"Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by sintzu » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:25 pm

Android17 wrote:I just got Part 3 of Final Chapters in the mail today and I noticed something pretty interesting. In the final scene where Goku flies off with Uub, the music playing in the background is none other than FLOW's cover of Cha-La Head Cha La.

I know for certain that this wasn't the case in the Japanese version of Kai 2.0, but was the song featured in other international versions? Or is it exclusive to FUNimation's dub, like Let It Burn?

EDIT: I can also confirm that Teague does reprise his role as Uub and I think his performance is much better this time around.
Is there a preview for Super's 1st episode like in the Japanese version ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
rs_chaosmaster
Regular
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:40 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:33 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:I feel you guys about the sets coming out so fast you can't even keep up with them. It's even worse in my case, cuz I decided to re-watch all of Kai first - I'm still only at the start of the Android arc, with 19 and 20. At this rate, I won't be finished in time for the first Super set, gah! :lol:

Also had no idea about the insert song in The Final Chapters. The Engrish is pretty bad at times, but what a great song regardless. Then again, outside of maybe like one or two, I really liked all of Kai's insert songs. It's a tradition I wish Super would have continued with.

Great to hear Baughman come back as Pan (though this is actually her first time playing this version of Pan). Even though they recorded this ages ago, between that and keeping her in Xenoverse, I'd say there's a pretty good chance they'll keep her on if Super ever decides to actually go further into the timeline and age up the girls. Really curious if Teague is still Uub or not now too, and how he sounds if so.
I hope you are wrong Baughman's performance will always be tied to GT which they destroyed the characterization of Pan. I really hope that Jeannie Tirado‏ gets to voice Pan if they decide to age her as she would do a much better job with the new characterization that seems to be clear in Super. With just baby Pan, that characterization is 100times better than anything Pan got in GT!!

Android17
Newbie
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:49 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by Android17 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:47 pm

sintzu wrote:Is there a preview for Super's 1st episode like in the Japanese version ?
Unfortunately there is not. Since Super probably wasn't even in the planning phases at TOEI when FUNimation started dubbing the Final Chapters I reckon it couldn't have been included with the materials sent to them.

Bra/Bulla is voiced by Lauren Landa, and some quick research tells me this is her first time voicing the character. She doesn't have many lines in these episodes but the voice is serviceable enough.

Here's another oddity: Sean Michael Teague is credited as "Oob" rather than "Uub". A bit weird considering FUNimation still uses the "Buu" spelling, but not a huge deal. Just something I noticed.

User avatar
Bansho64
I Live Here
Posts: 2034
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:59 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by Bansho64 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:08 pm

Could someone here put up the part where Gohan says goodbye to Goku before going to fight Super Buu?

User avatar
DHM211
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1085
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:48 pm
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by DHM211 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:26 pm

Android17 wrote:I just got Part 3 of Final Chapters in the mail today and I noticed something pretty interesting. In the final scene where Goku flies off with Uub, the music playing in the background is none other than FLOW's cover of Cha-La Head Cha La.

I know for certain that this wasn't the case in the Japanese version of Kai 2.0, but was the song featured in other international versions? Or is it exclusive to FUNimation's dub, like Let It Burn?

EDIT: I can also confirm that Teague does reprise his role as Uub and I think his performance is much better this time around.
This is the soundtrack that played in the French version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuV0Ej5 ... 7y1Xm-cqmL
Also is there any chance you can post a clip of goku and ubb leaving?

User avatar
simtek34
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 927
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:40 pm
Location: Mount Paozu (Twin Cities, MN)
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by simtek34 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:34 pm

DHM211 wrote:
Android17 wrote:I just got Part 3 of Final Chapters in the mail today and I noticed something pretty interesting. In the final scene where Goku flies off with Uub, the music playing in the background is none other than FLOW's cover of Cha-La Head Cha La.

I know for certain that this wasn't the case in the Japanese version of Kai 2.0, but was the song featured in other international versions? Or is it exclusive to FUNimation's dub, like Let It Burn?

EDIT: I can also confirm that Teague does reprise his role as Uub and I think his performance is much better this time around.
This is the soundtrack that played in the French version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuV0Ej5 ... 7y1Xm-cqmL
Also is there any chance you can post a clip of goku and ubb leaving?
Wait... is it the Japanese version or English version of FLOW Cha-La? And does the Japanese voice track have Let it Burn or FLOW Cha-La?
Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

User avatar
OmegaRockman
Regular
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:16 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by OmegaRockman » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:56 pm

Oh my GOD. Let it Burn AND Cha-La?! Okay, 5.1 audio issues and Cell stand-in aside, I think we really hit the jackpot here in the US. We may have the best version of Boo Kai in the world. Then again, I may be jumping the gun here, but geez, Cha-La is HUGE if you ask me. I guess it all depends on if these songs are present in the Japanese track as well. I guess we'll all find out tomorrow when everyone else gets their copies. A huge thank you to all you guys with early copies, by the way, for sharing the tidbits and clips with us! You guys are simply awesome!

