How come Tien wasn't in the Buu Saga much?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:26 am

USSJed wrote:Now that I think of it, aren't large, ki fuelled muscles the reason for USSJ Trunks's strength, as well as ASSJ Vegeta?
Something like that. It's basically just increasing your muscle mass to increase your overall power. I'm not sure if it's using your ki to increase your muscle mass and thus gaining power, or forcibly raising your power to the point that your muscles increase. Either way, yeah.
What? This is similar to Piccolo getting xuber and humans getting squat in the Android Saga... Piccolo's statements upon arrival on Namek(or just before leaving Kaio's planet) were that his power;

> Freeza(2nd) >>> Freeza(1st) > Vegeta >/>>/>>> Goku(Arrival) >>> Ginyu Force Members >> Vegeta(Zenkai) >> Monster Zarbon > Vegeta > Zarbon > Dodoria > Cui (An estimate based on what they could possibly 'see' from Kaio's planet)

Or that simply, his power > a fighter who is much, much, much stronger than Vegeta(18,000)

Nail was also impressed with Piccolo's strength, after sensing such warriors as Captain Ginyu(Or was it Ginyu Force Members? My memory fails me here). Piccolo was most likely 30,000+ to say the least, in only a week. Which makes it a bit of a stretch for me to believe that Yamcha would only be 8000 or so after 18 weeks of training.
Hm, good point. This is why I said I don't know. We see so little of the humans training and fighting at this point that it's really hard to say. I don't even remember how long Goku was at Kaio-sama's planet. Less than 18 weeks I guess (edit: but more than Piccolo, which still makes Piccolo's increase not make much sense. But all we have to go on his strength was his comment about gaining strength and Nail's about him having a lot of power). All of them were probably left behind Goku's base form from all his zenkais and training on his way to and on Namek though. It would be hard to catch up after that since the guy never takes a fricken break.

UMMX

Post by UMMX » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:30 pm

Bussani wrote:
Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:He specifically said that Chaozu stayed behind because he wouldn't be able to keep up in the fight, implying that Tenshinhan thought that he could.
All this implies it that Tenshinhan is a hypocrite and is being overprotective of Chiaotzu. And that he's far stronger than Chiaotzu, too, but that isn't saying much.

Considering Chiaotzu has never won a fight and has died twice already, I think it was a good call.

Well He had to protect Chiaotzu, after all Chiaotzu is the king of there island. If you watch Dragonball Tenshinhan talks about it with goku, and the gang.

I also believe that the main reason why Tein was left out of the series later on was, because Toei Animations hate the character.

Also in Movie 9 It show that Tien has reach the power levels of a Super Saiyain 1 , and that is a fact.
This takes me back early 97. I remember those days

http://daizex.db-destiny.net/Daizenshuu_EX_-_Episode_0070.mp3

I remember watch Dragonball on UPN or was in fox back in 1987. It air 4:00am in the morning.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:35 pm

UMMX wrote:Well He had to protect Chiaotzu, after all Chiaotzu is the king of there island. If you watch Dragonball Tenshinhan talks about it with goku, and the gang.
Please... just stop.
UMMX wrote:I also believe that the main reason why Tein was left out of the series later on was, because Toei Animations hate the character.
Ah yes, I can see it all now:

Toei: "Uh... Toriyama-sensei?"
Toriyama: ""Yes, what is it?"
Toei: "We don't like Tenshinhan, because he's bald. We hate having to animate so many bald people. Can you write him out of the series, please?"
Toriyama: "Um... OK?"
Toei: "And give Kuririn hair while you're at it.

Hehe... suddenly I find myself wishing that that exchange actually took place.

Yeah, I'm an asshat. Wa-hey!
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

UMMX

Post by UMMX » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:50 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:
UMMX wrote:Well He had to protect Chiaotzu, after all Chiaotzu is the king of there island. If you watch Dragonball Tenshinhan talks about it with goku, and the gang.
Please... just stop.
UMMX wrote:I also believe that the main reason why Tein was left out of the series later on was, because Toei Animations hate the character.

