Dragon Ball Daima (2024)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GhostEmperorX
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Daima (2024)

Post by GhostEmperorX » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:17 am

Exactly, that's a crucial element that's far too often ignored in discussions like this.
Really wouldn't be surprised if the director(s) in charge didn't have that much of a plan for what the sound of the project should have been.

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:59 am

Hey, it's me again. Would you guys be open to having Android Orchestra (French fan who makes orchestral renditions of Japanese and American DB music. Also did AoT and LoZ) be a composer, making orchestral remixes of Kikuchi music? Fan artists seem to be rarely mentioned here...

Cha-La Head-Cha-La, M811, M710, M711, M920, M716, M1023, M814A, M1020, M1703, M1522, M1711, M1623, Solid State Scouter, Tapion's ocarina theme, Unmei no Hi, Hikari no Will Power, We Gotta Power and We Were Angels
M1308
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

GhostEmperorX
Regular

Post by GhostEmperorX » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:49 am

FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:59 amFan artists seem to be rarely mentioned here...
And why would they be outside of the designated section for fanworks (and/or the music section)? What's even going to come out of it?
There's even more people of this category out there than the official composer selections over in JP itself.
Aside from that, I'm not really sure, what exactly is it that you're advocating? If it's to have them work on an official product or anything like that, it's very much a pipe dream.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:05 am

GhostEmperorX wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:49 am
FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:59 amFan artists seem to be rarely mentioned here...
And why would they be outside of the designated section for fanworks (and/or the music section)? What's even going to come out of it?
There's even more people of this category out there than the official composer selections over in JP itself.
Aside from that, I'm not really sure, what exactly is it that you're advocating? If it's to have them work on an official product or anything like that, it's very much a pipe dream.
They could be mentioned in the fan created works?

GhostEmperorX
Regular

Post by GhostEmperorX » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:42 am

sangofe wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:05 am They could be mentioned in the fan created works?
I mean, as the music section itself is primarily concerned with official material, it seems about the only other place to mention it.
Just that people don't really mention music cover projects all that much there, but it should be a part of that umbrella.
Whether this is the case or not though, it doesn't quite register as a problem that fan artists are not being mentioned where official products are concerned.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:15 pm

It has been announced that the Dragon Ball Daima information panel at the DB Games Battle Hour 2024 will be broadcast live on the official DRAGON BALL Games Battle Hour's YouTube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YapIpF4j8r4

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:02 pm

Well, that panel was a bit of a fart in the wind. Essentially no new information and slightly expanded footage of Goku on another planet we saw in the first teaser, and no new plot details. A bit pointless, really.

Nice to hear Hironobu Kageyama sounding good, though.
Last edited by Thanos on Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:04 pm

Iyoku Akio was at the LA panel today.

♥The series is being produced by a 'very strong animation team' (which we already knew). Nakatsuru is the animation character designer.
♥A new trailer! Gokuu eats a lot of food and fights enemies. There is some Jackie Chan-esque comedic fight choreography. Gokuu also uses his Nyou-i-bou in the trailer. The trailer is once again just animation with music. They apparently intentionally decided on story details.
♥New illustrations of Small Gokuu, Kuririn, Satan, #18, Chi-Chi, and Majin Buu.
♥Toriyama's illustrations are interpreted by the staff (well, duh).
♥The designs are intentionally RPG-esque.
♥Going by the comparison between Toriyama's illustrations and the animation character designs by Nakatsuru, it seems like he is continuing the trend that he and Yamamuro began with adding highlights to character designs during Dragon Ball GT. :|
♥They want you to notice the quality of the food drawings.
♥The trailer will be added to YouTube and Twitter later today.

It just occured to me that Small Satan looks like Panput.

Kageyama Hironobu also performed some of his Dragon Ball songs!
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

onefinegent

Post by onefinegent » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:04 pm

take a shot every time he said "i can't answer that question right now"

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:10 pm

Liked the trailer, but definitely expected more. Didn't learn anything new about the story.
The visuals and new characters look great. The action choreography pleased me more than anything in the first 3 DBS arcs.

I hate they keep putting highlights on black hairs and I don't know why DB seems to be the only franchise that keeps insisting on that.
It looks horrible. I thought with Yamamuro gone it was over, but now Nakatsuru returned and brought it back...

Not really fan of him coming back as character designer. Hopefully it's the last time. Shintani and Kubota did great in their movies. Should keep investing in the new generation.

Still don't know who's the composer. :(
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:20 pm

Yeah, I agree. I don't like what Nakatsuru did with the animation character designs. I hope they're mostly ignored after the first episode.
She/Her
bisexual milf

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:10 am

Despite there being little in terms of plot info, I really like what I saw. Loved the emphasis on more grounded martial arts (particularly those moments that scream Jackie Chan) and I thought the animation looked good.

Nothing here that dismisses the idea that this is happening in some alternate universe. We’d probably see Beerus or Whis by now if this was supposed to be tied with Super.

Mr Baggins
Regular

Post by Mr Baggins » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:13 am

Very cool! Trailer looked incredible and I loved every bit of Toriyama's pared down RPG-ish designs and Nakatsuru's adaptation of them. I can tell they're still holding back a lot of info though, including just basic plot stuff.

Can't wait for Fall. If Daima is as good as it looks, we're in for a fun ride here.
Review scores for the DBS manga (and movies):

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:15 am

kemuri07 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:10 am Despite there being little in terms of plot info, I really like what I saw. Loved the emphasis on more grounded martial arts (particularly those moments that scream Jackie Chan) and I thought the animation looked good.

Nothing here that dismisses the idea that this is happening in some alternate universe. We’d probably see Beerus or Whis by now if this was supposed to be tied with Super.
I mean, what we would possibly see by now seems like a moot point when you consider that we still don't actually know a thing about the plot of the series. This second trailer alone seemed entirely focused on a small adventure scene where Gokuu is eating and beating up some schmucks. That could easily be from a scene in the second episode. There are no context clues at all to work with.
She/Her
bisexual milf

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:19 am

JulieYBM wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:15 am
kemuri07 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:10 am Despite there being little in terms of plot info, I really like what I saw. Loved the emphasis on more grounded martial arts (particularly those moments that scream Jackie Chan) and I thought the animation looked good.

I mean, what we would possibly see by now seems like a moot point when you consider that we still don't actually know a thing about the plot of the series. This second trailer alone seemed entirely focused on a small adventure scene where Gokuu is eating and beating up some schmucks. That could easily be from a scene in the second episode. There are no context clues at all to work with.
Sure. But this is based on my opinions from the last trailer, specifically about how many of the characters shown are very much in their Buu-era looks So I don’t think my observation comes from nowhere.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:30 am

:cry: I want to know who is the composer :cry: why hasn't it been revealed yet?

I expected more from this panel as well, and my only nitpick with the visuals is the highlights in the hair too, everything else looks really good, Goku fighting those guys reminds me of him taking down the RR and Mifan Empire armies, really glad to see the original series formula returning strong.

Also, the melody at 0:38 sounds very similar to part of the music from the first trailer for me (check out trailer 1 at 2:12) I believe it's the same theme!
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:07 am

Did we hear Nozawa at all? Because if not then two trailers so far without voice acting may indicate they're replacing the VAs.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:57 am

No, because the first two trailers for DBS Super Hero didn't feature voices either.
Plus, Nozawa did the Kamehameha at the ending of the live stream, and she sounds good to me : )
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:00 am

I really like the adventure feel the this trailer has.
The music also gives me JRPG vibes and feels like something straight out from Dragon Quest. They are doing a great job.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.