Dragon Ball: Tournament Saga mistake

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

majinboogc
Not-So-Newbie

Dragon Ball: Tournament Saga mistake

Post by majinboogc » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:08 am

I recently bought the Madman release of the Saga of Goku. Since then I've started to watch the series again this time from the beginning. So I'm now on the first disc of the Tournament Saga. I went to the chapter select and I noticed that the title for the episode Look out for Launch is misspelled. It reads Look our for Launch. I did a search on the forum to see if anyone else had spotted it. It looks like no one has found it yet. I could be wrong.
I am SaiyaKaizoku.

What happened happened and couldn't have happened any other way. - Morpheus (The Matrix Reloaded)

Bardock the Mexican
Regular

Post by Bardock the Mexican » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:58 am

Sadly that isn't a misspelling as far as Funimation is concerned. Up to a certain more enlightened point they used Launch. The joke clearly went over their heads as did the romajization of Ranchi. Toriyama liked food puns and he used them in Dragonball. According to these folks he meant Launch and crack does not cause brain damage.
Ejercito Zapatista de Liberacion Nacional: Es nuestra palabra sencilla...

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:12 am

Bardock the Mexican wrote:Sadly that isn't a misspelling as far as Funimation is concerned. Up to a certain more enlightened point they used Launch. The joke clearly went over their heads as did the romajization of Ranchi. Toriyama liked food puns and he used them in Dragonball. According to these folks he meant Launch and crack does not cause brain damage.
He's not talking about the name. He's talking about the title having "our" instead of "out".
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:50 pm

Meh. Not as bad as 'Cell defeated Cell' :P

majinboogc
Not-So-Newbie

Post by majinboogc » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:59 pm

Yeah, the Movie 9 "Cell defeated Cell" was really bad. Did they ever correct those mistakes?
I am SaiyaKaizoku.

What happened happened and couldn't have happened any other way. - Morpheus (The Matrix Reloaded)

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:10 pm

majinboogc wrote:Yeah, the Movie 9 "Cell defeated Cell" was really bad. Did they ever correct those mistakes?
No reissues have been released. And anywho, I think poor Daimao dies a bit on the inside every time this is brought up. The guy was on a deadline with numerous anime under his eye, be thankful he did such a fantastic job with the series and movies and that that's his only noticeable error.
14 years later

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:45 pm

Conan the SSJ wrote:No reissues have been released. And anywho, I think poor Daimao dies a bit on the inside every time this is brought up. The guy was on a deadline with numerous anime under his eye, be thankful he did such a fantastic job with the series and movies and that that's his only noticeable error.
Aww, Daimao knows we love him. We kid because we love :)