand Tour. I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn’t see the Super until I was already a man; by then, it was nothing to me but blinding!