Dragon Ball Daima (2024)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Dragon Ball Daima (2024)

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:48 pm

sangofe wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:41 am
ZeroNeonix wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:48 pm
dragonballhero wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:27 pm Given the locations we've seen so far, do we think might be getting a Star Wars-like scene at that restaurant location? The cantina scene, I mean.
"Graaa..."

"He's saying he don't like you. I don't like you neither."

Vegeta: "Touch me again and I'm gonna shoot first."
Did you make the grammatical error on purpose? Am I missing the joke?
I'm pretty sure Zero was quoting the cantina scene in Star Wars (1977), but from memory, so the dialogue isn't exact.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:17 am

sangofe wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:41 am
ZeroNeonix wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:48 pm
dragonballhero wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:27 pm Given the locations we've seen so far, do we think might be getting a Star Wars-like scene at that restaurant location? The cantina scene, I mean.
"Graaa..."

"He's saying he don't like you. I don't like you neither."

Vegeta: "Touch me again and I'm gonna shoot first."
Did you make the grammatical error on purpose? Am I missing the joke?
It's a reference to the Cantina scene in Star Wars that the original post brought up, just slightly misquoted (in the movie, the character in question says "He doesn't like you." This misquote may stem from the fact that the character is your standard wannabe tough guy at the bar type, which may have lead the other poster to misremember him as speaking more informal English [technically BASIC in the Star Wars universe, but the audience hears it as English]).

The Vegeta line is a reference to the common complaint about the Star Wars Special Editions, which made various changes to the films. In the theatrical version, Han Solo shoots Greedo during a confrontation before Greedo can retaliate. In the Special Edition, director George Lucas decided to change it to where Greedo got a shot off before Han shoots because he thought Han seemed too much like a heartless killer. Many fans criticize this change because that's the point of Han Solo in this point of the film; he's an outlaw and smuggler who will shoot first and ask questions later, but he grows into a hero of the Rebellion by the end of the film. This hard edge is easily applicable to Vegeta (don't think I need to explain why), hence the "shoot first" line.

I apologize for my extremely long-winded explanation, but I hope it helps, haha.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:48 am

RIP
The joke
November 7th 2023 - November 8th 2023

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:59 am

I don't know about de-aging the main characters, but I need to see what that's about and how long it will last.

One just has to be open enough and expect some surprises at this point in the saga. I just hope it will be a faithful enough and enjoyable enough Dragon Ball tale.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Lance Freeman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lance Freeman » Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:03 pm

DragonBallFoodie wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:59 am I don't know about de-aging the main characters, but I need to see what that's about and how long it will last.
Well, if the old DB Magic rumors are still true, this won't be much more than 13 episodes so it'll probably be the focus of the whole show.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:12 pm

I read there wont be a lot of episodes but at least 20 have been confirmed.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Lance Freeman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lance Freeman » Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:22 pm

OK, I wasn't aware of the full number but 20 sounds like enough to resolve this plot line.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:26 am

Some of the staff have been confirmed: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... ff/.204667

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:15 am

I just realized this, if Goten and Trunks are behaving like babies, just imagine how dumb they are going to make Goku in Dragon Ball Daima.

DBS anime Goku is incredibly dumb and annoying, imagine if they make Goku worse in Dragon Ball Daima. We know Toei will go to any length, just to make Goku dumb.

DBS Super Heroe is my evidence, in how Toei doesn't care if it is bad writing or contradicts character intelligence. As long as they make Goku dumb and annoying, that is all they care.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:23 am

super michael wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:15 am I just realized this, if Goten and Trunks are behaving like babies, just imagine how dumb they are going to make Goku in Dragon Ball Daima.
The thing is, Goten and Trunks have been reverted to being babies so even if they don't want to, they can't do anything about it now.
Now I'm sure Goku will be the one finding clever ways to defeat the opponents, so thankfully we should see more of his battle smarts now that he isn't a walking powerhouse anymore.

Wouldn't be surprised if in the end Daima Goku ends up being overall smarter than Super Goku :lol:

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:35 am

Xeogran wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:23 am
super michael wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:15 am I just realized this, if Goten and Trunks are behaving like babies, just imagine how dumb they are going to make Goku in Dragon Ball Daima.
The thing is, Goten and Trunks have been reverted to being babies so even if they don't want to, they can't do anything about it now.
Now I'm sure Goku will be the one finding clever ways to defeat the opponents, so thankfully we should see more of his battle smarts now that he isn't a walking powerhouse anymore.

Wouldn't be surprised if in the end Daima Goku ends up being overall smarter than Super Goku :lol:
This actually. I think its much more understandable to see kid Goku acting immature than Adult Goku acting like a child.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:04 am

Yikes at Nozawa still performing as Kid Goku in Daima. I hope she gives him his adult voice since her trying to do the kid voice is sounding painful nowadays.

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:18 pm

Jord wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:04 am Yikes at Nozawa still performing as Kid Goku in Daima. I hope she gives him his adult voice since her trying to do the kid voice is sounding painful nowadays.
Yeah, that surprised me too. While I haven't heard her performance as Kid Goku in Kakarot yet, nearly everyone I've heard from seems to agree that Nozawa is definitely straining to voice him there.

While I'm NOT advocating for this, my belief was that she'd voice Goku as an adult, and possibly introduce a new VA for him once he got de-aged.

Although, this DOES make me wonder... who here thinks characters like Vegeta and/or Yamcha will get a different VA once they get de-aged? Or do you all think they'll just pitch up Ryo Horikawa and Toru Furuya's voices a bit?

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:57 pm

dragonballhero wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:18 pm .

Although, this DOES make me wonder... who here thinks characters like Vegeta and/or Yamcha will get a different VA once they get de-aged? Or do you all think they'll just pitch up Ryo Horikawa and Toru Furuya's voices a bit?
Japanese Dragon Ball has traditionally not given different voice actors for a singular character at different ages. Ryo Horikawa and Toru Furuya will almost definitely voice the chibi versions of their characters and it's extremely doubtful anything will be done to their voices in post.

In fact, I'm pretty sure Horikawa has already voiced kid Vegeta

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:30 pm

dragonballhero wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:18 pm
Jord wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:04 am Yikes at Nozawa still performing as Kid Goku in Daima. I hope she gives him his adult voice since her trying to do the kid voice is sounding painful nowadays.
Yeah, that surprised me too. While I haven't heard her performance as Kid Goku in Kakarot yet, nearly everyone I've heard from seems to agree that Nozawa is definitely straining to voice him there.

While I'm NOT advocating for this, my belief was that she'd voice Goku as an adult, and possibly introduce a new VA for him once he got de-aged.
I'd like that idea. I've watched the Kakarot DLC and it was painful to listen to her. If she uses her kid voice in Daima, it's gonna be a hard listen.
Perhaps that's also a reason we didn't see much of young Goten in DBS.

Also wondering how the younger versions of the other older actors will sound.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:04 pm

TheRed259 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:58 pm It's going to look really strange if Vegeta decides to give speeches about pride in this small body.
How is that different from any other time? He IS TINY! BOOM!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:11 pm

TheRed259 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:58 pm It's going to look really strange if Vegeta decides to give speeches about pride in this small body.
Sorry, I'm not really following you. Why do you think that?
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:03 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:11 pmSorry, I'm not really following you. Why do you think that?
Because it would LOOK like these speeches are coming from a child and I don't know how seriously they will be taken by his foes in the series or even some DB fans since these are things that an adult could understand better and as a result express better. Plus, we are not used to that. Of course, as a audience, we'll know that Vegeta is not a child but still these speeches have a lot more impact when they are said by an adult Vegeta and not from a baby one. I can't imagine for example Vegeta's speeches from DBZ with Vegeta from Daima. An adult Vegeta would convince us more I think.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:08 pm

DBS anime Goku is incredibly dumb and annoying, imagine if they make Goku worse in Dragon Ball Daima. We know Toei will go to any length, just to make Goku dumb.

DBS Super Heroe is my evidence, in how Toei doesn't care if it is bad writing or contradicts character intelligence. As long as they make Goku dumb and annoying, that is all they care.
Quit blaming Toei. Remember in their eyes Goku was this cool Superman-like character.