Is Super Saiyan Blue stronger than Super Saiyan God?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Re: Is Super Saiyan Blue stronger than Super Saiyan God?

Post by Nejishiki » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:31 pm

Nothing suggested he didn't know. I notice that reasoning is getting tacked on often without the text to support it. The narrative's stance on the subject never implies he's ignorant about it. He was stronger than Hit by his accurate read. His loss was not from a strength difference. Anyway, it's only an "issue" if he drops the form on-and-off consecutively. Super Saiyan Blue works fine otherwise. I already addressed that he likely doesn't know Super Saiyan God because he never used the ritual to achieve it. The method for Super Saiyan God and Super Saiyan Blue are fundamentally different. Both Saiyans made the power into their own because it was better to. The assisted transformation is not their go-to for power. It was used by Goku in very specific circumstances: Combating Time-Skip and overcoming Future Trunks quickly. It served no purpose otherwise, with its former usage being applied intermediary. Goku says as much when he exclaims he'll use Super Saiyan Blue to unleash his full power.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:03 pm

Nejishiki wrote:Nothing suggested he didn't know. I notice that reasoning is getting tacked on often without the text to support it. The narrative's stance on the subject never implies he's ignorant about it. He was stronger than Hit by his accurate read. His loss was not from a strength difference. Anyway, it's only an "issue" if he drops the form on-and-off consecutively. Super Saiyan Blue works fine otherwise. I already addressed that he likely doesn't know Super Saiyan God because he never used the ritual to achieve it. The method for Super Saiyan God and Super Saiyan Blue are fundamentally different. Both Saiyans made the power into their own because it was better to. The assisted transformation is not their go-to for power. It was used by Goku in very specific circumstances: Combating Time-Skip and overcoming Future Trunks quickly. It served no purpose otherwise, with its former usage being applied intermediary. Goku says as much when he exclaims he'll use Super Saiyan Blue to unleash his full power.
It still doesn't make sense why they drop out of the form and risk losing 90% of their power when they need it, they had 3 years in the RoSAT, why not master SSBlue like FPSSJ so they never have to go back to base?

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:26 pm

1) SSG did not put him on the level of Beerus. Regardless of what you feel the actual numbers are in power relationship between them it's quite obvious Beerus was holding back a great portion of his power in order to have an exciting fight.

2) They made a huge mistake with the shock waves. I'm not sure why they kept it for the Super anime other than to show how powerful Goku had become early on in the series. However the universe can't explode with every punch which is why you don't see it as SSB. It seems like something that was there for visual appeal not a plot point.

3) Higher forms tend to drain power more quickly in DB...much like Super Saiyan 3. It's just a plot point to prevent characters from going in and out of transformations all the time and adds some additional writing points on occasion.

4) Goku says it's the power of a Super Saiyan God gone Super Saiyan. People have trouble with this line for some reason...it's extremely simple actually and means exactly what it says.

SSG looks more powerful because it was made to be flashy and different for a MOVIE. However moving forwards it's been made obvious 10,000x that Blue is stronger. I like SSG better but I dont even see why this is question when the show and manga themselves answer the question.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:52 am

Given that Super Saiyan Blue is simply Super Saiyan, it's already mastered. I feel as if you're associating alternate logic to the narrative's presentation. They can't co-exist together in this instance. As far as the story is concerned, there wasn't a "risk" considering the known information. Vegeta thought that it didn't matter and it technically shouldn't have. In hindsight, it did because Hit had a stronger Time-Skip to use. At that point, you're expecting characters to be omniscient. When read in context, nothing is suggesting incompetence by Vegeta. If anything, I see overconfidence, which isn't exactly a character sin. The match between the two granted Vegeta the power advantage, so it was reasonable that he didn't "need" a full Super Saiyan Blue. However you pick his mind apart, he was stronger than the existing Hit he faced. His loss was to Time-Skip combinations. It's an important detail that Goku had to figure out what Hit was doing or he'd lose the same way, regardless of his strength. That element started to play a factor when Goku knew how to counter Time-Skip, not before.

Mazingerdestro
Regular

Post by Mazingerdestro » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:13 am

Yes and by that point there is no discussion.
God is 6
Blue is at least a 7.5 with potential to go higher

Nguyenkim

Post by Nguyenkim » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:37 pm

From what we read and watched, Beerus is not the God that always say the truth - he 's more a liar. So we shouldnot believe what he said about SSjG at 75% of his power.. I think Beerus full power is much more higher, as same as Vegito Blue. And it makes sense that SSjB Goku and Vegeta after furture Trunks arc reachs its full-power and also stronger than SSjG.

About F. Trunks new level: i think he's at same or a little lower than SSjB of Goku. Maybe his power when angry is a little higher... The reason he can beat Merged Zamasu are: power boost from people, strange wave of power like Zamasu said, and surely that Zamasu is not an immortal god anymore so he's got weaker and weaker after series hits from full power Kamehameha of Goku and Vegito blue few minutes be4 that moment!! :D