Why has Goku never taught anyone how to use Kaioken, Spirit Bomb, or Instant Transmission?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Why has Goku never taught anyone how to use Kaioken, Spirit Bomb, or Instant Transmission?

Post by BWri » Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:48 am

Vijay wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:06 am
MyVisionity wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:38 pm Maybe the Earthlings' bodies just were naturally incapable of handling the strain of something like Kaio-ken.
Valid point. Cuz Saiyans home-world Planet Vegeta had 10G similar to how Kaio's planet was. So it would facilitate Goku's growth him bein Saiyan

Doubt if human bodies would or could handle or experience long-term benefit. Rmmber how Veggie trained inside Dr. Brief's Capsule using 450G, while Yamcha could barely even...haha. maybe filler but still

Maybe its predetermined Saiyan race are gifted exclusively for battle, hence their physique are gifted to handle enormous brutal training regime & power boosts.

Humans lile Muten Roshi/Tien were gifted up until Daimou Arc😅
The fact that Yamcha could even stand up in 300x gravity is a testament to his power in the anime. Don't forget how Goku struggled in much less gravity and had to work his way up to 100x. That was Yamcha's first time in anything above 10x and he handled it like a champ, without being crushed to death.

The humans are no slouches. They've managed to power up more than most of the aliens in the universe. Only aliens powered by Moro even stood a chance against them.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Re: Why has Goku never taught anyone how to use Kaioken, Spirit Bomb, or Instant Transmission?

Post by Vijay » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:58 am

BWri wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:48 am
MyVisionity wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:38 pm Maybe the Earthlings' bodies just were naturally incapable of handling the strain of something like Kaio-ken.
Valid point. Cuz Saiyans home-world Planet Vegeta had 10G similar to how Kaio's planet was. So it would facilitate Goku's growth him bein Saiyan

Doubt if human bodies would or could handle or experience long-term benefit. Rmmber how Veggie trained inside Dr. Brief's Capsule using 450G, while Yamcha could barely even...haha. maybe filler but still

Maybe its predetermined Saiyan race are gifted exclusively for battle, hence their physique are gifted to handle enormous brutal training regime & power boosts.

The fact that Yamcha could even stand up in 300x gravity is a testament to his power in the anime. Don't forget how Goku struggled in much less gravity and had to work his way up to 100x. That was Yamcha's first time in anything above 10x and he handled it like a champ, without being crushed to death.

The humans are no slouches. They've managed to power up more than most of the aliens in the universe. Only aliens powered by Moro even stood a chance against them.
Its a wonder if you think Yamcha strugglin to even stand or lift his body or even his hand to reset gravity machine is considered handlin like a champ. He was borderline croaked like a bug

I've got nothin against humans. And I dont consider dbs feats to be reliable or logical (dbs ranks along dbgt for inconsistency). But do appreciate human fighters fendin off Frieza armies in RoF

Goku mastered 100G in matter of days. Possibly within 4-5 days in his 6 days trip to Namek cuz minus his rest day/hours as his ship neared Namek

Had he got 3 years as Veggie did in Android Arc, he darn sure would've pushed beyond 500/700G

Actually its strange why he didnt bother to train that hard. Possible Goku thought him unlockin SSJ, then masterin how to transform into SSJ for 1 year along with Instant Transmission @ Yadrat is already enough. And no androids could possibly surpass him. So he didnt bothr using Space Capsule training...until it bckfired with Androids & cell bein waay too OP that he had to train 1 whole year in ROSAT

Guess thats one of the driving force why Goku didnt take trainin lightly in Afterlife hence he pushed himself waay too hard until he unlocked SSJ2, then elusive mythical SSJ3 state....

