Predict the Episode # Where Krillin Gets "Krillin'ed"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

burrito007

Predict the Episode # Where Krillin Gets "Krillin'ed"

Post by burrito007 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:42 pm

Thread title says it all:

I predict episode 96

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Predict the Episode # Where Krillin Gets "Krlillin'ed"

Post by Cipher » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:45 pm

Do you mean he's going to do the horizontal tango with a robot in episode 96, or have someone point out he doesn't have a nose?

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:06 pm

I'd rather wait until we get to the actual Tournament of Power first before actually guessing.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:00 am

Krillin has a wife and a kid. He can't be made to look too bad.
Last edited by Beyond on Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:03 am

Krillin gets decent wins and dosen't look bad at all..
That being said This a absurd and frustrating what TFS has made Krillin look like to new fans
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:05 am

This thread is dumb. What's the point of this ? Kuririn won't get embarrassed unless TFS starts writing Super.n
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:10 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Krillin gets decent wins and dosen't look bad at all..
That being said This a absurd and frustrating what TFS has made Krillin look like to new fans
TFS made a portion of the fans actually act this way about a lot of things (for example, some fans really think Gohan views Piccolo as more of a father than Goku).
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:37 am

Super has actually handled Krillin pretty well for the most parts despite him being easy comic relief. Can't say the same for his buddy Goku (the main character) sadly...
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Lunaar
Patreon Supporter

Post by Lunaar » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:04 am

If by "Krilillin'ed" you mean "overcomes his own insecurities about protecting his family and shows that a fighter his age with genuine talent and compassion can compete with warriors from across the fabric of time and space, in spite of having no genetic advantages?"
...aka "KIENZAN, MOTHERF-"

Episode 92. What are we betting?
Gogegito wrote:Gotenks said "I cant let him fight just like that, please trunks help me, he's my brother" And trunks also had undesrstanding eyes.
Ajay wrote:It's probably savagely lit. I dunno.
Steam ID: Lunaar
★頭カラッポの方が 夢詰め込める★

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:10 am

Fans were making fun of Krillin long before TFS.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:12 am

Lunaar wrote:If by "Krilillin'ed" you mean "overcomes his own insecurities about protecting his family and shows that a fighter his age with genuine talent and compassion can compete with warriors from across the fabric of time and space, in spite of having no genetic advantages?"
...aka "KIENZAN, MOTHERF-"

Episode 92. What are we betting?
The only time he's ever used the kienzan right was against a foe who it had no affect on.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Lunaar
Patreon Supporter

Post by Lunaar » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:18 am

Kanassa wrote:The only time he's ever used the kienzan right was against a foe who it had no affect on.
And even then, that was filler malarkey. I'd say the technique's time to shine is overdue and would be more than ripe enough to finally succeed - and to look strong in front of his wife and daughter. ...though, if it were to succeed in doing what it's supposed to... that would mean the opponent being sliced in two. Dunno if Krillin(much less the show) has big enough wishing orbs* to pull that off. Honestly, if there were ever a safe bet, it's that we'll see the Kienzan miss or take out something non-important... an illusion, ghost, giant rock, etc.

*balls.
Gogegito wrote:Gotenks said "I cant let him fight just like that, please trunks help me, he's my brother" And trunks also had undesrstanding eyes.
Ajay wrote:It's probably savagely lit. I dunno.
Steam ID: Lunaar
★頭カラッポの方が 夢詰め込める★

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:21 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
It wasn't on such a large degree..
Fans might be doing it but TFS has helped spread it..
Same as Goku being a retard and gohan hating goku..
Seen people legitimately believe it's true, they might not be the main culprit but they sure helped..

Nothing against TFS here though, they are an entertainment group, it's those people I am disappointed in who decide to take their word for it
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:27 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:Super has actually handled Krillin pretty well for the most parts despite him being easy comic relief. Can't say the same for his buddy Goku (the main character) sadly...
Goku's been handled fairly ok imo.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:37 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:
Seen people legitimately believe it's true, they might not be the main culprit but they sure helped..

Nothing against TFS here though, they are an entertainment group, it's those people I am disappointed in who decide to take their word for it
Yeah definitely nothing against TFS seeing as they even say that they want to completely get rid of the "Krillin owned count" and honestly imo portray him pretty well. I love the line about Krillin being "everyone's friend". :P
TheMathemagician wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:Super has actually handled Krillin pretty well for the most parts despite him being easy comic relief. Can't say the same for his buddy Goku (the main character) sadly...
Because you've been trying to justify Goku's insanity? :roll:

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:29 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote: Fans were making fun of Krillin long before TFS.

Yeah definitely nothing against TFS seeing as they even say that they want to completely get rid of the "Krillin owned count" and honestly imo portray him pretty well. I love the line about Krillin being "everyone's friend". :P
TheMathemagician wrote:
Because you've been trying to justify Goku's insanity? :roll:
Nobody's been justifying anything, but nice assumption mate.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Predict the Episode # Where Krillin Gets "Krillin'ed"

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:12 pm

Please keep the attitudes to yourselves and look at it from the perspective of how that reads to an outside user: it's rather embarrassing to come in and see people posturing at each other in message board posts. You're expected to be thoughtful, considerate, and friendly in all posts here. We do expect better, please and thank you!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Hirovoid

Re: Predict the Episode # Where Krillin Gets "Krillin'ed"

Post by Hirovoid » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:12 pm

I've actually felt Krillin's gotten better received since TFS. It might be more time going by and looking more at his role, but I remember growing up, it seemed more people talked about what a coward and how pathetic he was. Now, it seems more people recognize how he was still always there to help out. I do think Yamcha's comedic failings got more notice due to TFS though since most of the cool moments people remember him from are actually Toei filler.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:54 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:

Well if you put it that way...
TheMathemagician wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote: