Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Issei189
Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by Issei189 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:13 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:59 pm
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:53 am From official account:

https://twitter.com/DB_super2015/status ... bZGxziRlkQ

DBS: Broly will premiere on Fuji TV on 16th April, after this, a special video explaining the highlights of the DBS: SUPER HERO will be broadcasted.
Japanese Animation TV Ranking, April 11-17

The Dragon Ball Super: Broly film aired on Fuji TV on Saturday, April 16 at 9:00 p.m. and it earned a 5.6% rating, performing exactly Dragon Ball Super average rating.
So how much is that in viewership ?

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:47 am

Issei189 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:13 pm

Not sure on the exact numbers but the audience share of 5.6% is good for a movie thats been available to watch by other means(DVD,streaming.etc) for years now and is rebroadcasting in a late slot. For comparison SpyxFamily which has been a hyped anime adaptation had a 2.7% audience share in the same weekend also in a late time slot.

Issei189
Beyond Newbie

Post by Issei189 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:45 am

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:47 am
Issei189 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:13 pm

Not sure on the exact numbers but the audience share of 5.6% is good for a movie thats been available to watch by other means(DVD,streaming.etc) for years now and is rebroadcasting in a late slot. For comparison SpyxFamily which has been a hyped anime adaptation had a 2.7% audience share in the same weekend also in a late time slot.
Alright, Thanks for explaining this to me

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:01 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:23 pm Really... no, Dragon ball GT was technically canon until it was eventually made clear that it wasn't anymore..
No, GT was never by any means in any moment, meant to be canon, if you say it was, it was a general consensus of the fandom, but it's inclusion in the chronology was never been put in the top of official mouths, producer Kōzō Morishita already stated of it being a original story not made by Toriyama, separate from the manga, a side-story, and that during it's production.
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:27 pm

I want to ask something that can may be pretty dumb or out of time to ask, it's pretty related to the movie and also isn't.
Is there any of chance of Granola and Moro not getting a Animated adaptation? Like, Super Hero is released,, then later, the anime returns, but it skips Granola and Moro and it actually starts from a completelly new arc setting after the Super Hero movie, is that possible?
I've made a theory 1 year ago, that the chronology of Dragon Ball Super and the series onwards, would take the multi-media route, Resurrection 'F' doesn't have a manga counterpart in it's entirety, but okay, we got the anime adaptation, but starting from Super Broly, the things started to "change", no manga adaptation of a even single scene of the film, just that small summary between the Top and Moro, and no anime adaptation till this point, Moro arc started almost 4 years ago, and there are absolutely 0 clues of it and Granola getting animated adaptations, and Super Hero as well, nothing is leading to a manga counter-part of the movie, so my thoughts were, after the ToP/End of Super anime, if fans would like to still follow up the canon of the series, then they would need obligatory to consume 3 types of media, manga, anime and movie, so this would be the case: Anime (Super anime) > Movie (Super Broly) > Manga (Moro and Granola) > Movie again (Super Hero) > and so it goes.
Multi-media isn't something rare to see nowadays, Marvel's MCU chronology is following this route since 2020 after the end of Phase 3, there are the movies and the streaming series, both canon.
Is that possible? Or everything I've said is totally meaningless bs and the adaptation of these arcs is actually unavoidable? Not that I wouldn't like them being adapted, I'm just want to kill my doubt, Forgive me if this is not the right thread to ask something like that
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:05 pm

Rafa Fast wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:27 pm I want to ask something that can may be pretty dumb or out of time to ask, it's pretty related to the movie and also isn't.
Is there any of chance of Granola and Moro not getting a Animated adaptation? Like, Super Hero is released,, then later, the anime returns, but it skips Granola and Moro and it actually starts from a completelly new arc setting after the Super Hero movie, is that possible?
I've made a theory 1 year ago, that the chronology of Dragon Ball Super and the series onwards, would take the multi-media route, Resurrection 'F' doesn't have a manga counterpart in it's entirety, but okay, we got the anime adaptation, but starting from Super Broly, the things started to "change", no manga adaptation of a even single scene of the film, just that small summary between the Top and Moro, and no anime adaptation till this point, Moro arc started almost 4 years ago, and there are absolutely 0 clues of it and Granola getting animated adaptations, and Super Hero as well, nothing is leading to a manga counter-part of the movie, so my thoughts were, after the ToP/End of Super anime, if fans would like to still follow up the canon of the series, then they would need obligatory to consume 3 types of media, manga, anime and movie, so this would be the case: Anime (Super anime) > Movie (Super Broly) > Manga (Moro and Granola) > Movie again (Super Hero) > and so it goes.
Multi-media isn't something rare to see nowadays, Marvel's MCU chronology is following this route since 2020 after the end of Phase 3, there are the movies and the streaming series, both canon.
Is that possible? Or everything I've said is totally meaningless bs and the adaptation of these arcs is actually unavoidable? Not that I wouldn't like them being adapted, I'm just want to kill my doubt, Forgive me if this is not the right thread to ask something like that
The Moro and Granolah arcs don’t seem to be much of a priority for the people at Toei or Bandai at the moment. At this point, I’d be surprised if they received anime adaptations. Of course, I’d be surprised if the anime comes back at all. It’s been four years now, and there hasn’t been a single drop of legitimate news about it.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:26 pm

Rafa Fast wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:27 pmMulti-media isn't something rare to see nowadays, Marvel's MCU chronology is following this route since 2020 after the end of Phase 3, there are the movies and the streaming series, both canon.
Is that possible?
I think you are talking about a continuity being made up of works distributed in different media, is that right? If so, that's a pretty common thing from more than a decade ago (as far as my knowledge goes), at the very least.

