Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:48 pm

TheRed259 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:16 pm Does anyone else think that the voices of Whis and Broly were sounding kinda weird in this movie?
dub or sub voices?

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:59 pm

Charles Martinet? I was not expecting that. Also, has Elise Baughman just stopped voicing Pan? She voiced her in the Xenoverse games, so I assumed she was still working with Funi, but then again, those were a while ago at this point.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:05 pm

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:48 pm
TheRed259 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:16 pm Does anyone else think that the voices of Whis and Broly were sounding kinda weird in this movie?
dub or sub voices?
I am talking about the original Japanese version of course. The English dub hasn't come out yet in theaters.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:09 pm

The day Dragon Ball has such clout it can land an actor who shares a role with the legendary Christopher Pratt. The times we live in!

In all seriousness, Charles Martinet is a cool, unexpected get. The whole cast looks good with the exception of the guy voicing Carmine- I don’t know him from anything but if that line in the trailer was his then it was really dodgy-sounding. But that could just be taken out of context.

I remember thinking a while back that Justin Briner would have been perfect for Dr Hedo- it’s a shame Sabat kept trying to plug him into little bit parts instead of waiting for something with more substance. But instead they got the other guy who plays the goody-two shoes lead in a major current shonen so all good. I can really hear the Tanjiro voice-breaking in that “HOLY CRAP” at the end.

Lastly, will this be Eric Vale’s first time voicing a fusion? If so that’s a fun milestone.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:22 pm

TheRed259 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:05 pm
ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:48 pm
dub or sub voices?
I am talking about the original Japanese version of course. The English dub hasn't come out yet in theaters.
sorry havent seen the new trailer so i didnt know if they had a small voice clip to go off of or not

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:04 pm

Yes, they seemed very phoned in.

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:56 pm

Please tell me you're not judging the audio of the movie before actually watching it in adequate quality.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:21 pm

Kataphrut wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:09 pm The day Dragon Ball has such clout it can land an actor who shares a role with the legendary Christopher Pratt. The times we live in!

In all seriousness, Charles Martinet is a cool, unexpected get. The whole cast looks good with the exception of the guy voicing Carmine- I don’t know him from anything but if that line in the trailer was his then it was really dodgy-sounding. But that could just be taken out of context.

I remember thinking a while back that Justin Briner would have been perfect for Dr Hedo- it’s a shame Sabat kept trying to plug him into little bit parts instead of waiting for something with more substance. But instead they got the other guy who plays the goody-two shoes lead in a major current shonen so all good. I can really hear the Tanjiro voice-breaking in that “HOLY CRAP” at the end.

Lastly, will this be Eric Vale’s first time voicing a fusion? If so that’s a fun milestone.
The person that voices carmine is the new voice for megaton in the new transformer cartoon

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:48 am

FlpShimizu wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:56 pm Please tell me you're not judging the audio of the movie before actually watching it in adequate quality.
Phoned in means to do something in a perfunctory way or with little interest, not to voice a character through a phone lol. Broly did sound weird when talking calmly.

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:32 pm

mute_proxy wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:48 am
FlpShimizu wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:56 pm Please tell me you're not judging the audio of the movie before actually watching it in adequate quality.
Phoned in means to do something in a perfunctory way or with little interest, not to voice a character through a phone lol. Broly did sound weird when talking calmly.
Oh, I know. I just think it's premature to reach any conclusions at this point.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:46 pm

I'm not sure if anyone can verify this - has any translators talked about this?

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:58 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:59 pm Charles Martinet? I was not expecting that. Also, has Elise Baughman just stopped voicing Pan? She voiced her in the Xenoverse games, so I assumed she was still working with Funi, but then again, those were a while ago at this point.
She voices Pan in the legends mobile game that came out after XV although i dont play it so i don know if its new voice clips or recycled ones.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:17 pm

Bardock God of Time wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:46 pm I'm not sure if anyone can verify this - has any translators talked about this?
He didn't say wouldn't have, he said even they might not have. Just means even they'd have trouble.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:53 pm

it's also possible he's talking about Goku\Vegeta not being able to defeat him ALONE

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:27 pm

Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

CodeOfMe

Post by CodeOfMe » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:33 pm

One thing I haven't seen anyone mention was them actually showing us dragon ball fights in real time with Future Trunks killing Freeza, I thought it was neat, since most of the time we just have to accept that dragon ball fights are slowed down for us.
Go over time and space...

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:15 pm

I live!

Surprised at how decent that camrip was, and props to the anonymous translator, too. They're the real heroes :clap: .
A mostly good movie, I'd definitely watch it again in non-potato quality in en environment where I can confidently say I'm not gonna be exposed to a Big World Virus.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:59 am

Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Meito

Post by Meito » Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:02 am

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:59 am
Anyway, I haven't had this much fun since BoG. You can feel that Toriyama was heavily involved. On a side note, I felt that some scenes in the film were too rushed, so I hope they will release an uncut version with more content in DVD/Blu-Ray.