Saiya6Cit
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiya6Cit » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:42 pm

Its a wonder if you think Yamcha strugglin to even stand or lift his body or even his hand to reset gravity machine is considered handlin like a champ. He was borderline croaked like a bug
yeah about that, maybe it was just an anime filler but I immortalized the moment with this parody vid here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0Ky78wc2_k

Why has Goku never taught anyone how to use Kaioken, Spirit Bomb, or Instant Transmission?
He passed the spirit bomb to krillin for him to use it when he was too weak, is that not enough sharing? XDDDD

But seirously I think that question has been in the mind of many fans for years, it was in mine, my head canon or personal explanation goes as it follows:

Once I came to the conclusion that the reason why Goku never taught instant transmission is because not even himself was sure on how he learned it. Remember the Yardrat people used mysterious and not very well explained healing techniques and mind techniques if I remember correctly, my point here is Goku's mind was so simple that they could have somehow programmed him to do it, but not really teaching him how (yeah like "I know kung fu" type of of moment)

Goku is so brute than even if would want it, he could not. I heared Vegeta is using Instant Transmission on Yardrat in the Dragon Ball Super manga, perhaps someone could tell us more on how that went trough, I don't read or watch DBS.

About the kaioken I am pretty sure other Z warriors use it they just don't show off about it.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:20 am

Saiya6Cit wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:42 pm Goku is so brute than even if would want it, he could not. I heared Vegeta is using Instant Transmission on Yardrat in the Dragon Ball Super manga, perhaps someone could tell us more on how that went trough, I don't read or watch DBS.
Vegeta randomly learned how to teleport and used it to teleport to Earth, then arbitrarily said he couldn't do it anymore (And won't be trying to).

It's a really weird scene, and isn't even necessary, since anyone else from Yardrat could teleport him, since they could sense Goku's ki once he stopped using UI.

Either way, DB characters learn stuff off-screen all the time, most noticeably they learned Solar Flare and how to fly, both of which were Crane school techniques, while them not learning IT is more understandable, since maybe Goku isn't much of a teacher, and he says IT was difficult to learn (And he's the same guy who learned the supposedly difficult kamehameha right away), Kaioken and spirit bomb could be learned, and in fact, Tien even says he'll learn the stuff Kaio has to teach, and add a few twists of his own, but that goes nowhere:

(Chapter 261).
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

MrGohanks
Temporarily Banned

Post by MrGohanks » Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:21 am

The true answer is that Toriyama doesn't really care about any of the fighters except Goku, so he never bothered to have anyone else learn those things. There's is no in-universe reason why they didn't.

Majin Buu
Advanced Regular

Post by Majin Buu » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:54 am

MasenkoHA wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:19 am The real reason is, I think, Toriyama wanted Goku to have techniques unique to him. Pretty much everyone knew the Kamehameha at that point. Making Goku the only known master of those techniques gives him something special. Like Tenshinhan using kikoho and Yamucha using sokidan and Roga Fufu Ken and Krillin’s kienzan and Vegeta’s Big Bang and Final Flash and Galic Gun
If Vegeta's ego wasn't in the way he could stand to learn some techniques from Goku, since Vegeta's are ironically the most generic techniques of the ones you listed. They sound cool and look flashy, but aren't too impressive in how they function (like Vegeta himself a lot of the time).

Saiya6Cit
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiya6Cit » Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:20 am

Lukmendes wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:20 am
Saiya6Cit wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:42 pm Goku is so brute than even if would want it, he could not. I heared Vegeta is using Instant Transmission on Yardrat in the Dragon Ball Super manga, perhaps someone could tell us more on how that went trough, I don't read or watch DBS.
Vegeta randomly learned how to teleport and used it to teleport to Earth, then arbitrarily said he couldn't do it anymore (And won't be trying to).

It's a really weird scene, and isn't even necessary, since anyone else from Yardrat could teleport him, since they could sense Goku's ki once he stopped using UI.