We even see games included in a continuity made up of a TV series and/or comic books, we have a few examples out there (and Dragon Ball may be one of them). So yes, that's perfectly possible. If that's what you're asking about.

I don't know if it's their intention to follow on this path, movies doing their own thing, then the anime and manga having to "make do", sometimes by retelling the movie, sometimes continuing the series without the other one or two media... But I can't see them using the movies for their own thing, and then having the anime and manga telling their own stories... I think at some point they will try to set things the way they were back then (not before headaches are properly established, that is!).
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:44 am

Rafa Fast wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:01 pm
Tai Lung wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:23 pm Really... no, Dragon ball GT was technically canon until it was eventually made clear that it wasn't anymore..
No, GT was never by any means in any moment, meant to be canon, if you say it was, it was a general consensus of the fandom, but it's inclusion in the chronology was never been put in the top of official mouths, producer Kōzō Morishita already stated of it being a original story not made by Toriyama, separate from the manga, a side-story, and that during it's production.
That’s not how canon works…
Thats like saying Rogue One or Fantastic Beasts aren’t canon.

Them being side stories to the main story just means “this also happened” not this didn’t happen.

Jord
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jord » Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:27 am

Nice design actually. Makes sense.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:59 am

Rafa Fast wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:27 pm I want to ask something that can may be pretty dumb or out of time to ask, it's pretty related to the movie and also isn't.
Honestly, from a business standopoint, it doesn't seem to make any sense to not adapt Moro and Granolah. TOEI would have at their disposal two full /completed story arcs never seen before in animation format, both outlined by the original creator (it's unclear if Moro had a proper outline but we know about it having direct imput from Toriyama anyway), with new characters and transformations which is just free merchandise for them. Uchida also said he was expecting a cool VA for Moro once the anime adapts the arc. The only thing holding it seems to be the fact that the TV series has not returned yet for some reason

I mean, I guess it COULD happen, but I don't think it makes any sense and it's not the same as skipping the movies since movies already got a proper adaptation in a better format and usually just get a new adaption in the anime format to create a sense of continuity

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:45 pm

Jord wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:27 am
Is that official?

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:06 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:45 pm
Is that official?
No, it's just a fan art.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:46 pm

Issei189 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:13 pmSo how much is that in viewership ?
I don't know the exact number but I remember reading that Demon Slayer season 2 premiered with a 9.2% rating and watched by 4.7 million households. A 5.6% rating would probably be a little more than half of that.

Jord

Post by Jord » Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:53 am

Gt91 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:06 pm
WittyUsername wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:45 pm

Is that official?
The fan did a great job though. It looks official.

No, it's just a fan art.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:37 am

We can either expect some new bio warrior like Cell coming out of the tank, or it will be like the hatred generating machine in the gaiden that created Hatchihyaku in that it generates energy and boosts Gamma androids with it.

Damn, I will get spoilered anyway as the movie will get to me with one year delay as usual. But at least, looking forward to visuals.
Looks like Legends on phones is gearing up towards the movie with promoting Trunks and Androids from TV Special, so I bet that at least Gamma and updated characters will get released eventually and wonder, how will the cross promo look in other games...
Dokkan as well, although I don't play this one.
Might be the rumored Kakarot DLC linked to this somehow? But the rumors says different
FighterZ is probably done at this point and there is already like the max full roster (and we already had revived RR of sorts in story mode anyway :lol: ).
Xenoverse 2 is a sure bet that it will get something from costumes to maybe one new character and maybe, PQs linked to the movie theme, as it now encompasses the whole Super series as well, from Beerus to Broly.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:42 am

MCDaveG wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:37 am

FighterZ is probably done at this point and there is already like the max full roster (and we already had revived RR of sorts in story mode anyway :lol: ).
I hope either its done with dlc or they are working on a sequel it would be crazy not to follow up on that especially since Bandai has a history with DB of doing sequels sometimes even a trilogy if a game sells well.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:35 am

It seems like Gammas don’t have English voices in Legends. I guess it’ll be a while before we hear any news about the movie dub.

It’s a far cry from back when DBS was airing and every new character had their English debut in Xenoverse 2. Some like the U6 and FT characters were cast like a year out from their appearance on the show. Hit even had a completely different voice actor.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:42 am

It kinda blows my mind that they released Gamma 1 and 2 as mute characters for the English dub version of Legends. :lol:

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:53 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:42 am It kinda blows my mind that they released Gamma 1 and 2 as mute characters for the English dub version of Legends. :lol:
I know right? When Broly was coming out they had English trailers release in tandem with Japanese ones. None of that for Super Hero.