Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheMajinRedComet
Patreon Supporter

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by TheMajinRedComet » Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:52 pm

Major Metallitron reborn!
Hiei: "So tell me - what's it like living in a constant haze of Stupidity?"
Hiei: "I know as much about games as I do puppies and huggs....Wake me up for the end of world"
Welcome to Super Vegeta's Big Bang Attack.... Welcome to Oblivion!!!
Remember "When things get weird, skip the last saga"-Chris Sabat

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:29 pm

Apparently Toei was hacked and others series like Digimon, Precure, Dragon Quest and One Piece have been affected, no notice about Super Hero for now.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:56 pm

KentMan wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:39 am They didn’t back track on Beerus being a 10 and Goku SSG being a 6. I was but a few to point out that Goku base in manga and anime were the same. And what was actually said by Whis is that they’ll be able to go toe to toe with Beerus. You can believe it when you see Vegito on how Shin compared his power to Beerus in the manga.
If you think Goku remains at 60% Beerus' power, then he also needs to be that in RoF, where the Saiyan beyond God form is said to incorporate the full power of SSj God. But if Goku and Vegeta in that movie are said to be able to take Beerus together, that would mean they should be at like 9 each in SSj Blue. That maskes SSj Blue only a 1,5x multiplier over their godly base forms.

Meanwhile in the anime Goku later gets Kaioken x20 and STILL isn't anywhere close to Beerus. It's not a mystery that they've been pushing Beerus' full power further and further away for him to serve as a benchmark for longer. It's only when Goku achieved UI that he was finally said to be comparable to Beerus' full power - but then the manga stated that even THAT wasn't enough (even though Jiren was said to be stronger than Beerus).

So yeah, as of today there's no reasonable way in fuck that you can still think base Goku is 60% of Beerus' full power lol

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:17 am

Toxin45 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:54 pm Who do you think is the secret antagonist again?
Given the last trailer ended on what looks very like a mechanical version of a Buu ball, Android 21 seems like a much more plausible option than she did before the trailer dropped - particularly if you want to extend an 'Androids-Cell' analogy for this film, since (like Cell) she's made from a collection of cells, including Majin Buu's.

Of course, it could just be a red herring, or else an incidental detail that points to an as-yet-unknowable villain.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:34 am

Magnificent Ponta wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:17 am Given the last trailer ended on what looks very like a mechanical version of a Buu ball, Android 21 seems like a much more plausible option than she did before the trailer dropped - particularly if you want to extend an 'Androids-Cell' analogy for this film, since (like Cell) she's made from a collection of cells, including Majin Buu's.
I doubt they would just re-insert a game character into the anime canon just like this. Even if a hypothetical Android 21 were to happen, I think Toriyama would probably give her a redesign and a different character.

Somehow I just don't see a FighterZ character appearing in the series in a copy&paste way. She already was in Heroes stuff too:

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:25 pm

Xeogran wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:34 am
Magnificent Ponta wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:17 am Given the last trailer ended on what looks very like a mechanical version of a Buu ball, Android 21 seems like a much more plausible option than she did before the trailer dropped - particularly if you want to extend an 'Androids-Cell' analogy for this film, since (like Cell) she's made from a collection of cells, including Majin Buu's.
I doubt they would just re-insert a game character into the anime canon just like this. Even if a hypothetical Android 21 were to happen, I think Toriyama would probably give her a redesign and a different character.

Somehow I just don't see a FighterZ character appearing in the series in a copy&paste way. She already was in Heroes stuff too:
Her checkerboard dress fit a fusion of Gamma1 and Gamma2 anyway.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:43 am

Xeogran wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:34 am I doubt they would just re-insert a game character into the anime canon just like this. Even if a hypothetical Android 21 were to happen, I think Toriyama would probably give her a redesign and a different character.
Yeah I doubt that if she shows up she'll has shit like the majin powers, much less actually be called 21.
While I don't think an adaptation of her in Super canon would be like DBFZ's, I don't see why Heroes is a point against it, this is pretty old and I think it was made before even Broly came out.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:59 am

KentMan wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:12 pm
I honestly don't know what your beef is. More importantly, since their first appearance both Beerus and Whis have been adamant about being lawful neutral. They're not bad guys. Beerus is an asshole but he's very much the definition of a punch clock hero. They believe they have no real stake in Goku and Co's and are more than comfortable with sitting on the sidelines. That's kind of their thing.

If they did intervene then there wouldn't be a show.
I would like to have it so when they need Beerus most, he reveals that they surpassed him long ago and he can't do anything to help them. Just a gag lol.

FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:30 pm
Toxin45 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:54 pm Who do you think is the secret antagonist again?
Of the movie? I personally think it'll be either a totally new weird robot creature thing made by Toriyama, a new version of Cell (dumbest option), a fusion of Gamma 1 and 2, making Gamma 3 (coolest option), or a new version of #13 (most unique option)
I hope it's a fusion of 1 & 2. Imagine them fighting adult Gottenks in the climax. And Gottenks having the time of his life and bringing back the Galactic Donuts and the Super Ghost Kamakazi's

Xeogran wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:33 pm Someone who may not have enough time to be characterized because they'll come late into the play.
Unless that someone is either an old known character, or survives beyond this movie.

Judging at how the scientist is scared when it's emerging, it should be a serious threat, since the movie will be reaching it's climax by the time it emerges.

Just my observations.
Is it possible that it's Dr. Gero?

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:40 am

Xeogran wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:34 amI doubt they would just re-insert a game character into the anime canon just like this. Even if a hypothetical Android 21 were to happen, I think Toriyama would probably give her a redesign and a different character.
Oh, for sure, I don't really think it's actually going to be her, yet - just that it seems somewhat likelier than it did before, to me, and now seems probably a little likelier than a couple of the other suggestions that have floated around (e.g., Cell's return). A month ago, I'd've just said 'nah'. Now I'm saying '...maybe?'. But at this stage, I'd say it's probably just a totally new character.

I agree that if Android 21 made it in, she'd need a rewritten personality as a matter of course, but I also figure that she'd automatically get one, simply because it would be Toriyama's writing of her, rather than that of others (which, let's be honest, didn't do an awful lot to meaningfully characterise her). However, I don't see that she'd need a redesign - both her designs ('human' and 'majin') are Toriyama originals as it is, which was one of the things I considered as a factor more in favour of her appearance.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:48 am

I'm not familiar with Android 21 aside from reading her bio (and fanart :P). It's possible Toriyama decided to reuse her since only the video game audience is familiar with her? It's crazy that Super Hero is less than a month and half away. I wonder if we'll get more information before then.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:55 am

21 was created and designed by Toriyama for DBFZ, so I don't doubt her canonization. She could be revealed to be behind this new Red Ribbon, motivated by revenge for her family's death. She could be like a Bigger Scope Villain, where she's not directly fought but it's her actions that drive the movie.

But we'll see.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:31 pm

...not speaking is Android 21 = Gamma 2 + Gamma 1.
Anyway that will mean the entire movie will be battles against Gamma 1, Gamma 2, Android 21 and Majin Android... maybe a bit too much?
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:47 pm

Not that I think 21 will be the big bad here, but in FighterZ, Android 21 wasn't quite a challenge for the boys in blue, and she was a threat only after somehow blocking their ability to use their full power.

And here, she would also not be a threat to the guys on Beerus' planet and would be dealt by the second tier fellas.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:07 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:47 pm Not that I think 21 will be the big bad here, but in FighterZ, Android 21 wasn't quite a challenge for the boys in blue, and she was a threat only after somehow blocking their ability to use their full power.

And here, she would also not be a threat to the guys on Beerus' planet and would be dealt by the second tier fellas.
Well hey.... it's a lower stakes movie starring Gohan and Piccolo. This would be the perfect opportunity in terms of threat level.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:39 am

You guys honestly think Goku won't show up at the end and defeat the big bad guy? lol

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:44 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:39 am You guys honestly think Goku won't show up at the end and defeat the big bad guy? lol
It's not that we don't think, it's that we don't hope
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:56 pm

Come to think of it, I'm surprised we don't have confirmations of Chichi and Videl yet.
You'd think they would be guaranteed considering this movie's lighter tone and focus on family.

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:56 pm

Xeogran wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:56 pm Come to think of it, I'm surprised we don't have confirmations of Chichi and Videl yet.
You'd think they would be guaranteed considering this movie's lighter tone and focus on family.
I'm sure they'll appear in a cutaway or something
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:12 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:39 am You guys honestly think Goku won't show up at the end and defeat the big bad guy? lol
We are 5 weeks to release and we have yet to see Goku or Vegeta in anything but base.

It is looking more and more likely that they won't go to Earth in this movie.

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:29 pm

I genuinely think there's zero chance that will happen, just look at the poster, Goku is nowhere to be found and I doubt he will even be on Earth this film.
This film is being hyped and marketed as "Gohan centred", with Gohan, Piccolo and Pan as protagonists while the full blooded saiyans will likely be on Beerus' planet training with their appearances being glorified cameos.

Goku stealing the win would completely undercut that and wouldn't be very satisfying on a narrative level.