Either way, DB characters learn stuff off-screen all the time, most noticeably they learned Solar Flare and how to fly, both of which were Crane school techniques, while them not learning IT is more understandable, since maybe Goku isn't much of a teacher, and he says IT was difficult to learn (And he's the same guy who learned the supposedly difficult kamehameha right away), Kaioken and spirit bomb could be learned, and in fact, Tien even says he'll learn the stuff Kaio has to teach, and add a few twists of his own, but that goes nowhere:

(Chapter 261).
Mmmm... I do remember hearing about that.

Some people inlcuding me think that Vegeta was capable to do that due to some sort of memory in the subconcious part of his brain, as a sequel (side effect9 of having ever fusioned with Goku at some point. It makes sense to me but....who knows.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:24 pm

Majin Buu wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:54 am If Vegeta's ego wasn't in the way he could stand to learn some techniques from Goku, since Vegeta's are ironically the most generic techniques of the ones you listed. They sound cool and look flashy, but aren't too impressive in how they function (like Vegeta himself a lot of the time).
Moro points out in the Super manga that Big Bang Attack is a really simple attack to have such a grandiose name lol.

Another point about Vegeta not being impressive in stuff he uses is that he likes to throw a lot of ki blasts (To the point when Fat Buu uses it, Goku says it's Vegeta's technique, and ironically, Vegeta didn't use it against Buu), which, never seem to do any real damage, he's just wasting time and power when using 'em in general.
Saiya6Cit wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:20 am Mmmm... I do remember hearing about that.

Some people inlcuding me think that Vegeta was capable to do that due to some sort of memory in the subconcious part of his brain, as a sequel (side effect9 of having ever fusioned with Goku at some point. It makes sense to me but....who knows.
That could actually make sense, in the manga's ToP version, Vegeta even briefly uses Spirit Sword to save himself from a ringout
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:25 pm

I always thought it was a combination of Goku not being that attentive, not having enough time and nobody asking him to teach it to them. The Z cast is sorta prideful, too, I don't see Tenshinhan asking Goku to teach him Kaioken. They do copy techniques, but they hardly ask how to do them.
So, a combination of their personalities and the fact that humans might not be able to withstand the toll of KK. Yamcha trained under 300G but that was filler, Toriyama never had earthlings deal with more than 10G. Maybe they could deal with a low level KK, and who is to say they haven't been doing so for the past arcs? or, it might not be worth the effort, the toll on the body at the exchange of just twice or thrice the boost while also never fighting anybody that deserves the technique. They would need a really high KK to actually be relevant, and not even Goku can take that.

I do believe that Tenshinhan's improved Kiko Ho works under some KK principles.
Piccolo does have the material to use KK, specially after merging with Kami, and having Nail inside him, too.

Genki Dama has its downsides, you need to be completely open and it takes some time. It could've worked against Cell, while Gohan was holding him down, Ten could've just thrown him a genki dama, lol.
Maybe it's not for everyone? not everybody can control external genki as easily as Goku. I'll say this, Piccolo on Namek could've used the genki dama, while Goku was fighting Freeza he could've been creating it on the side.

Shunkanido was already tough as nails to learn for Goku, so he teaching that to others seems a difficult task.

BWri

Post by BWri » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:40 pm

Vijay wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:58 am
BWri wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:48 am

Of course I do, because Goku struggled about as much in 20x gravity which puts Yamcha's feat of 300x at 15x what Goku, a full blooded Saiyan could do only about a year before. I'd consider being able to move in 300x gravity without dying a great achievement, especially for a human. It stands to reason, that if Yamcha could move that much in 300x then 100x would be nearly a breeze for him.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

nhienphan2808
Beyond Newbie

Post by nhienphan2808 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:03 am

Goku was never a teacher. Nobody asked him to teach them anything and he wouldn't.
ShadowWolf87 wrote:Freeza beat Goku, beat Vegeta, and destroyed the Earth. Even if no one else knows it, who does? Goku.
Who gets told it's his fault for being so careless? Goku.
Who has to live with that similar to how he wanted to make Freeza live with the fact he'd been beaten by what he considered trash, and have to live with that shame? Goku.
Freeza got the perfect revenge.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:13 am

nhienphan2808 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:03 am Goku was never a teacher. Nobody asked him to teach them anything and he wouldn't.
Rip Gohan, Goten, Trunks, Pan, Uub

