What's the best anime u watched and how it compares to DBZ?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SaiyanZ
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: What's the best anime u watched and how it compares to DBZ?

Post by SaiyanZ » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:56 am

sintzu wrote:They were all henchmen while the villains Sasuke took out were all main ones.

Sasuke also wasn't on the heroes' side but that didn't stop Kishimoto from giving him his own adventure.

Asuma's fight lead to Shikamaru developing and taking out a main villain.

Gohan's fight with Cell was supposed to lead to him being the main character but it didn't because Toriyama didn't want to let go of Goku.

Gotenks' fight didn't lead to anything at all.
I can see what you mean with the length of the character arc, but then again, not many series besides Naruto do that now that I think about it.

If you mean Hidan, he isn't really a main villain, that's Pain and Tobi.

Why would you hold it not leading to anything against it in terms of spotlight though? I don't think future repercussions should mean anything here.
Tim Duncan is dope and forever.

My favorite anime and manga (characters included): https://myanimelist.net/profile/SaiyanZ?q=SaiyanZ

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:19 am

SaiyanZ wrote:I don't think future repercussions should mean anything here.
It does because it makes everything seem like it was for nothing.

Gohan was being developed to take over from Goku and right when it's time to happen Toriyama stepped back and went back to Goku, making the whole thing be for nothing.

That would be like Kishimoto deciding at the last minute to not let Sasuke fight Itashi which would've made all the build up and development be for nothing like with Gohan's.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:27 am

SaiyanZ wrote: Yusuke vs Doctor
It was episode #74. A Shinbo-Wakabayashi episode and it was exceptional. The color scheme used, the way the scene was framed, composited and animated was all brilliant.

Shuby
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shuby » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:44 am

Saikyo no Senshi wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but I consider Yuu Yuu Hakusho, the anime I think that's what the OP's question was in the first place, a better product than Dragon Ball. An anime is not only about writing. But, still I'll address it.

Yuu Yuu Hakusho is a simple, standard battle shounen story like Dragon Ball. The 4 major players Yusuke, Hiei, Kurama and Kuwabara are fairly balanced well and share an interesting dynamic which I don't see with any Dragon Ball character. Toguro, voiced by Genda Tesshou and Sensui, voiced by Naya Rokurou are two effective and interesting villains with motivations and as far as I am concerned they beat the shit out of all Dragon Ball villains with ease.

As for battle powers and asspulls, yes Yuu Yuu Hakusho has asspulls but I don't give two fucks about it. I think 9 out of 10 battle shounen suffer from it and it needs to be overlooked if you want to enjoy it. At least, I do. Power ups out-of-nowhere is kind of impossible to avoid, especially since the author is writing/drawing on a weekly basis. So, it's perfectly understandable and not something to get mad about.

Moving on to the most important part, which is more important than writing and that is storytelling. There's absolutely no contest here. Yuu Yuu Hakusho wins. The anime even managed to save the awful final story arc. If not entirely, at least a little bit through fleshed out battles and carefully placed dialogue scenes. The Dark Tournament and Chapter Black story arcs were already interesting script wise and the anime staff made it even more interesting through great animation and precise direction.
Shinbo Akiyuki(director and storyboard artist)and Wakabayashi Atsushi(animation director, key animator) combo episodes is better than any Dragon Ball episode. Some of the fantastic work they did were episodes #30, #35, #41, #45, #47, #52, #58, #66, #74, #82. You can't not notice the animation and direction in it and how they impact the story through the sheer creativity and skill they possess. Then, there's Nishio Tetsuya, another great animator who was given some of the crucial moments to handle and he executed it beautifully.

Yuu Yuu Hakusho is as simple as Dragon Ball, but it's well-balanced main cast of characters, brilliant acting(Japanese cast), strong animation and direction for the most part makes it a better anime than Dragon Ball.
This should be objectively true.

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:16 am

One Piece, no doubt about it. It is much better than Dragon Ball in both anime and manga form, it knows how to utilize it's large amount of characters and make them all relevant and useful and the worldbuilding and story is great and well thought out as well as emotional. I could never get into Naruto, it's a little too forced and just meh.
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

Shuby
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shuby » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:09 am

SaiyanZ wrote:
Saikyo no Senshi wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but I consider Yuu Yuu Hakusho, the anime I think that's what the OP's question was in the first place, a better product than Dragon Ball. An anime is not only about writing. But, still I'll address it.

