"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

YuseiFudou
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by YuseiFudou » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:52 am

God this game is just the best ever, really hoping XV3 is in the making right now! :D

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:09 am

YuseiFudou wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:52 am God this game is just the best ever, really hoping XV3 is in the making right now! :D
They said 3 would get a longer development cycle compared to 2, so I've got no doubts that it's being worked on. The majority of DLC was probably just ported from XV3, as we weren't supposed to get anything after the 4th pack. Unless this pandemic changes things, I expect XV3 to be announced later this year, maybe at Jump Festa in December.

YuseiFudou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YuseiFudou » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:23 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:09 am I expect XV3 to be announced later this year, maybe at Jump Festa in December.
I like the way you think, I like it a lot! I've put together a HUGE wishlist for XV3 and am hoping most of the things will actually be in there. I don't have any unrealistic wishes, but some of them really deserve to be in it.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:59 am

Wish #1: A more creative storyline, not involving playing through Z's canon history, where the only difference is someone getting a dark ki powerup. They did tease us with the new timeline that Tokitoki hatched, so... Hopefully this will turn out to be the case.

YuseiFudou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YuseiFudou » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:32 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:59 am Wish #1: A more creative storyline, not involving playing through Z's canon history, where the only difference is someone getting a dark ki powerup. They did tease us with the new timeline that Tokitoki hatched, so... Hopefully this will turn out to be the case.
They're most likely going to either add the rest of DB Super into the storyline, or they'll involve some more of DB Heroes' stuff which I think is the latter. Seeing how they already added Fu and sort of left his story on a cliffhanger we'll definitely see him again.
I've always liked seeing more characters from the Demon Realm, so I wouldn't mind seeing more of them as well as some more Time Breakers. :thumbup:

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:27 pm

I just hope we see more manga stuff in XV3. I'd like to see Fused Zamasu using a portal move or launching Katchin cubes. Also I want Moro.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:01 am

YuseiFudou wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:32 amThey're most likely going to either add the rest of DB Super into the storyline, or they'll involve some more of DB Heroes' stuff which I think is the latter. Seeing how they already added Fu and sort of left his story on a cliffhanger we'll definitely see him again.
I think we'll get the rest of the missing characters from both Super and Z. Due to Super still being off the air, I think it's safe to say they'll focus on heroes for the base game, and update it later with Super 2.0 DLC. There's been so much heroes content lately so filling up an entire game with it shouldn't be hard.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:45 am

I hope they change the gameplay controls and simplify/repair broken combos and make the roster and game equally playable outside of story mode.
Because I am interested in good DB simulator first, content later.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

YuseiFudou
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YuseiFudou » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:06 pm

Gameplay controls are fine, not sure what could make it better. And all things considered the game does a great job at being a DB simulator. But what do you mean by:
MCDaveG wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:45 am make the roster and game equally playable outside of story mode.
I don't really get that part, who is not playable outside of the story mode aside from the ones that are in raid bosses and giant apes?

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:29 pm

Agree with MCDave. The gameplay is kinda poor and the stamina mechanic is still horrid and needs a complete overall. The models should be improved too, they're really ugly and too plasticy.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:24 pm

It could use some refinements, no doubt. X2 was a good step in the right direction, X3 just needs to further improve.

I too would like more story content. Maybe following a LITTLE of the main DBZ story, but if it adapted some of DB Heroes storylines, I would not oppose that.

Also; more character comments for out of story fights.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:49 am

YuseiFudou wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:06 pm Gameplay controls are fine, not sure what could make it better. And all things considered the game does a great job at being a DB simulator. But what do you mean by:
MCDaveG wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:45 am make the roster and game equally playable outside of story mode.
I don't really get that part, who is not playable outside of the story mode aside from the ones that are in raid bosses and giant apes?
I meant it like that, when you go to the versus, you can not win with Saibaiman against UI Goku... because he is to weak, more so, some characters are completely useless, as the roster is basically made from the characters that play alongside you in the story mode in different eras and aren't really meant for solo play, so for some exceptions it is pointless to use them in online instead of the more powerful CaC and they aren't competitive even for versus like Budokai Tenkaichi 3 was for example and are brutally unbalanced against each other...

Not to mention, I hate this stamina system. Xenoverse 1 was bad for super armors, but this is something that completely broke off this game for me as the blocking function and combos really are not reliable, hence all the game is about is break the stamina of the opponent and obliterate him.

