"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Scsigs
I Live Here
Posts: 2794
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:55 am
Location: NY, USA
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Scsigs » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:36 pm

Can anyone who plays this game on Xbox help me with a few PQs? I can't get through 136 & 142 with the ally AI.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

User avatar
Jackalope89
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 916
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:36 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:14 pm

Scsigs wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:36 pm
Can anyone who plays this game on Xbox help me with a few PQs? I can't get through 136 & 142 with the ally AI.
I'll give advice;
Take a strong character you're comfortable with, and know how to heavy break with them, and Ultimate the enemies. Or, use strong moves that others would consider cheap (Justice Combination).

I went Melee focused male Earthling. Justice Combination followed up by Brave Sword Slash (JC is an insta-set-up for it) will deal massive damage very quickly. Combined with Meditation to keep Ki replenishing quite quickly, and Champa's Super Soul, along with Angry Hit for a Super, you can deal a TON of damage quickly.

And for health capsules, go with the regenerating ones over instant-full health (for the most part). Makes you bit tankier and keeps replenishing your health.

User avatar
Jackalope89
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 916
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:36 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:16 pm

Xaroc wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:29 pm
SaiyanKingMike wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:17 pm
Anyone have luck getting gifts for majuub and goku for EOZ outfits or will that be given out during a raid?
Supposedly only on the Weekends in the TP Medal Shop. But that's only a rumor so far.
A little weird, because that's the only way to get the new "Story" Quest. It also forces people to get PS+ just for this one Mission.

Man, why won't Photon Swipe drop for me? I have every other of the new Moves except that one. Now the only thing I'm missing besides that are the Super Soul and the Universe 6 Uniform from the last new PQ.
Huh. Photon Swipe was literally the first thing I got. Decent move.
SaiyanKingMike wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:14 pm
Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:10 pm
Xaroc wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:29 pm
A little weird, because that's the only way to get the new "Story" Quest. It also forces people to get PS+ just for this one Mission.
GDI, I was afraid of that. *sigh* Why do they keep putting stuff behind an additional goddamn paywall. If I paid for the DLC, then I should have access to the entirety of that DLC. The only thing I should be blocked from doing without PS+ is playing online against people (and likewise the raids). Ugh.

At this point, I'm wondering if I shouldn't use the free week (do they still offer that?) of PS+ just to get to do that.
Well the gift shop is open today with majuub's gift and you can do the final mission. Still no EOZ goku gift
Well, apparently it helps to have Goku as your mentor. Prior to my switching to him as mentor, the Gift thing wouldn't pop up at all. Afterwards, it did. 500 TP Medals though.

User avatar
Scsigs
I Live Here
Posts: 2794
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:55 am
Location: NY, USA
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Scsigs » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:38 am

Jackalope89 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:14 pm
Scsigs wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:36 pm
Can anyone who plays this game on Xbox help me with a few PQs? I can't get through 136 & 142 with the ally AI.
I'll give advice;
Take a strong character you're comfortable with, and know how to heavy break with them, and Ultimate the enemies. Or, use strong moves that others would consider cheap (Justice Combination).

I went Melee focused male Earthling. Justice Combination followed up by Brave Sword Slash (JC is an insta-set-up for it) will deal massive damage very quickly. Combined with Meditation to keep Ki replenishing quite quickly, and Champa's Super Soul, along with Angry Hit for a Super, you can deal a TON of damage quickly.

And for health capsules, go with the regenerating ones over instant-full health (for the most part). Makes you bit tankier and keeps replenishing your health.
The problem is on 136, Vegeta keeps dying which forces a failure & the second one, there are too many powerful characters at once. If I had actual people helping me out, I'm pretty sure this wouldn't be as bad of an issue.

The reason it's an issue is because Vegeta in that PQ is a character that's forced on you, so you CAN'T heal him, or else I wouldn't have this issue. It's a fucking stupid thing I want them to fix.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Block88
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 139
Joined: Tue May 09, 2017 3:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Block88 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:16 am

Jesus uub VA was terrible what happened to the old one?

User avatar
Scsigs
I Live Here
Posts: 2794
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:55 am
Location: NY, USA
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Scsigs » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:30 am

Block88 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:16 am
Jesus Uub's VA was terrible, what happened to the old one?
Probably unavailable.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

User avatar
SuperSaiyanPan
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 146
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:54 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by SuperSaiyanPan » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:37 am

Scsigs wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:30 am
Block88 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:16 am
Jesus Uub's VA was terrible, what happened to the old one?
Probably unavailable.
That's a damn shame, I don't like this new one :(

User avatar
Scsigs
I Live Here
Posts: 2794
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:55 am
Location: NY, USA
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Scsigs » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:55 am

SuperSaiyanPan wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:37 am
Scsigs wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:30 am
Block88 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:16 am
Jesus Uub's VA was terrible, what happened to the old one?
Probably unavailable.
That's a damn shame, I don't like this new one :(
Justin Briner's not a bad choice for DB, but he doesn't fit Uub. His voice is the same one he uses for Deku in My Hero Academia & it doesn't even fit the character disregarding the fact that it's so radically different than the original. He also sounds almost exactly like Cabba, which doesn't help. It's all so distracting. If he was cast as another male Saiyan from U6, I wouldn't have a problem with it, but I wonder how Sabat thought that he could get away with him being a temporary replacement for the usual actor as a result.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

User avatar
Jackalope89
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 916
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:36 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:44 pm

Eh, I don't get the hate for Briner's voice on Uub. I think its fine.

Also; for EOZ Goku.
Make sure to have Goku as mentor. It unlocks the gifts in the shop.
Make sure to have 1000 TP medals to unlock both gifts (500 a piece).
Gift Goku's first, then Uub. Talk to Uub to spar.

After cut scene, you can serious fight Uub and Goku (both NPCs will outright fight you at the same time). Finishing it will give EOZ Goku clothes (all positive stats on them, BTW). Z Rank will unlock special Super Soul.

For the new characters; Uub is pretty good. Fast, and deals decent damage. Just wish he had a few more unique Supers/Ultimates.
21 takes a little getting used to, but is pretty good. No ki charge move, but her grab move, when it lands, gives you 1 bar of ki each time. Plus her charged ki attack is just awesome (more characters need unique moves like that).

User avatar
Xaroc
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 5:14 pm
Location: Germany

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Xaroc » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:38 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:44 pm
Eh, I don't get the hate for Briner's voice on Uub. I think its fine.

Also; for EOZ Goku.
Make sure to have Goku as mentor. It unlocks the gifts in the shop.
Make sure to have 1000 TP medals to unlock both gifts (500 a piece).
Gift Goku's first, then Uub. Talk to Uub to spar.

After cut scene, you can serious fight Uub and Goku (both NPCs will outright fight you at the same time). Finishing it will give EOZ Goku clothes (all positive stats on them, BTW). Z Rank will unlock special Super Soul.

For the new characters; Uub is pretty good. Fast, and deals decent damage. Just wish he had a few more unique Supers/Ultimates.
21 takes a little getting used to, but is pretty good. No ki charge move, but her grab move, when it lands, gives you 1 bar of ki each time. Plus her charged ki attack is just awesome (more characters need unique moves like that).
I have Gokuu as my Mentor and his Gift won't show up. When I had Gohan (& Videl for some reason) as Mentor I had only access to Oob's Gift and it worked fine (the serious battle is super annoying though). But still no Gokuu Gift so I can give HIM his EoZ Outfit in the Partner Customization Options.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS4)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

User avatar
Scsigs
I Live Here
Posts: 2794
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:55 am
Location: NY, USA
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Scsigs » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:23 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:44 pm
Eh, I don't get the hate for Briner's voice on Uub. I think its fine.