Yuu Yuu Hakusho is a simple, standard battle shounen story like Dragon Ball. The 4 major players Yusuke, Hiei, Kurama and Kuwabara are fairly balanced well and share an interesting dynamic which I don't see with any Dragon Ball character. Toguro, voiced by Genda Tesshou and Sensui, voiced by Naya Rokurou are two effective and interesting villains with motivations and as far as I am concerned they beat the shit out of all Dragon Ball villains with ease.

As for battle powers and asspulls, yes Yuu Yuu Hakusho has asspulls but I don't give two fucks about it. I think 9 out of 10 battle shounen suffer from it and it needs to be overlooked if you want to enjoy it. At least, I do. Power ups out-of-nowhere is kind of impossible to avoid, especially since the author is writing/drawing on a weekly basis. So, it's perfectly understandable and not something to get mad about.

Moving on to the most important part, which is more important than writing and that is storytelling. There's absolutely no contest here. Yuu Yuu Hakusho wins. The anime even managed to save the awful final story arc. If not entirely, at least a little bit through fleshed out battles and carefully placed dialogue scenes. The Dark Tournament and Chapter Black story arcs were already interesting script wise and the anime staff made it even more interesting through great animation and precise direction.
Shinbo Akiyuki(director and storyboard artist)and Wakabayashi Atsushi(animation director, key animator) combo episodes is better than any Dragon Ball episode. Some of the fantastic work they did were episodes #30, #35, #41, #45, #47, #52, #58, #66, #74, #82. You can't not notice the animation and direction in it and how they impact the story through the sheer creativity and skill they possess. Then, there's Nishio Tetsuya, another great animator who was given some of the crucial moments to handle and he executed it beautifully.

Yuu Yuu Hakusho is as simple as Dragon Ball, but it's well-balanced main cast of characters, brilliant acting(Japanese cast), strong animation and direction for the most part makes it a better anime than Dragon Ball.
I think when you compare them as manga, Dragon Ball is better written, but I can definitely see why one (and I may even agree) would think it is better written when compared as anime. I for the most part agree with the directing and storyboarding points, I remember Yusuke vs Doctor being exceptional in that regard. Yomi vs Shura as well.
Shuby wrote:Lol the nostalgia goggles are hot here, rating dbz higher thenHXH? Ok... or saying dbz is better then yyh? yeah right, both this series had at least the whole cast doing something, charactere were greatly written, you can't particularly say that about dragon ball where 90% of the cast are just there to fill out the screentime... hey remember Goten? Sensui is definitely not a overhyped villain. He is a well layered villain driven by strong motivation or reasons, can't say that about Freeza or Cell or especially Buu can you? I am just sorry but in my book having a complex story automatically rules out a simple gaggy type of story. Anyone who is critical of this series , you guys are definitely going to like mr joy show's review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0ffdeJ77Bo&t=133s
Everyone in the series did something, even fodder like Yamcha and Chaozu. YYH also commits some of the same sins that DBZ does, like writing Kuwabara out of the final arc or Genkai becoming useless like Roshi did. Comparing a cast of 4 people to like 10+ isn't very fair. Freeza or Cell or Buu aren't as layered as Toguro or Sensui or Meruem, but that doesn't make them worse, all 3 of their goals are all classic DB villain goals: Toguro wants the ultimate fight just like Cell, Sensui seeks to kill all humanity a la Zamasu and nearly every other DB villain, and Meruem wants to be King and subjugate humanity a la King Piccolo. Chrollo is definitely not as good as any of the aforementioned villains, though I expect that to change because Togashi is awesome. Of course as we find out about Toguro, he just wants to be proven wrong, that his choice to lose humanity was wrong. And with Sensui, he wants to be reborn as a demon, but the point still stands that for most of the screentime they have, they're very similar to DB villains.
sintzu wrote:This is true but you also have a lot of bland plain places like Namek that's the same background from start to nearly finish while in One Piece everything is always changing and there's a lot going on in each location.

You don't have to like them but you have to admit that giving another character the full spotlight like Sasuke is a good idea.
That may be the case, but I think those airy, open spaces are indicative of the kind of landscapes we see in Dragon Ball, in a sense it defines it: Penguin Village's fields, the rocks and mountains where Goku and Vegeta fight, the Namekian landscape...I'd like to think its all intentional.

See, I never understood this because I think after Freeza, everyone gets spotlight with the exception of maybe Puar and Chaozu: Yamcha is always talking when taking care of Goku or driving the plane carrying him or when he's at Kame House, Krillin has the detonator, Piccolo, Trunks, Vegeta & Gohan are all fighting and main focuses of the arc against the main villain, Tien has his Cell moment...it's one of the things I've always never got, but I can see why people feel differently now with Super.
How is dragon ball better written? In which aspect? Because i don't see it, character , plot and overal tone is much more complex and has depth to it in Yu Yu Hakusho, we know why Hiei does the things he does, similarly Kurama. For nostalgia sake most will pick Dragonball z but if you judge both objectively yu yu hakusho wins hands down. Dragonball z was so straight forward and one dimensional. YYH had unique characters, good character development and a story line that created a complex vast universe. But the big difference between the 2 series are the antagonist. In DBZ can you feel compassion, empathy or emotional attachment for the antagonist ? Freeza, cell and kid buu were all depicted as pure evil that wanted nothing more than to destroy/control the universe. In Yyh toguro and sensui had explanations for why they were doing the things they did, this sets them apart from dbz villains i don't care if you find some similarties between them, this is objectively true. When Yusuke beat them you felt a little empty. I really wish these antagonist came back as good guys. When dbz antagonist's died i didn't feel any emotional attachment I was like good that bitch needed to die. Story wise and character development wise Yyh stomps....... uuuhhm Kuwabara was only left out in the last arc so the "sins are way less severe", throughout the whole show, Kuwabara was constantly evovling and did something to move the plot further, unlike Roshi who was rendered useless throughout Z, also characters like Yamcha and Chaozu did something in the saiyan arc after that... completely useless like Goten is now and to a large extent Trunks.

I guess the difference between me and you is that you are probably a fanboy and i am a fan of dragon Ball
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAcpsLspHik&t=4s

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:37 am

Bleach<Naruto<HxH<Fairy Tail<Yu Yu Hakusho<Dragon Ball<7DSins<Hataraku Maou Sama<<<<<<<<<<Gintama

Gintama is by far one of the best shonen manga/anime I have encountered, the story, the way it drags your emotion, the fights and backstory of each characters and the gags are right up my ally, for me it is the perfect battle/comedy shonen that Dragon Ball has failed to do, heck even Nanatsu No Taizai has a better story than DB, the mystery surrounding every member of the sins that even up until now has no idea what Meliodas' backstory is tho it is sometimes over on the ecchi side but so was early Dragon Ball with Bulma, and now Hataraku Maou Sama, anime form yes it lacks because of limited eps but when you continue on to the light novel form thats where shiz gets deep.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:26 pm

Shuby wrote:When Yusuke beat them you felt a little empty. I really wish these antagonist came back as good guys.
I think that could've happened if it went on longer.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:54 pm

DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBK/DBS are my #1 favorite anime without a doubt, but thats due to emotion more than the actual quality.

Let's compare it to my faves:

Alps no Shojo Heidi: Literally nothing. Except it's about a child who grows up on a mountain with their Grandfather.Also, neither has gotten a proper release in the US.

Cowboy Bebop: The only thing that pops to mind is that they both take place in a world with both past and futuristic elements.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: (Kai) Both are retellings of an older anime that got a much better dub.

