Tenshinhan an alien?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FunkmastaZeph

Tenshinhan an alien?

Post by FunkmastaZeph » Fri May 11, 2007 11:00 pm

Iv'e just heard a rumor of sorts, that in Daizenshuu #7 it mentions that Tenshinhan is an alien. Or of extraterrestial origin.

Is this really true?

Olivier Hague
I Live Here

Re: Tenshinhan an alien?

Post by Olivier Hague » Fri May 11, 2007 11:08 pm

Yup, it does say that he's a descendant of a race of three-eyed aliens.

Bardock the Mexican
Regular

Post by Bardock the Mexican » Fri May 11, 2007 11:08 pm

No. It's more likely that he got his third eye and mystical powers through special mystical discipline. In modern mysticsm the third eye is considered to be real and a organ of advanced sight, ability to sense auras, and to see into the spirtual realm. All of these are brought on by meditation and the concentration on one's pineal gland. So he isn't an alien. Just a human who has obtained mystical powers.
Ejercito Zapatista de Liberacion Nacional: Es nuestra palabra sencilla...

Olivier Hague
I Live Here

Post by Olivier Hague » Fri May 11, 2007 11:14 pm

Bardock the Mexican wrote:No.
Yes, the seventh Daizenshû does say that. That was the question.
It's more likely that he got his third eye and mystical powers through special mystical discipline. In modern mysticsm the third eye is considered to be real and a organ of advanced sight, ability to sense auras, and to see into the spirtual realm. All of these are brought on by meditation and the concentration on one's pineal gland. So he isn't an alien. Just a human who has obtained mystical powers.
Sorry, but... What kind of demonstration is that? Where did you prove that he wasn't an alien, exactly?

The character "Son Gokû" comes from "the Journey to the West". In "the Journey to the West", Son Gokû is a monkey. So Son Gokû isn't an alien. He's just a monkey.

FunkmastaZeph

Post by FunkmastaZeph » Fri May 11, 2007 11:18 pm

Thank you.
I'm just trying to confirm one of several claims in this terrifying blog.
http://tenshinhanpowerlevels.blogspot.c ... chive.html

Olivier Hague
I Live Here

Post by Olivier Hague » Fri May 11, 2007 11:21 pm

Oh, my eyes!

EDIT: The Daizenshû don't list any power levels beyond the Freeza arc, unless I'm mistaken. And yet, here they are, on that page... What a load of BS.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Fri May 11, 2007 11:46 pm

FunkmastaZeph wrote:Thank you.
I'm just trying to confirm one of several claims in this terrifying blog.
http://tenshinhanpowerlevels.blogspot.c ... chive.html

*cries* ............... *cries more*

I didn't look at all of that but... I'd take anything you find there as under suspiscion until verified elsewhere. :x I mean...
That site's Android Saga Powerlevels wrote: # Tenshinhan:600.000
# Tenshinhan(com/with x4 kaioh ken):2.400.000
# Tenshinhan (com /with x10 kaioh ken):6.000.000
# Tenshinhan(com/with x 20 kaioh ken):12.000.000
*weeps*

And in the Buu Saga they've got his BASE at frigging 750,000,000!

Dear god... when will it stop? When will it stop! *runs away crying*
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

SaiyaMel
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyaMel » Sat May 12, 2007 12:25 am

Yes, the seventh Daizenshû does say that.
If that isn't Mr Toriyama's words, it doesn't mean crap to me then.. i have long considered him human and still do.
Just Saiyan...

Olivier Hague
I Live Here

Post by Olivier Hague » Sat May 12, 2007 1:42 am

SaiyaMel wrote:If that isn't Mr Toriyama's words, it doesn't mean crap to me then..
They're not his words, technically, since he didn't actually write the Daizenshû. But I'd think the information does come from him, and that's all that matters, the way I see it.
Besides, Toriyama didn't actually make the anime either, if you go there, and some people still take it pretty seriously. :þ
SaiyaMel wrote:i have long considered him human and still do.
Well, one way or the other, its not like it makes any real difference... The series is over. ^^;

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Sat May 12, 2007 2:31 am

Regardless of what the Daizenshuu says, Tien is a Human. This is hinted at many times throughout the series. Such as the fact that everyone is like...

"ZOMGz, Goku and Piccolo are the alien-ness"

Considering they live on a planet with a Dog ruling the world, a 3'rd eye isn't so weird.

Also during the Goku/Piccolo fight in the 23'rd Budokai, Piccolo states the following:

"FOOL!! Why protect these worthless humans?"

