Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
TobyS
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1254
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:11 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by TobyS » Wed May 27, 2020 6:34 pm

The trouble is Bra didn't have a shitty childhood or evil upbrining, she just chosing evil because she's a bored overpowered spoiled brat.

Which makes her a fine adversary but not worthy of redemption imo.

Also she's so much more powerfull than U18 that if she does get redeemed she'll end up hogging the spotlight.
And that wouldn't even be visually intresting as yet another dullass supersaiyan. A buu, an OC, A namek, even android Yamcha would be more interesting players. I wish she'd die and not come back till the end, but I don't see that happening now thanks to the vision I think she will be here until the end game...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7886
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by HeroR » Thu May 28, 2020 4:08 am

Kanassa wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 5:03 pm
Dbzk1999 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 3:16 pm
Kanassa wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 4:18 am


No, pretty sure the predominant reason people didn't want Kylo redeemed was because any redemption done would be underdevloped and cheap because the story has done jack shit to build it and is constantly retconning what Kylo's character was. To the point that Rise of Skywalker featured Kylo literally patting himself on the back and saying he's forgiven.
Eh? How was it retconning his character constantly? There was a lot of weird things throughout the trilogy, but If anything, his constant inner conflict and others’ attempts to redeem him was something that was pretty consistent throughout the three films (if anything, I’d say there was more of an emphasis on the possibility of redemption for him compared to how Vader was in the original trilogy)
Fionordequester wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 3:27 pm
Brikikoz wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 3:06 pm
People can forgive/ignore war criminals who kill millions easier than they can forgive someone who kills one person.

Good example is how Vegeta slaughtered planets, meaning lives into the billions, whereas Bra has killed about 7 people directly.
Context matters. Vader's path to darkness started for reasons that people can easily relate to, and Vegeta was raised in a culture that encouraged violence and villainy (in fact, Freeza probably would've killed him, if he'd refused to kill anyone).
I mean, I'd say you can't really compare the two stories here. Dragon Ball and Star Wars are rather different stories in their presentation and expectation. Evil actions matter much more to us in Star Wars than the DBZ Universe. I think it's more that Vegeta is constantly getting his shit kicked in, constantly getting that smug smirk wiped off his face and facing some form of catharsis for his evil fuck ups. So, even though he is very stable, he isn't frustrating. With Multiverse Bra, she doesn't face nearly as much humiliation, so it's frustrating to watch her do all this even if she's under mind control. Any blow against her is small and temporary in how it affects or reflects her. It also helps that Vegeta going Majin was a cornerstone of his character arc, where as with Bra it just feels like another plot point.

Spoilered because I just realized how off topic we're getting.
On the Star Wars matter:
On Multiverse, Dragon Ball tend to redeemed its villains by humbling the living hell out of them. They're bad and evil deeds always come back to bit them in the ass in the end and they tend to get missable ends or go through a time of self-reflection before turning good.

Tien, not evil but an asshole, may have won against Goku, but he only did it because of luck. Goku was overall the strongest and better fighter to the point that Tien didn't feel he deserved the win. Then Goku blew him out of the water to fight King Piccolo and just stomped Tien in his rematch.

Piccolo as a villain lost to Goku who lost the used of all of his limbs and only lived because of Goku's mercy. Then years later, the brother of his rival comes out of nowhere and just stomps his ass into the ground, and can't do anything against Nappa except die to save the son of the person he hated.

Vegeta is an entire character arc of a humiliating conga line before he finally gets redeemed with the whole thing with Majin Vegeta being his lowest point. First, he sells his soul for power something Goku said is pathetic for him. Then despite gaining all that power, he's still weaker than Goku who had a whole another Super Saiyan form and can't beat any form of Buu and it's his fault that Buu even revived. And when he did try to blow himself to make amends, it did shit, meaning that Vegeta sold his soul and gave up his life for literally nothing. And as a final kick in the balls, when he did return he was just Fusion fodder.

Even Fat Buu gets this by literally being eating by his stronger evil counterpart and then getting his flabby shit kicked in by Kid Buu that it nearly kills him.