Ranma 1/2: Lots of Chinese inspired Martial Arts with sexual humor.Very reminiscent of earlier DB.
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:03 pm

if we talk about shonen anime Hunter x Hunter definitely, it's pretty much my favorite anime alongside Dragon ball, after that is Jojo, but if we talk about non fighting anime "Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi" and "Parasyte" are the anime that left me so emotionally invested that when they ended, I felt the same or greater void in my heart that GT's ending left me :(
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

SaiyanZ
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyanZ » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:07 pm

Shuby wrote:
How is dragon ball better written? In which aspect? Because i don't see it, character , plot and overal tone is much more complex and has depth to it in Yu Yu Hakusho, we know why Hiei does the things he does, similarly Kurama. For nostalgia sake most will pick Dragonball z but if you judge both objectively yu yu hakusho wins hands down. Dragonball z was so straight forward and one dimensional. YYH had unique characters, good character development and a story line that created a complex vast universe. But the big difference between the 2 series are the antagonist. In DBZ can you feel compassion, empathy or emotional attachment for the antagonist ? Freeza, cell and kid buu were all depicted as pure evil that wanted nothing more than to destroy/control the universe. In Yyh toguro and sensui had explanations for why they were doing the things they did, this sets them apart from dbz villains i don't care if you find some similarties between them, this is objectively true. When Yusuke beat them you felt a little empty. I really wish these antagonist came back as good guys. When dbz antagonist's died i didn't feel any emotional attachment I was like good that bitch needed to die. Story wise and character development wise Yyh stomps....... uuuhhm Kuwabara was only left out in the last arc so the "sins are way less severe", throughout the whole show, Kuwabara was constantly evovling and did something to move the plot further, unlike Roshi who was rendered useless throughout Z, also characters like Yamcha and Chaozu did something in the saiyan arc after that... completely useless like Goten is now and to a large extent Trunks.

I guess the difference between me and you is that you are probably a fanboy and i am a fan of dragon Ball
Being more complex doesn't make something better, that has never been a benchmark for how to judge the quality of something. Uncomplex characters like Mickey Mouse and Mario are some of the best ever made and they have been praised for being included in great stories like Mario & Luigi: Inside Bowser's Story or Kingdom Hearts (before the story had nteenth seqeuls). The same goes for Bugs Bunny or if you want a anime example, Astro Boy. Using Hiei and Kurama as examples for why they do something isn't really an argument as we know the same reasons for every other character in Dragon Ball, Vegeta and Piccolo included. Certain aspects of Dragon Ball were one-dimensional, like generally Freeza as a character, but that doesn't make it bad. You can literally compare almost every single main character from YYH to Dragon Ball: Goku and Yusuke are both non human blood knights who have to learn how to take a life and about their non-human heritage, Vegeta and Hiei are similar, Piccolo and Kurama due to the whole intelligence and dual persona thing (Yoko-Kami), Roshi and Genkai, the villains being similar as I explained earlier, etc. They really aren't that unique, Hunter x Hunter has much more unique characters in comparison to Dragon Ball as we see with Killua or Leorio. Characters in Dragon Ball developed too, Goku went from killing without having a moral compass, to gaining one when training under Kami allowing to him not kill, to regaining it after defeating Freeza...Vegeta learned how to love someone, Piccolo as well...Gohan went from a shy scaredy cat to someone who was more confident....Krillin lost his cheating ways and actually became Goku's friend, etc. These aren't static characters. In fact, Yusuke like Goku has to learn how to deal with killing someone and about his non-human heritage. Also, what is this vast universe you speak of in Yu Yu Hakusho? It's as big as a world like in Gintama, there's hardly anything: you have 2 cities (Sarayashiki City and other one where Genkai's 3 students are from) and Demon World, thats it.

I can agree that this is a difference, that YYH villains are more sympathetic, but why should that make them better? I feel no empathy for someone like the Joker or Kefka from Final Fantasy, that doesn't make them not some of the best villains of all time. Also, like I said, all their goals are typical Dragon Ball villain goals, trying to say that all they wanted to do was destroy/control the universe lessens the meaning of what Sensui or Meruem were trying to do, even Sakyo was trying to do the same by building what Sensui would later want: a portal to Human World so that demons can kill humanity. Kefka and Joker are the same. All 3 of those guys wanted the same thing: the destruction of the world, in various ways. Also, you make no sense with that "sins are way less severe" thing, what does that even mean? He was a character who did the same thing as Gohan: written out to stop fighting because of education, again proving how similar the 2 series are. I am a fanboy of both series but I have enough intelligence to know when someone is wrong, like with that video. Posted a comment on there that got 20+ likes, with no reply, explaining the same thing I am here.
Tim Duncan is dope and forever.

My favorite anime and manga (characters included): https://myanimelist.net/profile/SaiyanZ?q=SaiyanZ

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:25 pm

In the last 5 years.

