A new kind of Fighting Game! Or something...
-
oponok
- Beyond Newbie
- Posts: 253
- Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 5:02 pm
- Location: I... I don't even know anymore...
Meh... I guess I just don't have the same love for 2D fighters you do.
Dimps claimed that they weren't making Budoukai for fighting game fans, but for Dragonball fans. Now, while this is probably just a lazy excuse for not being able to come up with something as great as Nintendo, Capcom, or whomever else might, they do have a point. A 2D fighter, while it could be great, just wouldn't be able to reach the same level of intensity as a 3D game. It wouldn't feel like DBZ. It would feel like Street Fighter with DBZ characters and elements.
You're idea might make for a wonderful game, but it's not something I would really wish for Dragonball Z. The developers wouldn't have as much freedom as with a fully 3D game. Though while the hand drawn spites might look awesome, I do think the "cell shading" works pretty well, actually (though I wish the characters were a smidgen more expressive).
And one more thing... Why would the Ki meter fill up to 200%? Wouldn't you just divide it into advances of 25% instead of 50's? You can't logically get more than 100%. But if this game were to come out as fun as Smash Brothers Melee, another such culprit, I'd forgive you.
Dimps claimed that they weren't making Budoukai for fighting game fans, but for Dragonball fans. Now, while this is probably just a lazy excuse for not being able to come up with something as great as Nintendo, Capcom, or whomever else might, they do have a point. A 2D fighter, while it could be great, just wouldn't be able to reach the same level of intensity as a 3D game. It wouldn't feel like DBZ. It would feel like Street Fighter with DBZ characters and elements.
You're idea might make for a wonderful game, but it's not something I would really wish for Dragonball Z. The developers wouldn't have as much freedom as with a fully 3D game. Though while the hand drawn spites might look awesome, I do think the "cell shading" works pretty well, actually (though I wish the characters were a smidgen more expressive).
And one more thing... Why would the Ki meter fill up to 200%? Wouldn't you just divide it into advances of 25% instead of 50's? You can't logically get more than 100%. But if this game were to come out as fun as Smash Brothers Melee, another such culprit, I'd forgive you.
"In fact, the United States Alf Fanfiction Department has issued notices offering high paying jobs for more Alf fanfiction, which they believe could immediately resolve countless global issues such as world hunger."
Basically, this game is like Guilty Gear meets Smash Brothers...almost like the new Guilty Gear Isuka, except the fighting engine has a lot more features thrown in. Thats what I think what 2D really has over 3D, features, most 2D games are simple enough to get into, but then as you get better at them, you learn how complex they really are, while (most) 3D fighters usually require you learn the system from bottom to top right away, and there isnt much new to learn as you get any better.
A 2D DBZ fighter taking full advantage of today's technology would be awesome, so long as it is Arc System Works who are doing it, they are the masters of 2D today.
A 2D DBZ fighter taking full advantage of today's technology would be awesome, so long as it is Arc System Works who are doing it, they are the masters of 2D today.
Well in a DBZ like sense, characters can power up above their limits, so why not extend it to 200%? Although in game, it would be like having two levels of super meter.And one more thing... Why would the Ki meter fill up to 200%? Wouldn't you just divide it into advances of 25% instead of 50's? You can't logically get more than 100%.
- The S
- I Live Here
- Posts: 2414
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:54 am
- Location: Moesko Island, WA
- Contact:
I would, except I'm concentrating on games that I can sell and make $$$ on at this moment... but my DB game will surface, have faith.Hey S, I remember your game in Game Maker, so you should bang out something with your dream characters.
That'd be super awesome.
Buggy as hell, freezes up when I attempt to change the controls, two-second Paint-style graphics, and laughable fighting system...
And still it's better than most of the DB games out there.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!
- Mugenmidget
- Regular
- Posts: 575
- Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:43 pm
- The S
- I Live Here
- Posts: 2414
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:54 am
- Location: Moesko Island, WA
- Contact:
Oh, to name a few, UB22, Final Bout...
TAIKETSU...
TAIKETSU...
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!
The S wrote:I would, except I'm concentrating on games that I can sell and make $$$ on at this moment... but my DB game will surface, have faith.Hey S, I remember your game in Game Maker, so you should bang out something with your dream characters.
That'd be super awesome.
haha, is this game even playable
Buggy as hell, freezes up when I attempt to change the controls, two-second Paint-style graphics, and laughable fighting system...
And still it's better than most of the DB games out there.
- Mugenmidget
- Regular
- Posts: 575
- Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:43 pm




