Is Lunch a Super Saiya-jin? o.o

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

parron
Not-So-Newbie

Is Lunch a Super Saiya-jin? o.o

Post by parron » Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:46 pm

Weird question here, but one I've had for a while. In DB, Lunch is a black haired/ black eyed young girl... when she sneezes, she "transforms" and becomes strong and her hair and eyes turn blonde and green, respectivally.

Then, DBZ arrives... and Saiya-jin can transform (although not with a sneeze, obviously) into a strong, blonde-haired green-eyed state. Is this a coincedence? Or is it possible that Lunch is the inspiration to the SSJ, or something?

I've been speculating for years. n.n() Any thoughts?

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:48 pm

:shock:

You know what, I never even noticed that similarity before. Could that be the real reason why Toriyama left Launch out of the DBZ manga? That he didn't want fans realizing the SSJ transformation was a spoof of Launch's?

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:55 pm

Lol! I can see it now:

Vegeta: "DAMN YOU, KAKAROTTO!!! I WILL BECOME STRONGER THAN YOU!! How could I have reached my limit?! Me?! The Prince of Saiyans bested by a...a...AAACHOO!

'I...I did it! I'M A SUPER SAIYAN!!! Now I'll crush that Low Level Kakarotto! AHAHAHAaa..aaa....ACHOO!!

'Hm...I have to work on better controlling that..."
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:22 am

Ya except, Lunch is nice when she's her black-haired self. Vegita's never nice! :mrgreen:

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:50 pm

diffrence: Lunch didnt become more powerful, just more violent, and even that got curbed after a while towards the DB gang at least.
-Laserkid

parron
Not-So-Newbie

Post by parron » Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:58 pm

Well, she did get a lot of weapons out of no-where... I define that as stronger.

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:35 pm

Vegeta does tell Goku that he needs to lose his kind-hearted nature in order to become a true super saiya-jin. And a super saiya-jin is supposed to the most ruthless warrior in the universe, or could we say "violent" or "mean" just like Lunch in her blonde form... :lol:

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:58 pm

Hah, that wouldve been great if he continued with the Lunch idea.

Goku: Freeza, I will avenge Krillin's death :nose twitches:
Goku: (screams)
Freeza: No, your, your a......Super Saiyan!!!

DB meets Bewitched,::laughs::

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:46 pm

a gun doesnt make you stronger, and in the DB universe - guns are pretty useless
-Laserkid

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:55 pm

You know, that's such a problem now when I watch other anime with lots of weapons. Even though I still enjoy them, especially Trigun(love that series!), I always find myself saying well, that'd be nothing for the warriors in DB to take care of. :D

parron
Not-So-Newbie

Post by parron » Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:27 am

Well, no, guns don't make you stronger... but they are a way to kill someone, and since Lunch is pretty weak otherwise (and dumb), I'd say that the sudden ability and will to kill people makes her "stronger." It's all how you define it. :P Don't be so literal.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:59 pm

You sure it doesn't make her stronger? Look at when the Red Ribbon army arive on Kame Sen'nin's island. One grabs her in her normal form. She does nothing. Turtle dude makes her sneeze, and suddenly she gains the strength to throw the big guy off of her and kick the crap out of him.

Or maybe she just learns judo.