Honestly, the only antagonist who was 'redeemed' who managed to avoid this is Beerus. And even he got karma in the Universal Survival Saga where his bad management as God of Destruction nearly got his universe destroyed along with him.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7886
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by HeroR » Thu May 28, 2020 4:10 am

Brikikoz wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 5:37 pm
If there's one thing everyone can agree on, whether it's Kylo or Vegeta...if you want a villain to be redeemed, they'd better have one strong arc.

I am giving Salagir leeway because we're still in the "evil Vegeta planet killer" phase of her arc and DBM has a long long plotline with many more characters' stories.

If DBZ had ended with, say, Freeza, Vegeta wouldn't be a fan favorite and would've died a villain with no redemption.
Personally think Vegeta dying on Namek was the perfect ending for him. And the reason why Vegeta even lived past the Saiyan Saga was because he became such a fan-favorite in Japan.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6366
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:15 pm
Location: Georgia (I wish I was in New York)

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by jjgp1112 » Fri May 29, 2020 2:22 pm

Image

Image
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World
"They say assholes grow on trees/But I'm just here to trim the leaves"
"If a girl is over 35 and not married, then she must be nuttier than squirrel shit." - Reverend Pastor Father Uncle Ruckus (no relation)

User avatar
FoolsGil
I Live Here
Posts: 4291
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by FoolsGil » Fri May 29, 2020 2:51 pm

Seriously. Someone get Vegetto, or one of the Humans to use Mafuba. Just end it already.
Dragonball Exiles Chapter One. Chapter Two In Production.

User avatar
Koitsukai
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1370
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Koitsukai » Fri May 29, 2020 3:38 pm

I can't even tell how many times I've seen Bra beat up a Gohan, a Piccolo, a Cell... not even Jiren or Moro had every bit of "luck" on their side like Bra has now. And the worst part is the writting staff thinks we don't expect Bra to do the things she's been doing for who-knows how long. And if they do, then that's even worse.

End this already, it's become just an excuse to keep doing good-looking fighting panels that lead nowhere.

User avatar
TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 262
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:55 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by TheGodfather93 » Fri May 29, 2020 5:42 pm

I laughed. Because at this point, that's all you can really do. The only good thing that came out of this page is, now that two more of the anti-Bra squad are defeated, the end of this godawful arc is just a little bit closer.
Koitsukai wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 3:38 pm
End this already, it's become just an excuse to keep doing good-looking fighting panels that lead nowhere.
And an excuse to keep removing more of Bra's clothes through some kind of battle damage. I wonder how long that's gonna go on for.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

User avatar
Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 257
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:00 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Brikikoz » Fri May 29, 2020 7:08 pm

TheGodfather93 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 5:42 pm
I laughed. Because at this point, that's all you can really do. The only good thing that came out of this page is, now that two more of the anti-Bra squad are defeated, the end of this godawful arc is just a little bit closer.
Gohan isn't defeated. He just took a punch but he's still standing, he took worse damage fighting Cell.

2 more pages for his final blow.

User avatar
Fionordequester
I Live Here
Posts: 2781
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Fionordequester » Fri May 29, 2020 7:20 pm

Brikikoz wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 7:08 pm
Gohan isn't defeated. He just took a punch but he's still standing, he took worse damage fighting Cell.

2 more pages for his final blow.
Didn't you also say that Bra would be absorbed after the spell already wore off? Well, the attempt failed, so I'm skeptical as to your "leaks".

EDIT: Your prediction was page 1400 of this thread, if anyone's curious.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5425
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:16 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri May 29, 2020 7:47 pm

Brikikoz wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 7:08 pm
TheGodfather93 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 5:42 pm
I laughed. Because at this point, that's all you can really do. The only good thing that came out of this page is, now that two more of the anti-Bra squad are defeated, the end of this godawful arc is just a little bit closer.
Gohan isn't defeated. He just took a punch but he's still standing, he took worse damage fighting Cell.

