Non-thread-worthy discussions
Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions
I've been curious, how did Toonami handle the end of the Invisible Man fight from the Baba Tournament? Because that required not one but TWO big no-nos for the edited dub 
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler
- ZeroNeonix
- I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:35 pm
Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions
I remember there being surprisingly little censorship with Dragon Ball on Toonami.jjgp1112 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2026 1:06 pm I've been curious, how did Toonami handle the end of the Invisible Man fight from the Baba Tournament? Because that required not one but TWO big no-nos for the edited dub![]()
Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions
They found a convoluted way to have him get sprayed with a can of tomato soup.jjgp1112 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2026 1:06 pm I've been curious, how did Toonami handle the end of the Invisible Man fight from the Baba Tournament? Because that required not one but TWO big no-nos for the edited dub![]()
Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions
Quite a bit actually. Here’s an old Toonzone thread from when the end of the King Piccolo saga first aired on ToonamiZeroNeonix wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2026 1:13 pmI remember there being surprisingly little censorship with Dragon Ball on Toonami.jjgp1112 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2026 1:06 pm I've been curious, how did Toonami handle the end of the Invisible Man fight from the Baba Tournament? Because that required not one but TWO big no-nos for the edited dub![]()
https://animesuperhero.com/forums/threa ... 6.3455531/
The big one is they censored Goku killing King Piccolo even though the Z dub showed the exact same scene uncut in flashbacks on Toonami
Per the person reporting the edits
Well, here it is, ladies and gentleman. They couldn't end this story arc without one huge, gigantic, unnecessary cut. And that would be, of course, Piccolo's death. You see, Goku didn't just "magically fly up and defeat Piccolo" like the edited version would have you believe. Goku went through Piccolo's chest. Yes. He ripped a huge freakin' hole in his chest and flew out the other end. Wait, what's that? You... knew that already? Wait, how did you know they cut this? Oh, yeah! Of course, how could I forget? THEY SHOWED THIS SCENE COMPLETELY UNCUT SEVERAL TIMES IN FLASHBACKS THROUGHOUT DRAGONBALL Z.
For the longest time I assumed the tame dialog in the uncut dub was too make it easier for the edited dub but no dialog people wouldn’t think twice about in the uncut dub was too edgy and needed even safer dialog. And from what I gathered unlike Z the og Dragon Ball dub had a no blood policy.
Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions
Koitsukai wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2026 3:04 pm Actually, I've always seen it the other way around.
Messi was the one who started with a handicap, much like Goku. His growth hormone deficiency is somewhat comparable to Goku being raised on a planet with only 1G. He had to overcome that disadvantage and work his way up just to reach the same physical baseline as everyone else, and still be called a midget, lol.
The whole narrative that Messi just coasts through his career without putting in any effort is nonsense. It mostly comes from people who have no idea what it takes to be not just a professional athlete but an elite one.
Also, more than anything else, it's their personalities that make Messi the Goku of the story and Cristiano its Vegeta, at least in my opinion. The Cell Games had Goku do what Cristiano won't do for the sake of his team: recognize when someone else is better suited for the job and step aside.

This post reminded me of this legendary edit lol
乃亜
Dragon Ball: The Others Discussion Thread
Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?
Dragon Ball: The Others Discussion Thread
Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?
Spoiler:
Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions
I'll say this. Hate the dialogue & performances all you want, at least FUNi dubbed the show uncut, then edited it later for TV broadcast so they future-proofed the dub at least for when they released it on DVD. Many other edited anime dubs from that time weren't so lucky, sadly.MasenkoHA wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2026 1:34 pmQuite a bit actually. Here’s an old Toonzone thread from when the end of the King Piccolo saga first aired on ToonamiZeroNeonix wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2026 1:13 pmI remember there being surprisingly little censorship with Dragon Ball on Toonami.jjgp1112 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2026 1:06 pm I've been curious, how did Toonami handle the end of the Invisible Man fight from the Baba Tournament? Because that required not one but TWO big no-nos for the edited dub
https://animesuperhero.com/forums/threa ... 6.3455531/
The big one is they censored Goku killing King Piccolo even though the Z dub showed the exact same scene uncut in flashbacks on Toonami
Per the person reporting the edits
For the longest time I assumed the tame dialog in the uncut dub was too make it easier for the edited dub but no dialog people wouldn’t think twice about in the uncut dub was too edgy and needed even safer dialog. And from what I gathered unlike Z the og Dragon Ball dub had a no blood policy.Well, here it is, ladies and gentleman. They couldn't end this story arc without one huge, gigantic, unnecessary cut. And that would be, of course, Piccolo's death. You see, Goku didn't just "magically fly up and defeat Piccolo" like the edited version would have you believe. Goku went through Piccolo's chest. Yes. He ripped a huge freakin' hole in his chest and flew out the other end. Wait, what's that? You... knew that already? Wait, how did you know they cut this? Oh, yeah! Of course, how could I forget? THEY SHOWED THIS SCENE COMPLETELY UNCUT SEVERAL TIMES IN FLASHBACKS THROUGHOUT DRAGONBALL Z.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://linktr.ee/Scsigs
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://linktr.ee/Scsigs
Spoiler:
Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions
Bloody hell, that edit is awesome, Arsenal dead on the ground as usual, Rooney as Reecoom. Cristiano rocks that fucking scouter.Noah wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2026 9:00 pmKoitsukai wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2026 3:04 pm Actually, I've always seen it the other way around.
Messi was the one who started with a handicap, much like Goku. His growth hormone deficiency is somewhat comparable to Goku being raised on a planet with only 1G. He had to overcome that disadvantage and work his way up just to reach the same physical baseline as everyone else, and still be called a midget, lol.
The whole narrative that Messi just coasts through his career without putting in any effort is nonsense. It mostly comes from people who have no idea what it takes to be not just a professional athlete but an elite one.
Also, more than anything else, it's their personalities that make Messi the Goku of the story and Cristiano its Vegeta, at least in my opinion. The Cell Games had Goku do what Cristiano won't do for the sake of his team: recognize when someone else is better suited for the job and step aside.
This post reminded me of this legendary edit lol



