Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TobyS
I Live Here

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by TobyS » Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:09 pm

Xeogran wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:30 am Well, it wasn't the last episode, but probably the longest one to date yet :shock:
Majin Ozotto HYPE~! :twisted:
Yeah people were saying it was cancelled but I guess not!
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:58 pm

Damn, Yamcha got snubbed AGAIN.

And not even because of any real external factors. He was all set to get married. Unfortunately he hit the snag of being a mortal human with a small lifespan compared to the cosmic entities of the multiverse.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:07 pm

GT on steroids was literally oneshot by Beerus' bitch, dayuuuummm

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:09 pm

Didn't expect them to give us a clear winner between UI Goku vs SSJ4 Goku. I like it.
As for the continuation, as long as they have stories to tell I assume they will continue until the TV anime comes back.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

nineko
Beyond Newbie

Post by nineko » Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:56 am

Alright, I get it, hoping that Yamcha could find love is a lost cause.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:06 pm

50th Episode:

- Bardock's motivational speech was cheesy but still epic and gave me chills.

- Aios reconciling with Chronoa was nice, I knew from the beginning she wasn't truly evil.

- A villain being eliminated in a beam struggle and Goku wanting more fights after the climax is typical Dragon Ball fashion.

- I believe Goku using his tail in combat as SSJ4 was unexpected and unique since I don't remember him doing that in GT.

- Mutenroshi vs. Son Gohan is probably the most underrated extra fight (I would have loved to see more about that).

- Hit's comments after Yamcha found out he had to wait 1200 years to get married were priceless!

- Did Goku ever use MUI before in this series? IIRC he only used Sign, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, it was cool that he managed to use MUI at the last moment to win his fight.

- You know, for me, they could end the series right here, being the fiftieth episode, it has a vibe of everything resolving, especially with the final fight being Goku vs. Goku... but well, we already have the preview of the next episode and it seems like next time the threat will be on Earth. Excited to know what other craziness and randomness Heroes is willing to show us.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:01 pm

My head hurt after watching that low quality CGI and it's endless camera movement :x
What have they done to my Heroes... :cry:

DB in 2023 and beyond deserves so much better than this...
If this will be still airing alongside Daima next year, then that will be one freaking big cognitive dissonance :crazy:

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:54 pm

Finally, visuals to match the quality of the story.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:40 pm

That was... something. Kinda felt like I was watching an in-game cutscene, to be honest. Which isn't an inherently bad stylistic choice, it just feels weird after 50 episodes of "regular" animation. The episode itself really wasn't very captivating though, I almost felt like I was watching some kind of presentation. "This is Majin Ozotto. He has these powers. He has done these things. He is this powerful." That kind of energy.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:38 am

It does look like a video game cutscene. I wonder if it is taken directly from the games to save time? I assume most of the animators are busy with Daima and other Toei projects.

nineko
Beyond Newbie

Post by nineko » Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:54 am

I can't believe we waited two months for this.

Actually, I can, but... :(

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:23 am

Skar wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:38 am It does look like a video game cutscene. I wonder if it is taken directly from the games to save time? I assume most of the animators are busy with Daima and other Toei projects.
I don't think animators from Daima ever were on Heroes or at least not in an important compacity.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:22 pm

I'd be more put off if there wasn't a manga that already was better and won't suffer a change in art style presumably
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:50 am

Well, that was sure something, if the fandom was already mad because of Daima then I can't even imagine how it is now, already saw many saying that the franchise is dying or in decline, like, man, I agree that 2023 definitely is not the best year for DB, but lol, the franchise has seen worse times, DB fans being emotional as always and as expected.

I was already expecting that the animation wouldn't be very good, but damn, the whole budget must have been used to pay the voice actors and that's it, the CGI trailers Heroes got for years at least had well made fights, here it's pretty much the tipical poorly animated gif fights from the animes but in 3D, and yeah, it's the graphics of the arcade game, same models and everything, Gohan is still his old model that is borrowed from DBZ3 :lol:
Xenoverse 1 is from 2015 and its cutscenes look miles better than this, so I already understood and accepted that they don't want to make it look good and give more time to deliver something that looks well made.

But it seems that this japanese amateur SFM is supposed to be just a cutscene movie, while the regular 2D animated series will be back as Yamamuro said that his team is going to take a break, but that's weird, that info was revealed just recently, saw many speculating that it could be because of Daima, but the development of the animation for DBD started around late 2022 according to Ajay, idk, I don't know what to say about any of this lol.
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:58 am

sangofe wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:23 amI don't think animators from Daima ever were on Heroes or at least not in an important compacity.
Ah ok. I read that the animators were taking a break from Heroes so I assumed some might've been working on Daima. Maybe another new anime from Toei coming out soon?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:37 pm

So... no date for episode 51, right?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:55 pm

Jesus, I usually avoid fan animations because I dont like the 3D animation, OCs and bad plots, but this makes the fan animations look like fucking Demon slayer best episodes, i'll take a sock puppet show over this animation. :thumbdown:

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:46 pm

TheRed259 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:37 am Who was the music composer in this episode?
I really don't believe it's Yuya Mori because the style of the tracks used don't match his, actually they aren't near as good as his tracks imo
But how can we be sure about it?
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.