HxH2011
OPM
SNK
JJBA
Mob Psycho 100.

Togashi and Araki are GodTier mangakas like Tori was in his prime, One is shaping up being as great as them. Isayama changed the landscape of anime and became the greatest thing since One Piece.

DBZ OST is overrated imo, I always preferred Saint Seiyas OST.

rs_chaosmaster
Regular

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:04 pm

[quote="MarCas92"]DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBK/DBS are my #1 favorite anime without a doubt, but thats due to emotion more than the actual quality.

If we remove the abomination of GT from your statement than i totally agree :/

Kamen Rider Revolver

Post by Kamen Rider Revolver » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:31 pm

As I've grown many anime have overtaken Dragonball in terms of my favorites as I've watched more. Just to name off a few off the top of my head.

Hunter x Hunter, Hikaru No go, Monster, Yu Yu Hakusho, Log Horizon, Nana. My tastes have change and unfortunately DB doesn't get me going like it did when I was a kid. It holds a place in my anime heart like many shows did in that time. But I just like other stuff more now. I still watch though. When I was a teenager, Naruto and Bleach were up there for me. I'd say part 1 Naruto is still great, Bleach however, eh.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:24 pm

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, solid 9.5/10 show for me, DBZ would be around 7/10.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Shuby
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shuby » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:38 pm

SaiyanZ wrote:
Shuby wrote:

Being more complex doesn't make something better, that has never been a benchmark for how to judge the quality of something. Uncomplex characters like Mickey Mouse and Mario are some of the best ever made and they have been praised for being included in great stories like Mario & Luigi: Inside Bowser's Story or Kingdom Hearts (before the story had nteenth seqeuls). The same goes for Bugs Bunny or if you want a anime example, Astro Boy. Using Hiei and Kurama as examples for why they do something isn't really an argument as we know the same reasons for every other character in Dragon Ball, Vegeta and Piccolo included. Certain aspects of Dragon Ball were one-dimensional, like generally Freeza as a character, but that doesn't make it bad. You can literally compare almost every single main character from YYH to Dragon Ball: Goku and Yusuke are both non human blood knights who have to learn how to take a life and about their non-human heritage, Vegeta and Hiei are similar, Piccolo and Kurama due to the whole intelligence and dual persona thing (Yoko-Kami), Roshi and Genkai, the villains being similar as I explained earlier, etc. They really aren't that unique, Hunter x Hunter has much more unique characters in comparison to Dragon Ball as we see with Killua or Leorio. Characters in Dragon Ball developed too, Goku went from killing without having a moral compass, to gaining one when training under Kami allowing to him not kill, to regaining it after defeating Freeza...Vegeta learned how to love someone, Piccolo as well...Gohan went from a shy scaredy cat to someone who was more confident....Krillin lost his cheating ways and actually became Goku's friend, etc. These aren't static characters. In fact, Yusuke like Goku has to learn how to deal with killing someone and about his non-human heritage. Also, what is this vast universe you speak of in Yu Yu Hakusho? It's as big as a world like in Gintama, there's hardly anything: you have 2 cities (Sarayashiki City and other one where Genkai's 3 students are from) and Demon World, thats it.

I can agree that this is a difference, that YYH villains are more sympathetic, but why should that make them better? I feel no empathy for someone like the Joker or Kefka from Final Fantasy, that doesn't make them not some of the best villains of all time. Also, like I said, all their goals are typical Dragon Ball villain goals, trying to say that all they wanted to do was destroy/control the universe lessens the meaning of what Sensui or Meruem were trying to do, even Sakyo was trying to do the same by building what Sensui would later want: a portal to Human World so that demons can kill humanity. Kefka and Joker are the same. All 3 of those guys wanted the same thing: the destruction of the world, in various ways. Also, you make no sense with that "sins are way less severe" thing, what does that even mean? He was a character who did the same thing as Gohan: written out to stop fighting because of education, again proving how similar the 2 series are. I am a fanboy of both series but I have enough intelligence to know when someone is wrong, like with that video. Posted a comment on there that got 20+ likes, with no reply, explaining the same thing I am here.
2 reasons having complex story or having a complex character , when it is done right , in Yu Yu Hakusho's case it is, makes it more appealing because it makes people think and engaged to the story or character. Complex stories can be bad and simple stories can also be bad, my personal example is Dragon Ball Super itself, it's simple but from a writing standpoint, it is quite weak. Kuwabara's character has been straightforward, training and getting stronger, he has great perseverance, unlike Gohan who is a roller coaster honestly, he get's strong then get's weak then get's strong again and weak again etc etc. Kuwabara was relevant to the plot 95 % of the time, even if he was weak he at least fought and tried. That's completely different for Gohan(he did fight even when he was weaker but was mostly scarred or did not want to). So saying the series has the same "sins" as Dragon ball Z has is totally bogus. I'm pretty sure if Yu Yu continued Kuwabara would at one point start fighting again. This is the last reply from my side , to me YU Yu Hakusho is a far greater anime then Dragon ball could ever hope to be.