Goku was indirectly responsible for those characters attaining/realizing their true strengths

nhienphan2808
Beyond Newbie

Post by nhienphan2808 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:50 pm

Vijay wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:13 am
nhienphan2808 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:03 am Goku was never a teacher. Nobody asked him to teach them anything and he wouldn't.
Rip Gohan, Goten, Trunks, Pan, Uub

Goku was indirectly responsible for those characters attaining/realizing their true strengths
"Indirectly" lol.
Gohan gets stronger when he's angry : Ask Piccolo since saiyan Saga. Goku failed to understand his motivation in the same arc.
Goten and Trunks : he taught them FD because they are the only ones available. Still doesnt mean he could make them warriors and understand that they are never to fight.
Pan : Piccolo trained her lol.
Uub : Goku is at the end of his journey, even him would learn something about teaching people that are not his family at that point.
ShadowWolf87 wrote:Freeza beat Goku, beat Vegeta, and destroyed the Earth. Even if no one else knows it, who does? Goku.
Who gets told it's his fault for being so careless? Goku.
Who has to live with that similar to how he wanted to make Freeza live with the fact he'd been beaten by what he considered trash, and have to live with that shame? Goku.
Freeza got the perfect revenge.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:45 am

As most people have said, it’s probably due to a combination of factors.

After fighting Vegeta, Goku always had a goal to achieve, which requires dedication, beating Freeza, learning teleportation, beating androids, and he was dead for most of Boo arc. After defeating Majin Boo you could say he may have had the time to finally teach some of these techniques, but almost everyone else besides Vegeta and Piccolo were living ordinary people stuff, so they probably couldn’t conciliate such a difficult challenge with their lives. Vegeta was too proud to take this help, but I think Piccolo could have seized a chance to learn one or two things if Goku was willing to teach him. Maybe he still kept some warrior pride? Who knows.

So, when Goku is seen training Pan and when he lefts to train Oob, it’s likely due to him becoming the strongest in the universe and the kids having plenty time, interest, and potential to challenge him one day. A promise that is probably crossing Beerus’ mind right now in relation to Goku and Vegeta.

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:53 pm

Would anyone else have wanted to learn any of these techniques? Goku, Krillin, Yamcha, and Tien took Roshi on as a teacher. So, all learned how to do a kamehameha, from Roshi as that's his signature move. The only other move that gets shared is the Solar Flare.

Gohan learns two attacks from his masters. One of which OtherGohan teaches OtherTrunks.

Only other reason is: a toriyama didn't make it happen. yet.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Pafupafu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pafupafu » Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:27 am

I think certain specialty techniques are just bound to their original users to share, possibly just on a level of respect.

Kaio’s techniques are unique. Kaio-ken is known to be a very dangerous technique in its relevant multiples. Genki Dama I think is just the one technique Kaio had in his back pocket and entrusted it to Goku only.

When it comes to instantaneous movement, I think Yardrat is the only real place to learn and perfect that type of unique power. The Super manga somewhat alludes to that.

The outlier is the Fusion technique, but it does inherently exist as a power that is meant to be shared so that it can be properly used by a duo.

Bottom line though - if they give Goku a competitive advantage, why share them?

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:47 pm

Pafupafu wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:27 am The outlier is the Fusion technique, but it does inherently exist as a power that is meant to be shared so that it can be properly used by a duo.

Bottom line though - if they give Goku a competitive advantage, why share them?
And Fusion is arguably the best technique Goku could have taught someone else and it’s very easy to teach, despite requiring a lot of sync to perform it successfully, which makes his approach quite reasonable in Boo Arc, when he thought he couldn’t help them save the universe anymore.