Also; for EOZ Goku.
Make sure to have Goku as mentor. It unlocks the gifts in the shop.
Make sure to have 1000 TP medals to unlock both gifts (500 a piece).
Gift Goku's first, then Uub. Talk to Uub to spar.

After cut scene, you can serious fight Uub and Goku (both NPCs will outright fight you at the same time). Finishing it will give EOZ Goku clothes (all positive stats on them, BTW). Z Rank will unlock special Super Soul.

For the new characters; Uub is pretty good. Fast, and deals decent damage. Just wish he had a few more unique Supers/Ultimates.
21 takes a little getting used to, but is pretty good. No ki charge move, but her grab move, when it lands, gives you 1 bar of ki each time. Plus her charged ki attack is just awesome (more characters need unique moves like that).
Wait, what? I thought the outfit for Goku was a part of Uub's.

How do you unlock Goku Gift 3?
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

User avatar
Jackalope89
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 916
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:36 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:34 pm

Scsigs wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:23 pm
Jackalope89 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:44 pm
Eh, I don't get the hate for Briner's voice on Uub. I think its fine.

Also; for EOZ Goku.
Make sure to have Goku as mentor. It unlocks the gifts in the shop.
Make sure to have 1000 TP medals to unlock both gifts (500 a piece).
Gift Goku's first, then Uub. Talk to Uub to spar.

After cut scene, you can serious fight Uub and Goku (both NPCs will outright fight you at the same time). Finishing it will give EOZ Goku clothes (all positive stats on them, BTW). Z Rank will unlock special Super Soul.

For the new characters; Uub is pretty good. Fast, and deals decent damage. Just wish he had a few more unique Supers/Ultimates.
21 takes a little getting used to, but is pretty good. No ki charge move, but her grab move, when it lands, gives you 1 bar of ki each time. Plus her charged ki attack is just awesome (more characters need unique moves like that).
Wait, what? I thought the outfit for Goku was a part of Uub's.

How do you unlock Goku Gift 3?
I got Goku as my mentor, checked the TP medal store, and there it was for me.

User avatar
Scsigs
I Live Here
Posts: 2794
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:55 am
Location: NY, USA
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Scsigs » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:54 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:34 pm
Scsigs wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:23 pm
Wait, what? I thought the outfit for Goku was a part of Uub's.

How do you unlock Goku Gift 3?
I got Goku as my mentor, checked the TP medal store, and there it was for me.
I've had Goku as my mentor for a while, even changed my mentor to someone else then back to him & backed out to the main menu & logged back in, but nothing. Just Uub's & a bunch of other outfits I already have, but not Goku's 3rd outfit.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

User avatar
Jackalope89
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 916
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:36 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:39 pm

Scsigs wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:54 pm
Jackalope89 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:34 pm
Scsigs wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:23 pm
Wait, what? I thought the outfit for Goku was a part of Uub's.

How do you unlock Goku Gift 3?
I got Goku as my mentor, checked the TP medal store, and there it was for me.
I've had Goku as my mentor for a while, even changed my mentor to someone else then back to him & backed out to the main menu & logged back in, but nothing. Just Uub's & a bunch of other outfits I already have, but not Goku's 3rd outfit.
Don't know what to tell ya.

User avatar
Scsigs
I Live Here
Posts: 2794
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:55 am
Location: NY, USA
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Scsigs » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:46 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:39 pm
Scsigs wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:54 pm
Jackalope89 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:34 pm
I got Goku as my mentor, checked the TP medal store, and there it was for me.
I've had Goku as my mentor for a while, even changed my mentor to someone else then back to him & backed out to the main menu & logged back in, but nothing. Just Uub's & a bunch of other outfits I already have, but not Goku's 3rd outfit.
Don't know what to tell ya.
What platform do you play on & when did you get Goku's Gi?
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

User avatar
TobyS
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1239
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:11 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TobyS » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:28 am

Goku gift wasn't there for me in the UK.

Grinded and bough Uub gift and handed it in.

I've got all the stuff from PQ's already, beat Uub and Goku on hard mode, maxed out android 21 figurine in HC.
They still didn't expand figure storage WTF.

Got 50k points in the raid.

Just one more raid to go, and I'm also missing merged Zams outfit but I reckon they might do the xmas raid bonanza hopefully.
But other than that I guess I'll only be missing that final elder kai quest, beta jersey and anything from PVP rewards, but that'll be close enough for me.

I know I could get merged zams clothes from one or both kinds of crystal raids, but I can never get a room. :(
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

User avatar
Jackalope89
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 916
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:36 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:49 pm

Scsigs wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:46 pm
Jackalope89 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:39 pm
Scsigs wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:54 pm

I've had Goku as my mentor for a while, even changed my mentor to someone else then back to him & backed out to the main menu & logged back in, but nothing. Just Uub's & a bunch of other outfits I already have, but not Goku's 3rd outfit.
Don't know what to tell ya.
What platform do you play on & when did you get Goku's Gi?
Xbox One. And I used the TP Medal store to get the things, as I don't really do Raids.

Goku's Gi came after I beat Uub and Goku in the "Fight Seriously" match. Which, without the right moveset, is a pain to deal with. Though I had to give Goku the gift (that I bought with TP Medals) first.

User avatar
Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8827
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
Location: Arkansas
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:17 pm

So, I decided to use the two week free trial of Plus to get the Oob outfit so I can do the final mission, and these seem to be the things listed in the Gift section for me.
Those would seem to coincide with the mentor outfits I remember from when they first came out (with Goku and Gohan getting the Saiyuki outfits, Hercule getting the 'Super Saiyan' outfit, Whis getting the poop stick, Nappa getting his hair, and 18, Videl, and Towa getting bikinis). But when I poked around on Google though, I was seeing things about second and third or more gits for the mentors, and even some for other mentors that I don't think got new specific outfits, like Vegeta. Are there other outfit ones I'd be missing if I only got all of these?
My Writing Endeavors - Twitter
"There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people. Psychopaths, and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better." - Richard Castle, 'Castle'

User avatar
Xaroc
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 5:14 pm
Location: Germany

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Xaroc » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:56 pm

It has been confirmed by a Youtuber so far that only the Oob Gift is/was available for now and the Baby Raid (with Golden Oob Gi Parts as Rewards). That is the way it's supposed to be. So whoever says he has the new Gokuu Gift is either lying or modded it in somehow.
Right now Gokuu (Mentor) can not wear the EoZ Gi (except the CPU in the Oob Story Fights).
We can only get Oob Gifts, the EoZ Gi for our CaC and the new Super Souls "Thank you, Dragon Balls!" when you Z Rank it.

Those are all legit Gifts we can currently get in this time period:

1) Goku
2) Gohan (Kid)
3) Mr. Satan
4) Whis
5) C18
6) Nappa
7) Videl
8 ) Towa
9) Oob

Other Gifts (like Santa Costumes, and the DBS Broly Coats for Gokuu and Geets) were (and will be) available at other times. Not right now.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS4)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

User avatar
Scsigs
I Live Here
Posts: 2794
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:55 am
Location: NY, USA
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Scsigs » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:52 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:49 pm
Scsigs wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:46 pm
Jackalope89 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:39 pm
Don't know what to tell ya.
What platform do you play on & when did you get Goku's Gi?
Xbox One. And I used the TP Medal store to get the things, as I don't really do Raids.

Goku's Gi came after I beat Uub and Goku in the "Fight Seriously" match. Which, without the right moveset, is a pain to deal with. Though I had to give Goku the gift (that I bought with TP Medals) first.
You keep misunderstanding what I'm saying. When I say, "Goku's Gi," I don't mean the one you unlock for your CAC. I mean the one from the TP medal shop, dude.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Post Reply