Dragon Ball Daima (2024)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Daima (2024)

Post by Rafa Fast » Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:55 pm

Sorry, I don't understand very much about video games, can someone explain to me what will make this series different from being like a "JRPG" please? I tried researching what the term means and from what I understand it doesn't seem to sound like something the series hasn't done before
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

Salt-sensei

Post by Salt-sensei » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:07 pm

Rafa Fast wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:55 pm Sorry, I don't understand very much about video games, can someone explain to me what will make this series different from being like a "JRPG" please? I tried researching what the term means and from what I understand it doesn't seem to sound like something the series hasn't done before
I'm not really an expert on JRPGs, but I felt like the Daima trailer had a "Chrono Trigger" or "Dragon Quest" vibe to it, with those landscapes and new locations, it might be because Toriyama also worked in both CT and DQ tho.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:53 pm

Cant remeber if it was brought up...but to add to the baby vs small size debate. Yamucha has scars...dont know how it took me that long to realize it :lol:

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:05 pm

It being small instead of baby would explain why Goku can't fly/fight normally anymore, since 4 year old Pan can fly laps around the entire planet.

We might be putting more thought into it than Toriyama did though LOL

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:35 pm

Maybe is not a wish, maybe the whole Shenlong part is bait and the cause of the plot is actual Evil Magic?

I cant think of a wish to Shenlong that makes sense that would cause everyone to become a kid but make Trunks and Goten babies, on top of that Maron looks older than them...

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:42 pm

I wonder if Goku will receive some new transformation related to Demon Realm.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:23 pm

If this takes place before Battle of Gods and everyone becomes a kid, I guess Kibito and Shin are separated because there was never a kid version of Kibitoshin to begin with.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:50 pm

TheRed259 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:23 pm If this takes place before Battle of Gods and everyone becomes a kid, I guess Kibito and Shin are separated because there was never a kid version of Kibitoshin to begin with.
Thats an interesting take. Will be interesting to see how they become adults again too. I'm going with the spell rout.

It's also interesting how there is no sign of fat buu

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:49 pm

Anything related to that specific element has been confusing so far
Goku, Vegeta, Bulma and Chichi look like smaller versions of themselves
Gyumao for some reason is using his old helmet again
Kaioshin and Kibito are kids even though Kaioshins are meant to be adults since birth AFAIK
Goten and Trunks indeed are younger, because now they're literally babies, Trunks even got his Cell saga bonnet again
Marron is...not a baby?
Puer, Oolong, Yamcha, Piccolo and 18...idk
Roshi and Mr. Satan really appear younger

Also, I don't think the cast will know what made them younger, maybe Shenlong will be summoned by them so they can make the wish to know who was responsible for the spell

Edit: Is this supposed to be Kuririn's pants remaining the same size?
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:48 am

Looks adorable, but it bothers me they’ve just made Goten and Trunks grow up just to make them babies. But I get it, would be weird if they were the same age as everyone else.

I’m thinking this is a side story that ignores Super. No Beerus, Whis, Broly. Makes sense since SH left a huge plot thread hanging, 1 year from EoZ and Goku as far as ever from becoming the strongest. If this does just pick up from the Boo Saga, then good riddance.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:05 am

funrush wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:40 pm How do you guys feel about the theory that this is more of a fun little spinoff than an actual continuation of Dragon Ball? (eg. Naruto Rock Lee series or Attack on Titan high school)
That's what I've been thinking. It seems unlikely SH would be last in the Super continuity since it wasn't very conclusive. I assumed it's ending would at least transition to EoZ or right before. I guess if the next manga arc is the last then it would be starting almost a year before Daima. I still think Toriyama would want to have one final movie in the Super continuity which probably wouldn't be announced until after this series.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:12 am

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:48 am Looks adorable, but it bothers me they’ve just made Goten and Trunks grow up just to make them babies. But I get it, would be weird if they were the same age as everyone else.

I’m thinking this is a side story that ignores Super. No Beerus, Whis, Broly. Makes sense since SH left a huge plot thread hanging, 1 year from EoZ and Goku as far as ever from becoming the strongest. If this does just pick up from the Boo Saga, then good riddance.
Piccolo was 3 or 4 years old in the 23rd Martial Art Tournament, yet he didn't look like a kid.
Goten and Trunks looks as old as Marron, even though Marron is way younger.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:29 am

YamiGoku wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:35 pm Maybe is not a wish, maybe the whole Shenlong part is bait and the cause of the plot is actual Evil Magic?

I cant think of a wish to Shenlong that makes sense that would cause everyone to become a kid but make Trunks and Goten babies, on top of that Maron looks older than them...
I'm guessing they just summon Shenlong to ask what happened and how they can reverse it, and that's what kickstarts the adventure. They're on God's lookout multiple times in the trailer.

If the babyfication were done by Shenlong, he'd also have the power to undo it.

Kepiaschkz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kepiaschkz » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:33 am

I think Whis indeed does appear ! Ok his eyes are blue and not purple but that won't be the first time they mess with established color scheme.

I'm intrigued by the kinda evil Zeno we see at the beginning of the teaser. I wonder if it will be him or the supposed makaioshin next to him that will be be the true villain.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:22 am

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:48 am Looks adorable, but it bothers me they’ve just made Goten and Trunks grow up just to make them babies. But I get it, would be weird if they were the same age as everyone else.
Actually, that would make it more interesting and allow them to fight alongside the rest of the cast inside of essentially being written out as competent fighters, like Super did.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:57 am

Skar wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:05 am
funrush wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:40 pm How do you guys feel about the theory that this is more of a fun little spinoff than an actual continuation of Dragon Ball? (eg. Naruto Rock Lee series or Attack on Titan high school)
That's what I've been thinking. It seems unlikely SH would be last in the Super continuity since it wasn't very conclusive. I assumed it's ending would at least transition to EoZ or right before. I guess if the next manga arc is the last then it would be starting almost a year before Daima. I still think Toriyama would want to have one final movie in the Super continuity which probably wouldn't be announced until after this series.
If Super had ended properly then my reaction to this would have been a bit more positive but as of now it just feels like a complete waste of time.

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:35 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:57 am If Super had ended properly then my reaction to this would have been a bit more positive but as of now it just feels like a complete waste of time.
What are you talking about?

Super did end properly.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:48 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:57 am
Skar wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:05 am
If Super had ended properly then my reaction to this would have been a bit more positive but as of now it just feels like a complete waste of time.
DBS Super Heroes movie makes Goku look like a total fool, who doesn't deserve UI at all. Totally clueless about meditation.
Goku deserved to lose against Vegeta in that movie. Goku didn't look like a master or pro at all.

In the manga Goku can use UI at will and use UI without transforming, something Anime Goku hasn't demonstrated at all.
Psajdak wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:35 pm
ZombieVito wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:57 am If Super had ended properly then my reaction to this would have been a bit more positive but as of now it just feels like a complete waste of time.
What are you talking about?

Super did end properly.

Goku can't use UI at will in the anime. Goku mentions that after the ToP.
In the Broly movie Goku can't use UI, he fails to turn into that form.
In DBS Super Heroes he is a clown. A total amateur that shouldn't have been written like that.

Right now Manga Goku > Anime Goku by a lot.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:17 pm

Psajdak wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:35 pm What are you talking about?

Super did end properly.
No it didn't.

Goku still hasn't mastered UI and Freeza is still alive.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:18 pm

Do you think them turning small could be because of a height complex the new villain has? That seems to be a thing Toriyama likes doing (and mentioned in his message about Goku having to use power poll because of his height specifically)

Also, Frieza coming back to earth like: