Toyotaro wins against Toei when it comes to Future Trunks' SSj2
Toyotaro wins against Toei when it comes to Future Trunks' SSj2
Toei not only made Trunks' SSj hair different than established after he got to FPSSj, but also went full retard in making his hair way too long for Grade 3. His SSj2 hair looks like shit in the anime too, at least they had the courtesy to add sparks.
Toyotaro on the other hand, handled this perfectly. Not only is Future Trunks' SSj hair just the way it was in the original manga after the Cell Games, he also came up with something to differentiate SSj2 from SSj for Trunks - his SSj2 form lacks the two thin bangs of hair that Trunks normally has.
Apart from the rather stupid weakness he gave to SSj Blue, Toyotaro's take on things really does seem to beat out the anime's most of the time.
Toyotaro on the other hand, handled this perfectly. Not only is Future Trunks' SSj hair just the way it was in the original manga after the Cell Games, he also came up with something to differentiate SSj2 from SSj for Trunks - his SSj2 form lacks the two thin bangs of hair that Trunks normally has.
Apart from the rather stupid weakness he gave to SSj Blue, Toyotaro's take on things really does seem to beat out the anime's most of the time.
- Sonicjamareiz
- Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
- Posts: 311
- Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:01 pm
- Location: In your mom ;)
Re: Toyotaro wins against Toei when it comes to Future Trunks' SSj2
Did this absolutely need to be a whole thread. [spoiler]viewtopic.php?f=25&t=30467&start=8040[/spoiler]
Btw theres probably no Toriyama art sheet on how ssj2 Trunks would look like. It all comes down to experience Toyotaro has drawn fan mangas mimicing Toriyama's style while the animators at Toei are mostly new.
Btw theres probably no Toriyama art sheet on how ssj2 Trunks would look like. It all comes down to experience Toyotaro has drawn fan mangas mimicing Toriyama's style while the animators at Toei are mostly new.
Last edited by Sonicjamareiz on Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Purple Cum Monster Vegeta arc 
Re: Toyotaro wins against Toei when it comes to Future Trunks' SSj2
Toei was messing up how Super Saiyan 2 looks even back in the day when they had Toriyama's manga to work off of. The best example I can think of is when Vegeta powers up to fight Kid Boo, if you didn't read the manga, good luck figuring out if he's Super Saiyan 1 or 2 just by looking at Z.Sonicjamareiz wrote:Did this absolutely need to be a whole thread. [spoiler]http://www.kanzenshuu.com/fourum/viewto ... start=8040[/spoiler]
Btw theres probably no Toriyama art sheet on how ssj2 Trunks would look like. It all comes down to experience Toyotaro has drawn fan mangas mimicing Toriyama's style while the animators at toei are mostly new.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.
How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):
How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):
Spoiler:
- Neo-Makaiōshin
- I Live Here
- Posts: 2520
- Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:31 pm
- Location: Argentina
- Contact:
Re: Toyotaro wins against Toei when it comes to Future Trunks' SSj2
Outside of having lighting sparks the hair looks exactly the same.ekrolo2 wrote: Toei was messing up how Super Saiyan 2 looks even back in the day when they had Toriyama's manga to work off of. The best example I can think of is when Vegeta powers up to fight Kid Boo, if you didn't read the manga, good luck figuring out if he's Super Saiyan 1 or 2 just by looking at Z.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.
- Lord Beerus
- Namekian Warrior
- Posts: 21434
- Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
- Location: A temple on a giant tree
- Contact:
Re: Toyotaro wins against Toei when it comes to Future Trunks' SSj2
I don't think I've ever seen a moment in the anime where SSJ2 Gohan looked like this:Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:Outside of having lighting sparks the hair looks exactly the same.ekrolo2 wrote: Toei was messing up how Super Saiyan 2 looks even back in the day when they had Toriyama's manga to work off of. The best example I can think of is when Vegeta powers up to fight Kid Boo, if you didn't read the manga, good luck figuring out if he's Super Saiyan 1 or 2 just by looking at Z.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]or this:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]Spoiler:
Re: Toyotaro wins against Toei when it comes to Future Trunks' SSj2
I think they even messed Gohans lightning up as early as that too. I distinctly remember a lack of lightning in the part where Cell realizes he's afraid of him and Gohans staring him down.Lord Beerus wrote:I don't think I've ever seen a moment in the anime where SSJ2 Gohan looked like this:Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:Outside of having lighting sparks the hair looks exactly the same.ekrolo2 wrote: Toei was messing up how Super Saiyan 2 looks even back in the day when they had Toriyama's manga to work off of. The best example I can think of is when Vegeta powers up to fight Kid Boo, if you didn't read the manga, good luck figuring out if he's Super Saiyan 1 or 2 just by looking at Z.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
or this:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.
How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):
How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):
Spoiler:
- Lord Beerus
- Namekian Warrior
- Posts: 21434
- Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
- Location: A temple on a giant tree
- Contact:
Re: Toyotaro wins against Toei when it comes to Future Trunks' SSj2
Ironically, despite everyone's varying opinions on Super's animation, the lighting aura for SSJ2's is something that they got perfectly right. I always much preferred the suspended thick lighting bolts as supposed the crackling static electricity that was in the original Z anime and movies.ekrolo2 wrote:I think they even messed Gohans lightning up as early as that too. I distinctly remember a lack of lightning in the part where Cell realizes he's afraid of him and Gohans staring him down.Lord Beerus wrote:I don't think I've ever seen a moment in the anime where SSJ2 Gohan looked like this:Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Outside of having lighting sparks the hair looks exactly the same.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
or this:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Spoiler:
Re: Toyotaro wins against Toei when it comes to Future Trunks' SSj2
Personally I'll take any lightning they can animate so long as I can tell what Trunks' main form is supposed to beLord Beerus wrote:Ironically, despite everyone's varying opinions on Super's animation, the lighting aura for SSJ2's is something that they got perfectly right. I always much preferred the suspended thick lighting bolts as supposed the crackling static electricity that was in the original Z anime and movies.
When he first used SS2 his hair looks exactly the same which struck me as bizarre since they purposefully changed his hair to resemble his original SS hairdo so its not like they didn't make it possible to create a bigger visual difference.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.
How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):
How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):
Spoiler:

