"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:01 pm

Olympian wrote: Majin Buu character Breakdown by Max
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_6eoex9JO8
When I think their attention to detail can't surprise me anymore, they do it again. Kid Buu regenerating himself after using Planet Buster is a nice touch.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

New_Guy
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by New_Guy » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:17 pm

If Jiren does ever make it in as a character, I hope he has some real disheartening, spirit breaking techniques. I mean I want people to feel bad after getting the shit kicked out of them against Jiren. No Pride Trooper assists, mainly because the whole "guest assist character" thing has been used a bit often at this point. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing Vuon appear for a good ol' Justice Whip but with Tenshinhan, Black, Nappa, Ginyu, and 18 (Frieza if you count Sorbet) I think that's enough guest features. Of the same token though I guess maybe we still need more Jiren screen time. What do you think?

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:06 pm

Jiren or Ultra Limit Goku at this stage, as well as the Saiyan girls really are a bit of a push to come out. These characters took months to chose and design and the new toys are still too fresh. In Jiren`s case it`s more flagrante since hasn`t done much so far in the show other than punching real hard.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:55 pm

The upside of Jiren being so simple is it isn't actually hard to give him a moveset. Just make him a hard-hitting, slow-moving juggernaut/grappler, lots of heavy normals with plenty of knockback. The eye flash thing and All Might punch for level 1s, the flying energy ball for a cinematic level 3. Maybe it could be used to force switch out.

His arc hasn't wrapped up yet in the show, but at this point I'd say we've seen all we really need to see from him, barring some kind of crazy last-minute reveal. We definitely have seen all we're going to see of the Saiyan girls for now.

I think Tournament of Power characters have very high chance of being DLC but I wouldn't expect to see them until much later in the year. Like, they'd be the last of the 8 characters to come out. They'll want some Super characters in that pass, and with Black in base, Jiren's next in line.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:30 pm

Character Guide, Team compositions and unique Mechanics

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R0q ... obVR8/edit#
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:38 pm

Whatever Jiren's moveset might be in this game - and I would be shocked if he wasn't included in DLC -, we probably haven't seen even 10% of it in the anime. The final fight with U7 is only starting and he'll have a rematch with Goku, I expect those to give a lot of material.

I'm with New_Guy. I don't want Pride Troopers included in his character, it would be like adding Kuririn and Tenshinhan to Goku's moves. Some character are far too emblematic to include help, of course there are exception due to references and what have you. Tenshinhan having Chiaotzu feels earned, Nappa likewise. #18 is a bit forced but I give it an excuse because of their tag team on Future Gohan.

From the top of my head Dabra with Babidi, Yakon and Pocus would be awesome. Otherwise I'm not seeing that many characters that need partners to complement them, that could definitely get old and possibility damaging by removing choices. At this point #17 with all the new material could be his own character, however his inclusion now would be weird. Maybe in FighterZ 2...

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:38 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:03 pm

Tian wrote:the game requires a damn 16gb of RAM :(
My new laptop laughs at that tiny spec requirement.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

New_Guy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by New_Guy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:39 pm

Man I just thought about how nice it would be to have Goku, Gohan, and Boo together on the Zen Exhibition Match fighting stage in-game. I have a soft spot for that arena. I know it would look beautiful in this game. I doubt it since it may not be looked at as significant but one can dream. (Unlockable stages? DLC stages?)

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:16 pm

New_Guy wrote:Man I just thought about how nice it would be to have Goku, Gohan, and Boo together on the Zen Exhibition Match fighting stage in-game. I have a soft spot for that arena. I know it would look beautiful in this game. I doubt it since it may not be looked at as significant but one can dream. (Unlockable stages? DLC stages?)
Hah, that's a nice team to have. I've been brainstorming teams to have that have cute references to them like that one
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:45 am

The "I don't like FighterZ" bingo sheet:

Credit: @Quebaz23

For the record, I'm a Xenoverse 2 fan who's never played a competitive fighting game in his life, and even I wouldn't check any of these. Maybe the "Don't call <DBZ term> a <fighting game term>", but that's just because I have no frame of reference for fighting game terms. And who cares, it's just pedantry.

Anyone else getting sick of this crap though? Like, these arguments are bad enough, but the pro-FighterZ side isn't much better. I've seen a lot of "hurr, can't wait to body casuals/DBZ fans in this REAL fighting game" going around as well. It's just elitist dickery; let people like what they like, and try to welcome newcomers without being condescending.
Last edited by Kataphrut on Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:52 am

Your Raditz moveset is similar to what I thought of. Every consider incorporating the Tail Whip or that knee strike Raditz gives to Goku at Kame House into his moveset? Or a mechanic that uses his scouter?
As for Metal Cooler, I think you hit all the major points with him. Not sure if anything can be added.
Kid Goku's use of Nyoibō is essential to his moveset. Good use.
Not bad for Chi-Chi.
I think a lot of Roshi's moveset has been added into previous games (the BT series, in particular) and I expect a lot of what you laid out to be incorporated.
I see Hercule being the Dan Hibiki of the game.
Videl is all melee, so she might be limited.. hmm..
Broly will be that tank we all expect him to be and will have a lot of what you had to be used in his moveset.

What moveset would you create for Bardock and/or Janemba?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:47 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote:I made a bunch of moveset concepts over the months of my ban from these boards:

https://dhochoyblog.wordpress.com/2017/ ... -fighterz/ (Chi-Chi)
You haven't addressed the chase button for Chi-Chi, which could be a problem as she can't fly. However if she has the Banana Fan she could just swing in the opposite direction, and the gust would take her to the direction of the opponent.
Her helmet can also fire beams, so there's the replacement for Kamehameha. (yep, the move that she almost killed Yamcha with)
But if you also want to give her a Kamehameha, maybe could have one which is a close range blast. Chun-li or Andy Bogard has something like this in several games, it could work as a combo-ender in DBFZ. It's not something she ever did in the manga, but it is also not unbelievable for the character. (Unlike how Videl spams energy blasts in various games.)
I'm not even a huge fan of the character, but I really enjoyed how they interpreted her in Super DBZ without butchering her design, and I really hope that she will appear like that in DBFZ one day.

About Cooler, the special moves are fine, but I'd also gave him the other Meta Coolers as some assists special moves, and I'd go with different super moves:
Supernova (lv1): You already have this, but I'd alter how it works. Cooler would just fire a small energy blast to the opponent, and if it explodes, it would create a lot of smoke, and when it clears, it would show Cooler with the fully charged Supernova in the air, which he would then throw to the opponent unable to evade.
Basically it would be the recreation of the scene from the movie, and the opponent would have to block the small energy blast with the smoke afterwards. Much like how Kid Buu's Planet Burst starts with the his roar attack in the game.
Meta Beam Barrage (lv3): Would start with a command grab, or a single hit, the the opponent would paralyzed, and surrounded by 10-20 Meta Coolers, all of them fireing finger beams at the opponent.
Meta Death Cannon (lv3): The ground would shatter, and the giant core Meta Cooler would come out attacking the opponent with the hand-slap/cable-tieing stuff he did in the movie on Vegeta. If it connects, then he would fire a giant energy beat at his mouth. (or from his robotic eye?)

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:41 am

Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:14 am

Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

TheSonofKakarrot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TheSonofKakarrot » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:16 am

AgitoZ wrote:
TheSonofKakarrot wrote:I know I’m late to the party but was wondering if anyone could help:

I’m trying to find the collectorz version. Has it really been sold out everywhere? Best Buy is advertising “ultimate editio “ as 139.99 but all it’s confents appear to be the collector z edition. I didn’t know how popular this game was so if this version is really sold out every where I’m prettt bummed.

Thanks for the help I’m advance!
The Ultimate Edition is digital only and is essentially the base game plus all the DLC Bandai has announced so far (8 DLC characters, anime music pack and announcer pack). The Collector's Edition is the physical only release which comes with a statue and other merch but no DLC included.. Make sure to confirm the details with your store as they are VERY different releases.
Thanks for the info.

Where can I preorder the collectors edition or am too late and everything is sold out?

Also can you switch between Japanese voices in the US. Edison of the game?

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:48 pm

BrolyKale wrote: I also would like to ask if you could do one for Janemba and Kefla please!
IKevinX just did one about Kefla.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:51 pm

KayDash wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:I made a bunch of moveset concepts over the months of my ban from these boards:

https://dhochoyblog.wordpress.com/2017/ ... -fighterz/ (Chi-Chi)
You haven't addressed the chase button for Chi-Chi, which could be a problem as she can't fly. However if she has the Banana Fan she could just swing in the opposite direction, and the gust would take her to the direction of the opponent.
Master Roshi can't fly either but nevertheless, Chi-Chi like many fighters in Dragon Ball was capable of jumping extremely high and fighting up on the air so I don't see the dashing mechanics being a huge stretch for her. Besides there's also the Nimbus cloud.
fadeddreams5 wrote:

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:52 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
BrolyKale wrote: I also would like to ask if you could do one for Janemba and Kefla please!
IKevinX just did one about Kefla.
Thank you!!
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

SSJPURPLE77

Post by SSJPURPLE77 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:03 pm

I don't think we need Base Goku and Vegeta to be honest because the SSGSS versions have moves that the base versions used. SSB Goku has a Kaioken ultimate and SSB Vegeta has a Galick Gun ultimate.