All 153 Episodes of DragonBall on Kanzentai!!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

All 153 Episodes of DragonBall on Kanzentai!!

Post by Hujio » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:34 pm

I don't normally do this, but screw it, I'm gonna use my "Number One Rival" status and pimp something on Kanzentai. Mike, I hope you don't mind. ;)

As some of you may be aware, we started putting up DragonBall episode pages on Kanzentai back in mid-2005. At the time we were somewhat too ambitious (DBW can vouch for that), and took on more than we could handle. Needless to say, things changed a little as time went on and with the recent announcement of DragonBall Kai, I decided it was time to just finish them all. So, you can now find dedicated pages for all 153 episodes of DragonBall on Kanzentai, which include brief summaries, screen shots, complete opening and ending credits, and much more. We've also put up the first five episodes of DragonBall Z, in preparation of DragonBall Kai. I hope these will become as much of a valuable resource for the community as they have been for me. And by all means, feel free to spread the word or link to the pages in a debate. :D

I'll admit, I never thought we'd actually get this far. I don't know if it was how daunting of a task it seemed to be at the time or the fact that it took us so long to just get 6 pages done back then, but we did it. A huge thanks to DBW for getting this all started and to Herms for translating all of the summaries from Daizenshuu 3. Without these guys, I don't know what I'd do. :P And finally, a huge thanks to everyone on the Daizenshuu EX Forums. You guys and gals make this all possible, or at least make us want to keep doing this.

We've had a great time doing these episode updates so far, or at least I have, and hopefully we can keep it going with DragonBall Z and DragonBall Kai (Yeah, we've got something planned for this ^_^). I'm sure we'll get to GT at some point. ;)

At some point we'll be going back and adding DBW's famously detailed episode notes. If there's anything you want to see us do with these pages now that they're done, let us know. And with that, I'll leave you with some links...

Kanzentai Episode Guide

DragonBall
- Son Goku arc (001~013)
- 21st Tenkaichi Budoukai arc (014~028)
- Red Ribbon Army arc (029~068)
- 22nd Tenkaichi Budoukai arc (069~101)
- Piccolo Daimao arc (102~132)
- 23rd Tenkaichi Budoukai (133~153)

DragonBall Z
- Saiya-jin arc (001~005)
Last edited by Hujio on Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:36 pm

Wow! Great work guys. What a fantastic resource you have created. I'm so bookmarking for referencing.

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:40 pm

I agree. This is pure dedication right here. Way to live up to the "Number One Rival" status.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:51 pm

Congratulations on all your work! X3
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:00 am

Great job, Kanzentai guys! I can see now why people always say the episode guide over there is so good.

snaku
Regular

Post by snaku » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:12 am

Awesome stuff Herms! Congrats on biting the bullet and finishing it. :D

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:13 am

Title is kind of misleading, but nice list.
If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:18 am

Wow, right when I finish my review of all of the episodes that were up, you through up the rest! :roll: I love it!

This seriously is an amazing accomplishment, and I look forward to what's to come, especially these "famously detailed episode notes" of DBW.

The only question I have is, what are your plans for the screenshots of the first 31 episodes that you have in your picture archive? Do you plan on going back and taking screenshots for the remaining 122 episodes?

Great job you three!

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:22 am

snaku wrote:Awesome stuff Herms! Congrats on biting the bullet and finishing it. :D
I finished did my portion, the Daizenshuu 3 episode synopsis translations, quite some time ago It just took Hujio awhile to take screencaps and make the pages. Though I suppose I should have proof-read the synopsis more in the interval...
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

snaku
Regular

Post by snaku » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:15 am

Herms wrote:
snaku wrote:Awesome stuff Herms! Congrats on biting the bullet and finishing it. :D
I finished did my portion, the Daizenshuu 3 episode synopsis translations, quite some time ago It just took Hujio awhile to take screencaps and make the pages. Though I suppose I should have proof-read the synopsis more in the interval...
Meant to type both your names, but it's late and I'm tired. Heh...

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:29 am

Herms wrote:
I actually didn't know that the synopsis' were from Daizenshuu 3... cool (maybe it should be noted, somewhere).

You don't have to worry about proof reading the synopsis', I'm in the middle of doing that myself; but there are some things I have to ask you, regarding how you want certain things to be worded.

Acid_Reign
Advanced Regular

Post by Acid_Reign » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:40 am

Truly an invaluable resource. I find myself referencing it whenever I want reliable information about particular episodes. Great work and congratulations!

ImmortalSandwich
Beyond Newbie

Post by ImmortalSandwich » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:15 am

You guys are awesome. This is something I've wanted to see done properly for a very long time, and finally you guys did it. Thanks a bunch. Can't wait for you to finish Z.
"Welcome to Sex Ed. May all your dreams come true."

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:49 am

Great work, really love the daizenshuu translations.
Trans rights, now!

Tenshinhan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tenshinhan-san » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:20 pm

Hi! I am creating my own DragonBall Episode boxsets, but I couldn't decide which episode titles to use for my menu's.

