Countries and Release Dates for Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Countries and Release Dates for Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero

Post by sangofe » Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:26 am

TheRed259 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:38 pm https://www.crunchyroll.com/news/announ ... -this-july

Dragon Ball Super: SUPER HERO will officially arrive on Crunchyroll starting July 12 in North America, Central America, South America, Europe (excl. France), Africa, Oceania, Middle East, CIS, South Asia, Southeast Asia and East Asia (excl. Japan).

So the number of confirmed countries must be more than 146 but I don't know if I should break them all down. When it comes to the subbed versions, I added the Russian and the Hindi ones.
Does "excl" mean "exclusive" or "excluded"? I wonder if the french dub is on, or not.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:23 pm

sangofe wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:26 amDoes "excl" mean "exclusive" or "excluded"? I wonder if the french dub is on, or not.
If you had clicked the link you would know the answer. And excl. means excluding.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:32 am

TheRed259 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:23 pm
sangofe wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:26 amDoes "excl" mean "exclusive" or "excluded"? I wonder if the french dub is on, or not.
If you had clicked the link you would know the answer. And excl. means excluding.
That's rude. I clicked it 3 times and discussed it on discord with someone who said it can mean bpth exclusive and excluded

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:54 am

sangofe wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:32 amThat's rude. I clicked it 3 times and discussed it on discord with someone who said it can mean bpth exclusive and excluded
If you clicked it 3 times, then why you are wondering if the French dub is included? That's what I was referring to because it clearly says:
Dub: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish (LATAM), Spanish (Spain), Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Hindi

And excl. means 100% excluding. Even the Spanish article says excepto Francia and excepto Japón.
https://www.crunchyroll.com/es/news/ann ... roll-julio

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:08 pm

One more language has been added to the dubbed versions for Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero since a Greek dub for the movie was confirmed a few hours ago by Digital Soul Entertainment on Instagram.

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:16 pm

Still no signs of a Cantonese dub. Crunchyroll isn't even available in Hong Kong. Sony doesn't have a stranglehold on anime in that region.
The world is your's.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:18 pm

tinlunlau wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:16 pm Still no signs of a Cantonese dub. Crunchyroll isn't even available in Hong Kong. Sony doesn't have a stranglehold on anime in that region.
Let's hope that a Cantonese dub will be announced soon as well. Also, if you know something more regarding the Cantonese voices of adult Goku and Vegeta, let me know because the Cantonese section in my list here needs improvement.

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:47 pm

TheRed259 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:18 pm
tinlunlau wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:16 pm Still no signs of a Cantonese dub. Crunchyroll isn't even available in Hong Kong. Sony doesn't have a stranglehold on anime in that region.
Let's hope that a Cantonese dub will be announced soon as well. Also, if you know something more regarding the Cantonese voices of adult Goku and Vegeta, let me know because the Cantonese section in my list here needs improvement.
The Cantonese voice actor for the TVB dub, Lam Kwok-Hung retired. And the TVB Cantonese voice actor retired and moved to Canada (from what I heard). The actor who played Piccolo from that same dub retired recently.
The world is your's.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:45 pm

tinlunlau wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:47 pmThe Cantonese voice actor for the TVB dub, Lam Kwok-Hung retired. And the TVB Cantonese voice actor retired and moved to Canada (from what I heard). The actor who played Piccolo from that same dub retired recently.
Yes, I had read that about Goku's VA. Do you happen to know who voices adult Goku in DBGT and DBS and who voices Vegeta in DBZ Movies 6-9 & 12-13, DBGT and DBS?

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:35 am

TheRed259 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:45 pm
tinlunlau wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:47 pmThe Cantonese voice actor for the TVB dub, Lam Kwok-Hung retired. And the TVB Cantonese voice actor retired and moved to Canada (from what I heard). The actor who played Piccolo from that same dub retired recently.
Yes, I had read that about Goku's VA. Do you happen to know who voices adult Goku in DBGT and DBS and who voices Vegeta in DBZ Movies 6-9 & 12-13, DBGT and DBS?
I don't.
The world is your's.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:05 pm

Does Animax still have a presence in Hong Kong? I thought they were owned by Sony.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:57 am

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:05 pm
Does Animax still have a presence in Hong Kong? I thought they were owned by Sony.
Didn't get a chance to surf thru the TV channels in Hong Kong. I hardly had the energy or time to watch any TV while I was there in September. But from what I've heard, there is absolutely no legitimate way to watch DBS Super Hero unless you import the American or European physical copies. Its a bit of a problem when 99% of the population want to rewatch this with Chinese subtitles which Crunchyroll will not provide.
The world is your's.