"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Spenzer
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Spenzer » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:46 am

You can see a Majin wearing Pikkon's clothes and another Majin wearing Trunk's sleeveless jacket from the Bojack movie in the new Majin mission pic.

I just realized how much I want Pikkon as playable.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:02 pm

Also, can somone lnk that tweet? I can't find it...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:06 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
10/10 best game ever.
Why would Mr Satan need a bodyguard when he clearly has shown to have the strength to take down Cell, Majin Boo, Goku and Beerus? :P

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:08 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Why would Mr Satan need a bodyguard when he clearly has shown to have the strength to take down Cell, Majin Boo, Goku and Beerus? :P
So he can prove that he is the best teacher in the world! No one shall get past his bodyguard! :twisted:
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Lunaar
Patreon Supporter

Post by Lunaar » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:19 pm

TL18 wrote:I'm not sure if it was confirmed or de-confirmed but I really want a dedicated menu. I like a hub world as much as the next person but I really don't want to have to wait for the hub world to load, go out and look for the versus area and if they have it in sections like then I'd have to wait for that to load, finally I get to the versus mode and I wait for that to load. It gets annoying when all you wanna do is just do a small single fight.
I'm with you on being sick to death of spawning so far from any point of interest, but I'm not necessarily in favor of having a strict menu to navigate through. Yeah, you could give the option of using either a strict menu or hub world, but given the option... who would use the hub world? You would have to provide the player reasons to run around in the city, in direct contrast to efficiently pressing a few buttons. Too divisive. The city should be a huge draw to the Xenoverse brand.

I love the idea of having an overworld to explore, but it should be designed with convenience in mind. I can imagine a fast travel option working well; directly after booting up the game and selecting your character, similar to A Link To The Past on the SNES. Returning to the "starting point" after finishing a PQ should not happen. I don't care if they updated it later in XV so that you start at the main lobby instead of the spawning all the way back at the timegatehub-whatever - following your mission completion, you should have access to the same menu you had prior to launching your PQ or online battle or mini-game(??) etcetera, etcetera. If the game is built around replaying missions and grinding, then it should feel as painless as possible for the player. Too much time was spent on holding the left stick forward and letting out one long exasperated sigh before I could confirm a button press to open up the same menu I was just on not five minutes ago.

...while we're all on the topic of things we'd like to see, I'll just dump my bag of two cents:
- Garlic Jr. would be an excellent training dummy :lol: Big or small!
- Base form Teen Gohan, Gotenks, Gogeta and Broly. ...though, I'd only hold my breath for Gohan.
- A different model rendered for Goku Black than Goku/Tullece. Now that I think about it, was Burdock a new model or a skin swap...?
- Freeza's second and third transformations. Might as well toss in his Cyborg version too? I thought his armorless(ish) first form was a nice addition in XV.
- Namekian clan types and Super Namekians would be fantastic redebuts! ...but I'm well aware that the former will not happen.
- Character customization getting added depth. More faces, more hair, more boobsproportion options. I love me some sliders. "Kid" or "old" body types would be a welcome addition too.
- Interchangeable moves for existing characters, so costumes would JUST be costumes this time around... just like Bootykai :roll: (if they really want SaiyanArc!Goku (w/Kaio's gi) to be weaker than FreezaArc!Goku, just set his stats accordingly in the story mode and PQs)
- Custom ki aura colors! C'monnnnnnn

Most of that stuff is unlikely, really. I know the game is almost done at this point and pretty much everything I've said is just me shouting into the void for stuff I'd prefer, but it's fun to articulate my desires. Despite it's NUMEROUS problems, I really loved Xenoverse and my hype for Xenoverse 2 is still raging.

I really didn't expect Time Breaker Burdock to return. Where Naraka at?
Gogegito wrote:Gotenks said "I cant let him fight just like that, please trunks help me, he's my brother" And trunks also had undesrstanding eyes.
Ajay wrote:It's probably savagely lit. I dunno.
Steam ID: Lunaar
★頭カラッポの方が 夢詰め込める★

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:32 pm

http://www.game.co.uk/en/m/dragonball-x ... _category=

Hi guys, so thanks to you lot I get the difference between the different versions of the game.

However, in England using Game (prolly the most major gaming retail outlet here) to preorder they claim you get an EXCLUSIVE to game character from “Super”

So what's going on here?

1. They are lying and taking credit for a character you'd get oreordering from anywhere.
2. INSTEAD of Black Goku you get someone else.
3. AS WELL AS Black Goku you get someone else.
4. Unlike America only GAME preorders have GB, everyone else just gets the pillar or nothing or whatever.