User avatar
Scsigs
I Live Here
Posts: 2807
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:55 am
Location: NY, USA
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by Scsigs » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:13 am

Android17 wrote:I just got Part 3 of Final Chapters in the mail today and I noticed something pretty interesting. In the final scene where Goku flies off with Uub, the music playing in the background is none other than FLOW's cover of Cha-La Head Cha La.

I know for certain that this wasn't the case in the Japanese version of Kai 2.0, but was the song featured in other international versions? Or is it exclusive to FUNimation's dub, like Let It Burn?

EDIT: I can also confirm that Teague does reprise his role as Uub and I think his performance is much better this time around.
Wow, aside from the English dub being, for the most part, VASTLY superior than Z's, as we all expected, there are some AWESOME touches that arose on Toei's part. While they WERE definitely being cheap bastards with Kai TFC's remastering, with doing it in-house rather than AT LEAST getting Q-Tec to do it, they DEFINITELY did a good thing with Sumitomo being the composer here. I mean, he put in some good tracks, but Flow's 'Cha-La Head Cha-La' cover is DEFINITELY a great touch on his part as the last music piece you hear. It really will help future generations who get recommended Kai over Z for the English dub, then go to the Battle of Gods & Resurrection F movies afterwards. Plus, it's a great callback to the original run of Z, since it had the original version of the song as its opening for the first however many episodes. Kinda wish it was the original version, but then again, it's Toei &, short of licensing the English version the guy made versus using a cover they ALREADY had the license to use, I think we were lucky for this, since Flow's cover is still pretty good. I've always liked Flow since they did that song for Naruto a decade ago. (Unintentional rhyme FTW! :thumbup: )
rs_chaosmaster wrote:I hope you are wrong Baughman's performance will always be tied to GT which they destroyed the characterization of Pan. I really hope that Jeannie Tirado‏ gets to voice Pan if they decide to age her as she would do a much better job with the new characterization that seems to be clear in Super. With just baby Pan, that characterization is 100times better than anything Pan got in GT!!
Personally, I think GT did a great job of destroying Pan's characterization WAY before FUNi dubbed it. Baughman's voice can get VERY annoying, though. The fact that Pan spends most of the bigger fights whining & her Pan voice being A LOT more annoying than Clinkenbeard's Gohan certainly doesn't help.
Android17 wrote:
sintzu wrote:Is there a preview for Super's 1st episode like in the Japanese version ?
Unfortunately there is not. Since Super probably wasn't even in the planning phases at TOEI when FUNimation started dubbing the Final Chapters I reckon it couldn't have been included with the materials sent to them.
Even then, Toei could've given FUNi the preview to dub for Kai after they put it together for their releases, but then again, Toei could've done MANY things that would make most of us happy with this, so who knows?
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

User avatar
DHM211
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1085
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:48 pm
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by DHM211 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:03 pm

So I just checked and both the English and Japanese track both have the english version of Flow's Cha la playing when Goku leaves with Ubb.

Tbh I think the music that the Japanese and French version used during that scene was much more fitting.

User avatar
simtek34
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 927
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:40 pm
Location: Mount Paozu (Twin Cities, MN)
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by simtek34 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:27 pm

DHM211 wrote:So I just checked and both the English and Japanese track both have the english version of Flow's Cha la playing when Goku leaves with Ubb.

Tbh I think the music that the Japanese and French version used during that scene was much more fitting.
My last question is does the Japanese track have "Let it Burn" during SS2 Goku versus Boo? And can somebody get clips of FLOW Cha-La and the scene when Mystic Gohan tells Boo that he will kill him? I really want to see it!
Last edited by simtek34 on Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

User avatar
Scsigs
I Live Here
Posts: 2807
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:55 am
Location: NY, USA
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by Scsigs » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:34 pm

simtek34 wrote:
DHM211 wrote:So I just checked and both the English and Japanese track both have the english version of Flow's Cha la playing when Goku leaves with Ubb.

Tbh I think the music that the Japanese and French version used during that scene was much more fitting.
My last question is does the Japanese track Lahr Let it Burn? And can somebody get clips of FLOW Cha-La and the scene when Mystic Gohan tells Boo that he will Kill him? I really want to see it!
If you don't mind my asking, what's your native language?
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

User avatar
simtek34
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 927
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:40 pm
Location: Mount Paozu (Twin Cities, MN)
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by simtek34 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:59 pm

Scsigs wrote:
simtek34 wrote:
DHM211 wrote:So I just checked and both the English and Japanese track both have the english version of Flow's Cha la playing when Goku leaves with Ubb.

Tbh I think the music that the Japanese and French version used during that scene was much more fitting.
My last question is does the Japanese track Lahr Let it Burn? And can somebody get clips of FLOW Cha-La and the scene when Mystic Gohan tells Boo that he will Kill him? I really want to see it!
If you don't mind my asking, what's your native language?
Who are you talking to Scsigs?
Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Android17
Newbie
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:49 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by Android17 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:37 pm

A few very short clips that people have been asking to see!

I apologize for the quality, I didn't have a better recording method than my iPhone camera so it'll have to do.

Goku's Farewell to Gohan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPxMN-a ... e=youtu.be
Gohan Plans to Kill Super Buu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeqhIEj ... e=youtu.be
Goku Leaves with Uub (Cha-La-Head-Cha-La): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKE70-H ... e=youtu.be

That's all I'm going to post so if you want better picture quality or more scenes then you'll just have to support the official release :p

User avatar
Scsigs
I Live Here
Posts: 2807
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:55 am
Location: NY, USA
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by Scsigs » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:55 pm

simtek34 wrote:
Scsigs wrote:
simtek34 wrote: My last question is does the Japanese track Lahr Let it Burn? And can somebody get clips of FLOW Cha-La and the scene when Mystic Gohan tells Boo that he will Kill him? I really want to see it!
If you don't mind my asking, what's your native language?
Who are you talking to Scsigs?
You, obviously. I only ask because everytime I quote something from you in response, there are some minor spelling errors & even some words I don't know.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

User avatar
Scsigs
I Live Here
Posts: 2807
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:55 am
Location: NY, USA
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by Scsigs » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:58 pm

Anyways, I love the way they voiced the ghosts in this dub. It's SO much more improved than Z. The voices actually make sense. They all sound like they're either voiced by Kara Edwards, Laura Bailey, or Alexis Tipton. The original dub just used random voices &, I think, accents that were just out of place. This sounds more natural.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

User avatar
Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1089
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 4:51 pm
Location: Planet Sadla

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:10 pm

Android17 wrote:Bra/Bulla is voiced by Lauren Landa, and some quick research tells me this is her first time voicing the character. She doesn't have many lines in these episodes but the voice is serviceable enough.
Do they call her "Bra", or is it still "Bulla"?
Caulifla best girl! :)

User avatar
simtek34
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 927
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:40 pm
Location: Mount Paozu (Twin Cities, MN)
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by simtek34 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:02 pm

Scsigs wrote:
simtek34 wrote:
Scsigs wrote: If you don't mind my asking, what's your native language?
Who are you talking to Scsigs?
You, obviously. I only ask because everytime I quote something from you in response, there are some minor spelling errors & even some words I don't know.
English Native. My computer has not beeen working lately, and typing on an iPhone sucks. A little off topic but great review on YouTube though Scsigs! I already fixed the recent mistakes to make more sense. Look Up.
Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

User avatar
Valerius Dover
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1924
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:47 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by Valerius Dover » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:08 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
Android17 wrote:Bra/Bulla is voiced by Lauren Landa, and some quick research tells me this is her first time voicing the character. She doesn't have many lines in these episodes but the voice is serviceable enough.
Do they call her "Bra", or is it still "Bulla"?
Don't know about Kai or the Japanese version, but even the Z dub never referred to her by name except for the credits until GT. So, neither, it seems.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

User avatar
rs_chaosmaster
Regular
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:40 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:44 am

Hey guys I am going to be uploading audio comparisons of Z vs Kai. I have two up already feel free to check them out. :D

Goku's farewell to Gohan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48XZnBaSxuc
Mystic Gohan Transformation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOiTL__R9Ac

And keep an eye out for more audio clips.

User avatar
dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat May 30, 2015 2:17 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters" Parts DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Post by dragonballhero » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:01 pm

Excuse me, but does the ending to The Final Chapters use a sort of "clip-show" ending going over the entirety of events that occurred in it (and the series as a whole) like how Kai 1.0 did after Future Trunks returned to his timeline, or do they just use the scenes we saw in EoZ (Like Goten vs. Pan, Master Roshi perving, Mr. Satan, Buu, and Bee just chilling, etc.)?

Post Reply