Yu Yu Hakusho > Dragon Ball

Shuby
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shuby » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:42 pm

Shuby wrote:
SaiyanZ wrote:
Shuby wrote:

2 reasons having complex story or having a complex character , when it is done right , in Yu Yu Hakusho's case it is, makes it more appealing because it makes people think and engaged to the story or character. Complex stories can be bad and simple stories can also be bad, my personal example is Dragon Ball Super itself, it's simple but from a writing standpoint, it is quite weak. Kuwabara's character has been straightforward, training and getting stronger, he has great perseverance, unlike Gohan who is a roller coaster honestly, he get's strong then get's weak then get's strong again and weak again etc etc. Kuwabara was relevant to the plot 95 % of the time, even if he was weak he at least fought and tried. That's completely different for Gohan(he did fight even when he was weaker but was mostly scarred or did not want to). So saying the series has the same "sins" as Dragon ball Z has is totally bogus. I'm pretty sure if Yu Yu continued Kuwabara would at one point start fighting again. This is the last reply from my side , to me YU Yu Hakusho is a far greater anime then Dragon ball could ever hope to be. And don't act like a complexity does not add weight to the narrative at all, if that was the case why put the effort to come up with a complex story or character.

Yu Yu Hakusho > Dragon Ball

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:17 pm

I judge an anime based on its rewatchability. Because in the end i only watch anime to be entertained. And if i cant rewatch it again after a few years have passed then its not worth my time.

So for there have only been 2 animes that i can watch over and over and not get bored. Those r DB/DBZ/Super/GT( from time to time) and YYH.

Steins gate i actually rewatched it a few times, even tho it is a mystery, so obviously mystery means it is less exciting the second time. But i still watched and enjoyed. And i also rewatched Hyouka and am planning on rewatching The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya when i got time, even tho i just finished it 2-3 months ago.

So dont take it the wrong way, i dont mean animes i only watch once r bad, they simply arent for me.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:35 pm

sintzu wrote:

Gohan was being developed to take over from Goku and right when it's time to happen Toriyama stepped back and went back to Goku, making the whole thing be for nothing.

That would be like Kishimoto deciding at the last minute to not let Sasuke fight Itashi which would've made all the build up and development be for nothing like with Gohan's.
To be honest id have stopped watching if Gohan took over and many others feel the same way. Noone was going to quit watching if Goku carried on. It was a smart decision on the part of Toriyama business wise.

Anyway it wasnt all for nothing. Gohan got his shining moment in the sun where he was saviour of Earth. If some ofyour first memories are probably of your dad dying to protect you then being put through hell on Namek before fighting Cell you deserve to take a break.

At least with Goku as a kid his early adventures were more or less fun. Let Gohan retire.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Abra kadabra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Abra kadabra » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:41 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
sintzu wrote:

To be honest id have stopped watching if Gohan took over and many others feel the same way. Noone was going to quit watching if Goku carried on. It was a smart decision on the part of Toriyama business wise.

Anyway it wasnt all for nothing. Gohan got his shining moment in the sun where he was saviour of Earth. If some ofyour first memories are probably of your dad dying to protect you then being put through hell on Namek before fighting Cell you deserve to take a break.

At least with Goku as a kid his early adventures were more or less fun. Let Gohan retire.
Toriyama realized that making Gohan the main character would have killed the franchise, so he made the right decision