"Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" FUNimation English Dub Official Announcement and Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" FUNimation English Dub Official Announcement and Discussion Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed May 03, 2017 2:44 pm

ConfusedPhantom wrote:I haven't been watching the dub, but since they're on the Majin Vegeta stuff now, I decided to check it out. Wow, it's a step up from even the first Kai dub. I'm really impressed. Both the scripting and the voice acting have been on point.
It is not too surprising it's taken them about 3 years to dub 69 episodes of Buu as opposed Kai 1.0 which they took 13 months to dub 69 eps as they had to rush out for TV. Kai 1.0 was a good dub but everything they dubbed from Buu Kai onwards has been fantastic.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" FUNimation English Dub Official Announcement and Discussion Thread

Post by Forte224 » Fri May 12, 2017 11:06 pm

Oh my goodness. I just finished part 1 of the dub, and all I gotta say is that Sabat Vegeta's "There is a part of me that you will never control. I carry within me the pride...of a PRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINCE!!" is now my favorite english dub line in Dragon Ball. The Boo arc is my favorite, mainly because of all the awesome Vegeta moments, and Chris is killin' it so far! I can't wait for the whole sacrifice thing in part 2, along with however this scene turns out in part 3:
https://youtu.be/S32G3WWfF6Y?t=219

The part in question is at 3:40-4:22

Footlong Shoe
Patreon Supporter

Post by Footlong Shoe » Sat May 13, 2017 1:54 am

The thing I'm looking forward to most in Part 2 is the Super Saiyan 3 transformation. There are a ton of good Vegeta scenes coming up, though.
Discord - Footlong Shoe #1327

Tobi555
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tobi555 » Sun May 14, 2017 10:34 am

Anyone know how much of the other world filler was left in? (Referring to the scenes where buu visits krillin and yamcha, their sparring sessions, etc.)

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun May 14, 2017 3:41 pm

Tobi555 wrote:Anyone know how much of the other world filler was left in? (Referring to the scenes where buu visits krillin and yamcha, their sparring sessions, etc.)
I've never seen that part of the TFC cut, but if it mimics the Japanese, most of it was cut out.
Retired.

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Sun May 14, 2017 5:33 pm

Forte224 wrote:Oh my goodness. I just finished part 1 of the dub, and all I gotta say is that Sabat Vegeta's "There is a part of me that you will never control. I carry within me the pride...of a PRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINCE!!" is now my favorite english dub line in Dragon Ball. The Boo arc is my favorite, mainly because of all the awesome Vegeta moments, and Chris is killin' it so far! I can't wait for the whole sacrifice thing in part 2, along with however this scene turns out in part 3:

YESSS!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wahpElp6acg

Credit to Harry Price/ SSGSS Goku

EDIT: New Link from SSGSS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lByt47mzWlE
Last edited by simtek34 on Sun May 14, 2017 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun May 14, 2017 5:48 pm

simtek34 wrote:

How'd he/she get it this early ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun May 14, 2017 6:27 pm

sintzu wrote:
simtek34 wrote:

Guessing someone who works at FUNi or something got it early and leaked it. Either way not watching, would much rather experience it properly.

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Sun May 14, 2017 6:37 pm

Sounds like the audio mixing issues with the sound effects are still present based on the clip. Oh well. Still a fantastic performance from Sabat, and the narration gave me the same chills as Yanami's. That alone makes it worth it to me.
Last edited by OmegaRockman on Sun May 14, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun May 14, 2017 6:46 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Either way not watching, would much rather experience it properly.
Just know that it's just as good as we were expecting it to be. I can't wait to see the 1st Ssj3 transformation. I think Sean said something about it being a big improvement over the original.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Sun May 14, 2017 6:58 pm

simtek34 wrote:
Forte224 wrote:Oh my goodness. I just finished part 1 of the dub, and all I gotta say is that Sabat Vegeta's "There is a part of me that you will never control. I carry within me the pride...of a PRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINCE!!" is now my favorite english dub line in Dragon Ball. The Boo arc is my favorite, mainly because of all the awesome Vegeta moments, and Chris is killin' it so far! I can't wait for the whole sacrifice thing in part 2, along with however this scene turns out in part 3:

With any luck, Funi will ship it early, hoping to get my copy within the next week.
Chris's performance here is AAA top notch. Next is SS3 transformation and Goku's "last interaction" with Gohan on The supreme world of the Kais.

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Sun May 14, 2017 7:09 pm

I privated the video as I don't want any strikes on my channel but here is a reupload of it on someone else's channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lByt47mzWlE

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Sun May 14, 2017 7:45 pm

SSGSS Goku wrote:I privated the video as I don't want any strikes on my channel but here is a reupload of it on someone else's channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lByt47mzWlE

Wow Chris Sabat did a brilliant job in this scene. Way better then his Z version.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun May 14, 2017 7:47 pm

SSGSS Goku wrote:I privated the video as I don't want any strikes on my channel but here is a reupload of it on someone else's channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lByt47mzWlE
So, the sound effects are all still muffled. I guess I'll take that over the clean, but slightly too loud ones in the first several episodes of part 1.

That scream is freaking great though. Glad Sabat's gotten to the point that he doesn't worry too much about the "character's voice" when he yells, and he really cuts loose. For so many years he had to keep "Vegeta's voice" during yells, so it was always more like raspy growls. Ever since Kai he's been way looser about that, and it's reached its peak here where it's just Sabat yelling, which makes the scene more powerful. Very well done.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Sun May 14, 2017 8:12 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
sintzu wrote:
simtek34 wrote:

Guessing someone who works at FUNi or something got it early and leaked it. Either way not watching, would much rather experience it properly.
Damn, I couldn't help myself so I watched it. I've imagined how it would sound for years now so I just had to. It's different from what I pictured but still quite good

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Sun May 14, 2017 8:34 pm

Is that Sumitomo in that clip? Wow for once I actually really like a Sumitomo music piece and it's placement in Final Chapters.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Sun May 14, 2017 8:38 pm

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:Is that Sumitomo in that clip? Wow for once I actually really like a Sumitomo music piece and it's placement in Final Chapters.
Yup! He does serious tracks pretty well, unfortunately there just aren't that many of them

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Sun May 14, 2017 9:07 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
sintzu wrote:
simtek34 wrote:

I don't work at FUNimation. Someone somehow got it early and leaked the entire Blu-ray on a private website (which I won't name for obvious reasons). I'm still waiting on my physical copy

Footlong Shoe
Patreon Supporter

Post by Footlong Shoe » Sun May 14, 2017 10:28 pm

Tempting, but I'll pass on watching that clip. I can wait another week.

Wow, I just realized how soon this next set is coming out. We'll have the entire series before we know it!
Discord - Footlong Shoe #1327

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun May 14, 2017 10:31 pm

Footlong Shoe wrote:Tempting, but I'll pass on watching that clip. I can wait another week.

Wow, I just realized how soon this next set is coming out. We'll have the entire series before we know it!
It's exactly what I expected, and I suspect it's the same for everyone else. Good thing you won't have to wait long, assuming you're buying the home release.
Retired.