DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.
User avatar
Zephyr
I Live Here
Posts: 4469
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:20 pm

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Zephyr » Mon Sep 07, 2026 12:43 am

Omori wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2025 1:59 am Not sure if it's intentionally or not, but a joke quote from Kuririn (TFS EP39) got used in a similar way on Dragon Ball SD Chapter 106:
Image

(So when Trunks' destroyed most of Gero's lab without giving a warning to the others)
TFS: "You're definitely Vegeta's kid"
SD: "As you would expect from Vegeta's son."

I think there are even more instances of similar jokes in SD, like I remember after defeating Raditz, Piccolo threw Gohan against a rock. While in the anime he fires a ki blast to destroy it, in both the TFS and SD version Gohan just collides with that rock and gets hurt.

Could all be a coincidence, but how knows, but maybe Ooishi watched some TFS? :D
Sorry for such a belated notification. I don't know how I didn't see this post before, but I saw it just now while checking the thread, and I realized I can explain the joke! So I figured why not, even though it's almost 2 years later lol.

Chapter 353, the one where #18 beats Vegeta, is titled "As You'd Expect of Vegeta". So Ooishi is more than likely referencing the chapter title. Doesn't mean she hasn't seen DBZ Abridged, though. With the ubiquity of the internet, anything's possible.

User avatar
Scsigs
I Live Here
Posts: 4136
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:55 am
Location: NY, USA
Contact:

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Scsigs » Tue Sep 15, 2026 2:25 pm

What's a Ki Dragon!? | Dragon Ball Super Commentary (Eps 10-12)
https://youtu.be/aBkKJ7TLS8A?si=tSvn7e49hT-hl-8A
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://linktr.ee/Scsigs

User avatar
Scsigs
I Live Here
Posts: 4136
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:55 am
Location: NY, USA
Contact:

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Scsigs » Sat Sep 19, 2026 2:37 am

A Battle of Gods | Dragon Ball Super Commentary (Eps 13-14)
https://youtu.be/MiZw6lVbYm8?si=C8UlbKJsv8qKLjEg

RIP Mike McFarland.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://linktr.ee/Scsigs

User avatar
Scsigs
I Live Here
Posts: 4136
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:55 am
Location: NY, USA
Contact:

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Scsigs » Fri Sep 25, 2026 8:15 pm

Did Super Fumble Adapting Battle of Gods?
https://youtu.be/Qq3KlqF8WXE?si=UlC7tn0bH-UuxJ5e
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://linktr.ee/Scsigs

User avatar
coola
I Live Here
Posts: 3530
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 7:33 am
Location: Poland

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by coola » Thu Oct 01, 2026 8:34 am

Re-watching Episode Commentaries, Lani and Kaiser commented how Freeza 2nd form PL of 1 million was ridiculous gap. But it would make sense if Toriyama ended DB on Freeza, who since Kaio "True root of evil" was hyped as this super powerful being, far stronger than anyone, Kaio kept warning Goku and others "Do not anger Freeza or even lay finger on him!" And even Vegeta knew "As if Freeza was someone you could beat by team-up..." and saw immortality as only way to beat him.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Post Reply