2 more pages for his final blow.
Where are you getting your “leaks” from? I’ve asked twice before. I’m beginning to assume you’re just guessing and passing it off as a spoiler.

User avatar
Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 257
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:00 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Brikikoz » Fri May 29, 2020 8:51 pm

Fionordequester wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 7:20 pm
Brikikoz wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 7:08 pm
Gohan isn't defeated. He just took a punch but he's still standing, he took worse damage fighting Cell.

2 more pages for his final blow.
Didn't you also say that Bra would be absorbed after the spell already wore off? Well, the attempt failed, so I'm skeptical as to your "leaks".

EDIT: Your prediction was page 1400 of this thread, if anyone's curious.
Never claimed anything was leaks, dude. All just predictions.

User avatar
Marco Polo
I Live Here
Posts: 2965
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:44 pm
Location: France

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Marco Polo » Fri May 29, 2020 8:58 pm

How did she hit both Gohan's forehead and the upper half of Mini-Cell (yet not his lower half) in one hit?

User avatar
Fionordequester
I Live Here
Posts: 2781
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Fionordequester » Fri May 29, 2020 11:46 pm

Brikikoz wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 8:51 pm
Never claimed anything was leaks, dude. All just predictions.
Why spoiler them, then?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5425
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:16 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat May 30, 2020 12:17 am

Brikikoz wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 8:51 pm
Fionordequester wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 7:20 pm
Brikikoz wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 7:08 pm
Gohan isn't defeated. He just took a punch but he's still standing, he took worse damage fighting Cell.

2 more pages for his final blow.
Didn't you also say that Bra would be absorbed after the spell already wore off? Well, the attempt failed, so I'm skeptical as to your "leaks".

EDIT: Your prediction was page 1400 of this thread, if anyone's curious.
Never claimed anything was leaks, dude. All just predictions.
You putting them in spoilers and just you general wording of your predictions imply otherwise

User avatar
Jack Bz
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:44 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Jack Bz » Sat May 30, 2020 9:16 am

I mean, Goten is alive, right? That's not even a spoiler, unless I'm misremembering somewhere that implied he was dead.

I hope Saligir has a really creative way that Bra is going to be defeated that will make this build up worth it. I try to ignore the pace of this thing because I generally think it flows well when reading it in one go, just the release schedule is super super slow. I hope it isn't anything to do with Vegito or Zen Buu just turning up and ending things. My favourite victory of this whole thing was old man Goku doing a warp kamehameha right in Freeza's face, it took me by surprise but was also very logical.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5425
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:16 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat May 30, 2020 11:31 am

Jack Bz wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 9:16 am
I mean, Goten is alive, right? That's not even a spoiler, unless I'm misremembering somewhere that implied he was dead.

I hope Saligir has a really creative way that Bra is going to be defeated that will make this build up worth it. I try to ignore the pace of this thing because I generally think it flows well when reading it in one go, just the release schedule is super super slow. I hope it isn't anything to do with Vegito or Zen Buu just turning up and ending things. My favourite victory of this whole thing was old man Goku doing a warp kamehameha right in Freeza's face, it took me by surprise but was also very logical.
Exactly, he is alive so I don’t know why that needs to be put in a spoiler unless there’s something he knows that we don’t.

User avatar
Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10277
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:32 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat May 30, 2020 4:36 pm

Oh for fuck's sake.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

User avatar
coola
I Live Here
Posts: 2986
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 7:33 am
Location: Poland

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by coola » Sun May 31, 2020 2:42 pm

Image
If somehow our universe Bra will be able to hold her own against U16 Bra...
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

User avatar
TobyS
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1254
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:11 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by TobyS » Sun May 31, 2020 4:13 pm

Her only chance is if she goes SS1, and Babidi is killed, U16 loses her power up and ability to control SS2 reverting to SS1.
She'd still be way stronger but close enough that she might last long enough to talk her down...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

SSJgogeto
Regular
Posts: 619
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:11 pm

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by SSJgogeto » Sun May 31, 2020 4:25 pm

Maybe she could use some "Talk No Jutsu", who knows.

Post Reply