What do you think? I might try DMing game on twitter...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shin » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:49 pm

TobyS wrote:http://www.game.co.uk/en/m/dragonball-x ... _category=

Hi guys, so thanks to you lot I get the difference between the different versions of the game.

However, in England using Game (prolly the most major gaming retail outlet here) to preorder they claim you get an EXCLUSIVE to game character from “Super”

So what's going on here?

1. They are lying and taking credit for a character you'd get oreordering from anywhere.
2. INSTEAD of Black Goku you get someone else.
3. AS WELL AS Black Goku you get someone else.
4. Unlike America only GAME preorders have GB, everyone else just gets the pillar or nothing or whatever.

What do you think? I might try DMing game on twitter...
You're getting Gokuu Black.
Dragon Ball /Z/GT/Super is a children's show and there's nothing wrong with that.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:51 pm

Are we going to get a new trailer this week or is that just a rumor ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:59 pm

sintzu wrote:Are we going to get a new trailer this week or is that just a rumor ?
Not sure where, but I'm fairly certain it was confirmed.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:02 pm

sintzu wrote:Are we going to get a new trailer this week or is that just a rumor ?
I'm pretty sure it was confirmed in a tweet, though I don't remember who the tweet was from.
edit: https://twitter.com/dbgame_official/sta ... 2747489280

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:12 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Not sure where, but I'm fairly certain it was confirmed.
Kanassa wrote: I'm pretty sure it was confirmed in a tweet, though I don't remember who the tweet was from.
I think I 1st read about it on Thursday so hopefully we'll get it tomorrow or the day after.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:36 pm

sintzu wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:Not sure where, but I'm fairly certain it was confirmed.
Kanassa wrote: I'm pretty sure it was confirmed in a tweet, though I don't remember who the tweet was from.
I think I 1st read about it on Thursday so hopefully we'll get it tomorrow or the day after.
They'll probably release it at the latest possiable date :D

Kanassa wrote:

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:36 pm

Spenzer wrote:You can see a Majin wearing Pikkon's clothes and another Majin wearing Trunk's sleeveless jacket from the Bojack movie in the new Majin mission pic.

I just realized how much I want Pikkon as playable.
Hopefully hes in hes one of my favourites and is nornally lumped in with gogeta and janemba when they get put in the game. Great to see his costume in, you can probs name a namek that looks close enough to his design now i tried in xenoverse 1 and got close.

Looks like all the dlc outfits from the first game are coming back, theres popo and pans clothes. Can see uubs as well.

My question is are these actually mini games or just another fight mission with some extra dialogue on it. I hope for the former. And will all races be able to power up their clothes? You would hope so.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:52 pm

I, for one, hope we can make shorter characters. I tried to remake Pan, and she was too tall, not to mention the clothes didn't look quite right.

And I'm much more concerned with clothing stats than RNG. Much more.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:03 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:I, for one, hope we can make shorter characters. I tried to remake Pan, and she was too tall, not to mention the clothes didn't look quite right.

Same.
But to not post just "same": I wanted to recreate the girls from EoZ, but it just wasn't possible, so I ended up creating a sort of "Xeno Bulla" instead.
imagine them adding that to Dragon Ball Heroes out of nowhere
When I play Xenoverse, I'm not noticing the horrible RNG all that much. I can easily see the problem when you're trying to get a randomly dropped item from a randomly activated Ultimate Finish in a very long Parallel Quest, though. The clothing stats, however, really hinder me when I want to play dress-up, and that's kinda often.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:08 pm

Exactly my thoughts. "Eternal Rivals" would be a very fun Parallel Quest... but then you have the horribad RNG which destroys the fun of the PQ. One user who will remain unnamed unless they show up spent a long time gathering the Supers and Ultimates and let out a huge sigh of relief when they finally got Warp Kamehameha (the only other one left was from the Dragon Balls).

So, there's my RNG steam. :P
MyAnimeList | AniList

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:37 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:I, for one, hope we can make shorter characters. I tried to remake Pan, and she was too tall, not to mention the clothes didn't look quite right.

I just made Teen Pan...

Kanassa wrote:

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:42 pm

Kanassa wrote:I just made Teen Pan...
Eh, not as good as making GT Pan. Also forgot to mention that the eyes and voice are always off.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:49 pm

World Tournament Announcer in [i]Raging Blast[/i] wrote:OHH, NICE!
Wondering if x10 Kamehameha will be an Ultimate this time, like it should be.
MyAnimeList | AniList