Outside of overall fan content and story and your own avatar, which is good (sure could be better, but it is enjoyable a lot), the game itself is pretty weak in the core as I hate to say it, Budokai Tenkaichi and Raging Blast played a lot better...
Tough I must say, that the fighting animations and swiftness of the fights got me into this series in the first place, as it was the best made Dragon Ball game before FighterZ came in.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:21 pm

So how do you think they will handle now having a stronger Trunks and CaC1 and CaC2 and either not have them solve everything or have your CaC3 go from Raditz level to their level unrealistically fast...

Have them go missing? Have you play as CaC2 from the jump via character transfer? Have you powered up by the enemies part way through the game? There's lots of creative ways but I reckon they will end up half assing it.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:47 pm

TobyS wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:21 pm So how do you think they will handle now having a stronger Trunks and CaC1 and CaC2 and either not have them solve everything or have your CaC3 go from Raditz level to their level unrealistically fast...

Have them go missing? Have you play as CaC2 from the jump via character transfer? Have you powered up by the enemies part way through the game? There's lots of creative ways but I reckon they will end up half assing it.
I'd be fine with a fakeout. Have us go to the Raditz fight but have Omega Shenron or Kid Buu suddenly show up to be like "oh crap"

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:21 pm

Well, XV2's main story ends with Tokitoki's egg hatching a new timeline. I'm hoping that rather than doing the same thing a third time, they'll have our playable character as someone who exists within the new timeline. There's no reason for the Time Patrol to get involved unless to prevent someone from meddling with it.

My ideal XV3 would have the player make choices within the story that shape the timeline. Like in one run, we might start as the timeline's replacement for Goku, but you after battling your way through the Ginyu Force, Ginyu decides he likes you, and he offers to let you take the place of Guldo. You accept, and you get the attention of Frieza. He makes you his right hand man. Frieza launches an invasion of Earth, and he trusts you to lead his forces in the offense. The Red Ribbon Army turns out to be Earth's last defense, with Gero's androids being the only ones strong enough to hold you off.

Crazy stuff like that is what I want to see.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:41 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:21 pmCrazy stuff like that is what I want to see.
I think the problem with this idea (not a bad one though) is that there's too many changes that could be made, resulting in the game being too big for them to produce. I could see them allowing us to make changes that don't have too big of an impact on the overall story though. For example, you could save Piccolo from Nappa, only for him to die against Vegeta, resulting in Namek still being able to play out as is.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:34 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:41 amI think the problem with this idea (not a bad one though) is that there's too many changes that could be made, resulting in the game being too big for them to produce. I could see them allowing us to make changes that don't have too big of an impact on the overall story though. For example, you could save Piccolo from Nappa, only for him to die against Vegeta, resulting in Namek still being able to play out as is.
Even that scenario could be tweaked just a little to make it much more interesting. Say you save Piccolo from death (perhaps at the cost of a debuff for the rest of the battle), and he survives the battle with the Saiyans. But Chiaotzu, Tien, and Yamcha still die. Some of them have already been wished back with Earth's Dragon Balls, which means that the orbs are basically useless when it comes to bringing them back. Piccolo remembers the Saiyans saying that he's a Namekian, and that leads to them taking a journey to Namek. While on Namek, Piccolo is the one who saves Dende instead of Gohan. Piccolo is, of course, outmatched, but he doesn't back down, and Frieza kills him. Events have played out differently, but they still pretty much follow the same major plot points from the anime/manga. The changes just add some extra flavor to make it feel new and interesting.

Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie

Post by Young-Jah » Fri May 01, 2020 11:37 am

Just got DBXV2 on my PS4.

Played it on my birthday, it was April 19th.

I'm 19 yrs old now.

Last night, I just unlocked Kaioken, and I was able to beat Frieza and Cooler (as it took me days of increasing my stats to beat them), then I finish the Cell arc, now I finally at the Buu arc.
It's My Boy, your Boy, his Boy! ~OSW Review HD

Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie

Post by Young-Jah » Fri May 01, 2020 3:02 pm

Plus, i just got Super Saiyan 1, 2, and 3, leveled up to lvl 42
It's My Boy, your Boy, his Boy! ~OSW Review HD

Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie

Post by Young-Jah » Sat May 02, 2020 9:19 am

Hello, anyone still online