Tien is classified in that group, as a human. Since this is never actually contacidcted. The line upholds and remains fact.
They're not his words, technically, since he didn't actually write the Daizenshû. But I'd think the information does come from him, and that's all that matters, the way I see it.
Not true, I'd never take a word from the Daizenshuu seriously that's not in the Manga. Esspecially when the Daizenshuu is known to directly contradict the Manga.
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
*Dodges rocks*

Olivier Hague
I Live Here

Post by Olivier Hague » Sat May 12, 2007 2:41 am

Lavender Saiyan wrote:Regardless of what the Daizenshuu says, Tenshinhan is a Human. This is hinted at many times throughout the series.
First, I would like to point out that Earthlings and human beings are two different things. You can be an Earthling without being a human being (the World King, for example), and you can be a human being without being an Earthling (I seem to remember the Saiyans are referred to as "ningen" / "human beings", for example).

Then, I seem to remember the Daizenshû merely stated that Tenshinhan descended from extra-terrestrials. Now, that could mean many things.

Finally, we don't even know if Tenshinhan (or anybody else in the series, for that matter) is aware of all that. If nobody knows about Tenshinhan's extra-terrestrial ancestry, you can't exactly expect the series to hint at him being anything other than an Earthling.
Considering they live on a planet with a Dog ruling the world, a 3'rd eye isn't so weird.
True, but you could say the same thing about Gokû's tail...
Not true, I'd never take a word from the Daizenshuu seriously that's not in the Manga.
Well, that's you. I would.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sat May 12, 2007 7:21 am

Lavender Saiyan wrote:
Not true, I'd never take a word from the Daizenshuu seriously that's not in the Manga. Esspecially when the Daizenshuu is known to directly contradict the Manga.
Even if he didn't write them, they were made with his approval. That's good enough for me.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sat May 12, 2007 10:33 am

Jerseymilk wrote:Even if he didn't write them, they were made with his approval. That's good enough for me.
*cough*cough*GT*cough*

The daizenshuu says he's an alien, but that's quite 'strange' considering how Toriyama writes. Toriyama makes it clear when someone is non-human, even if that character wasn't originally intended to be an alien. Look at Goku and Piccolo. Both were introduced as non-aliens, but as Toriyama changed the story, they became aliens.

So Ten could be an alien, but there's nothing in the series proper to support that, and such a statement is very unlike Toriyama's writing style.

Pieter
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pieter » Sat May 12, 2007 10:47 am

Jerseymilk wrote:
Lavender Saiyan wrote:
Even if he didn't write them, they were made with his approval. That's good enough for me.
The dub was also made with his approval. What's the difference?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1oUa0XZ7X8]Take Pride![/url]

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sat May 12, 2007 11:02 am

Thats odd. In Daizenshuu #4 they have him listed under "Earthlings". I always thought he was an Earthling. This isnt the same Earth we live on...

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Sat May 12, 2007 11:25 am

*Sigh* you guys know nothing...

Tenshinhan is afro american, but albino with black lenses. He draws a new eye every millisecond on his forhead and we don't notice because of that he is so fast.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sat May 12, 2007 11:54 am

Pieter wrote:
Jerseymilk wrote:
Lavender Saiyan wrote: Not true, I'd never take a word from the Daizenshuu seriously that's not in the Manga. Esspecially when the Daizenshuu is known to directly contradict the Manga.
The dub was also made with his approval. What's the difference?
Uh ya....that's not even an accurate comparison.:? The Daizenshuu were made to be companion guide books to the series. Toriyama himself makes a foreword at the beginning of them, praising the job the staff did at sorting out his work. I don't seem to recall Toriyama doing that with Funi's dub.

As for Desire's point about GT, hey, that's good enough for me too.*shrug* Just as the entirety of the anime version is, which he's always stated he was pleased with and even worked with the animators sometimes. I may not personally like GT, but Toriyama does. That's just tough for me isn't it?

Really when it comes down to it, it's *his* work. He can leave unanswered questions and change up as much as he wants. Honestly, some people here are starting to sound as bad as "otakukin". *shudders*>>
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Olivier Hague
I Live Here

Post by Olivier Hague » Sat May 12, 2007 11:57 am

desirecampbell wrote:So Ten could be an alien, but there's nothing in the series proper to support that, and such a statement is very unlike Toriyama's writing style.
Saying that it's "very unlike Toriyama's writing style" is quite presumptuous, I hope you realize that...

Bardock the Mexican
Regular

Post by Bardock the Mexican » Sat May 12, 2007 12:58 pm

I have never read or seen the Daizenshuu. I don't like the idea that Tenshinhan is an alien. The third eyeball is very well known as being a feature of not only Buddhism and Hinduism (who paint a dot to represent it on their foreheads) which explains how Toriyama might have known it. There is the other explanation that Tenshinhan is based off the Chinese god of a similar appearance.
Ejercito Zapatista de Liberacion Nacional: Es nuestra palabra sencilla...

Mr.Piccolo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Sat May 12, 2007 1:53 pm

Keeping power levels aside there was a huge, thread-thing about Tien being an alien, that or him and Krillin being of extraterrestrial decent. You should find it if you use the search option. You'll get answers upon answers upon answers there...I think he's human more specifically an earthing (broad term) but I heard he was from "a three-eyed tribe". My word is law so take thats the answer..[/joke..?]
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]