Usually, the translations of the Japanese titles are way too messy and the English episode titles don't really fit with the Japanese (Uncut) Episodes.

Now I have the perfect solution, thank you!

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:01 pm

JAPPO wrote:Title is kind of misleading, but nice list.
I'm assuming you assumed we put the episodes up for download or something, right? And I think it's fair to say that it's more than just a list... but thanks.
SSj_Rambo wrote:The only question I have is, what are your plans for the screen shots of the first 31 episodes that you have in your picture archive? Do you plan on going back and taking screen shots for the remaining 122 episodes?
I've actually had a lot of people ask this question after I stopped putting up screen shots. I haven't quite decide what I'm going to do yet. I'll probably put them up gradually, as time permits. But, do people want them sooner than later? Also, do people even want me to continue doing them?
SSj_Rambo wrote:I actually didn't know that the synopsis' were from Daizenshuu 3... cool (maybe it should be noted, somewhere).
Noted. I probably should mention that somewhere in the guide. After talking to Herms, we'll probably not be doing any bonus coverage for Daizenshuu 3 since all of the summaries will be up in the Episode Guide already, which is all that was going to be in the bonus coverage anyway.
ImmortalSandwich wrote:Thanks a bunch. Can't wait for you to finish Z.
I hate to say it, but you might be waiting for a while. I'd like to keep up with Z as Kai comes out, so we have a nice comparison, but I don't know if it's going to be manageable, let alone practical. We'll just have to wait and see how things work out.

Thanks for all the positive feedback, everybody! :D
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:01 pm

Noticed something:
Kanzentai wrote:but only will tell.
You might wanna fix that. ;)

Other than that little squiggle, great job. :)

Now be sure and have DBZ completed before the end of the year!

:P
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

obiwan23s
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by obiwan23s » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:01 pm

I did an episode guide for Z back when I was writing content for DB3K (and kind of running the site/forum for CJ during his AWOL time). I can't really recall how long it took me to do it but I want to say it was around 18 months. Yours is a little more complex with the screen shots and staff/cast translations, so hats off to you for doing the extra work. Mine was simply a text only html page with the episode number, translated Japanese title, and a detailed summary of the episode (kind of like what Chris at MAHQ.net does for his Gundam episode reviews if any of you are familar with that site, just without the introspective paragraph at the end that he does). After CJ was gone for way too long and DB3K was on life support, I eventually closed it down and lent the episode guide to DBZSC since I was friends with XZ and didn't want the guide to die outright. It's still up over there for anyone that wants to see it: http://dbzsc.com/index.php?dbzsc=epreviews

Good luck with the Z guide if you decide to see it through till the end. It's a huge undertaking and honestly I couldn't see myself doing it now. Back then in the sunshine of my youth, I had oodles of free time and nothing better to do with it than watch Dragon Ball. If anything I enjoyed having the opportunity to watch Z in sequential order for the entire series even though it sometimes sucked having to watch those low quality subtitled real player episodes when I got to the end of the Cell Saga and FUNimation was taking their sweet time releasing the "Cell Games" DVDs.

ImmortalSandwich
Beyond Newbie

Post by ImmortalSandwich » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:31 pm

Hujio wrote:I hate to say it, but you might be waiting for a while. I'd like to keep up with Z as Kai comes out, so we have a nice comparison, but I don't know if it's going to be manageable, let alone practical. We'll just have to wait and see how things work out.
I'm not expecting it to happen very quickly. I know 153 episodes of DB took you guys a lot of time and hard work, but 291 of DBZ is going to be twice as much. The whole side by side comparison with Kai would be really awesome, but I won't pressure you guys to do that because I know how much of a pain it could be. In any case, good luck and keep us all posted with your progress. Kanzentai rules!
"Welcome to Sex Ed. May all your dreams come true."

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:47 pm

Hujio wrote:
SSj_Rambo wrote:The only question I have is, what are your plans for the screen shots of the first 31 episodes that you have in your picture archive? Do you plan on going back and taking screen shots for the remaining 122 episodes?
I've actually had a lot of people ask this question after I stopped putting up screen shots. I haven't quite decide what I'm going to do yet. I'll probably put them up gradually, as time permits. But, do people want them sooner than later? Also, do people even want me to continue doing them?
I honestly don't care too much about whether or not you continue them. But if you don't, I personally would suggest that the 31 episodes worth that you already have up be taken down; so that when you finish the other 477+ episodes and they don't have additional screenshots, people don't start asking questions and thinking about what they're missing. Just my opinion, because I'm bored. :D

The only reason I would want them to continue, would be so that we can get those larger images of the title screens, but I don't think that they're worth taking that much of your time away from working on other valuable content!!
Hujio wrote:
SSj_Rambo wrote:I actually didn't know that the synopsis' were from Daizenshuu 3... cool (maybe it should be noted, somewhere).
Noted. I probably should mention that somewhere in the guide. After talking to Herms, we'll probably not be doing any bonus coverage for Daizenshuu 3 since all of the summaries will be up in the Episode Guide already, which is all that was going to be in the bonus coverage anyway.
Really?! Okay fine... :x / :| / :( / :evil: /