Toei: "We don't like Tenshinhan, because he's bald. We hate having to animate so many bald people. Can you write him out of the series, please?"

Make fun if you want to, But did you know that Akira asked Toei Animation to put Tien in the last episode of GT and to have him married to Lunch?

Toei told him NO and hang up the phone, so now we will never see what there kids look liked....

I remember watch Dragonball on UPN or was in fox back in 1987. It air 4:00am in the morning.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:57 pm

UMMX wrote:
The Tori-bot wrote:
Please... just stop.

Make fun if you want to, But did you know that Akira asked Toei Animation to put Tenshinhan in the last episode of GT and to have him married to Lunch?

Toei told him NO and hang up the phone, so now we will never see what there kids look liked....
OK, I'm done here.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:20 pm

UMMX wrote:Make fun if you want to, But did you know that Akira asked Toei Animation to put Tenshinhan in the last episode of GT and to have him married to Lunch?

Either my sarcasm detector just failed on me or you actually really believe what you are saying.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:33 pm

UMMX wrote:Make fun if you want to, But did you know that Akira asked Toei Animation to put Tenshinhan in the last episode of GT and to have him married to Lunch?

Dude, that's not true.

Tien is totally gay for Chiaotzu.

UMMX

Post by UMMX » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:43 pm

Son Wukong wrote:

Either my sarcasm detector just failed on me or you actually really believe what you are saying.
Form what i was told, It was post in one of the official Dragonballz Project file books. I saw the page, but i cannot read japanese.

Also why is it ,so shocking that Tein would marry Lunch, and have a kid with her?

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:52 pm

UMMX wrote:Form what i was told, It was post in one of the official Dragonballz Project file books. I saw the page, but i cannot read japanese.
I LOL'd.

Then I sighed.

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:54 pm

UMMX wrote:
Son Wukong wrote:

Form what i was told, It was post in one of the official Dragonballz Project file books. I saw the page, but i cannot read japanese.

Also why is it ,so shocking that Tein would marry Lunch, and have a kid with her?
Oh, it's not the Tien marries Lunch part that shocks me. But who told you about the phonecall of Mr. Toriyama and Toei? Thats just redicoulous.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:57 pm

Son Wukong wrote:
UMMX wrote:
Son Wukong wrote: Either my sarcasm detector just failed on me or you actually really believe what you are saying.

Oh, it's not the Tenshinhan marries Lunch part that shocks me. But who told you about the phonecall of Mr. Toriyama and Toei? Thats just redicoulous.
And, y'know... by then Toriyama would have forgotten her entirely. :P

This guy is just spouting bull.

UMMX

Post by UMMX » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:09 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:
Son Wukong wrote:
UMMX wrote: Form what i was told, It was post in one of the official Dragonballz Project file books. I saw the page, but i cannot read japanese.

Oh, it's not the Tenshinhan marries Lunch part that shocks me. But who told you about the phonecall of Mr. Toriyama and Toei? Thats just redicoulous.
And, y'know... by then Toriyama would have forgotten her entirely. :P

This guy is just spouting bull.

It no Bull!!! Would you forget if some one whom you like, and allow to use your work Hung up on you? Why do you thing Akira Toriyama started his own Dragonballz Game company?

He was sick, and tried of Toei Animation fucking up his work. The real Reason why, Tein didn't get parts in any DragonballZ, and GT stuff was Toei hated the character.

Also did you notice that in GT everybody appear but those two.....

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:25 pm

UMMX wrote:It no Bull!!! Would you forget if some one whom you like, and allow to use your work Hung up on you? Why do you thing Akira Toriyama started his own Dragonballz Game company?

He was sick, and tried of Toei Animation fucking up his work. The real Reason why, Tein didn't get parts in any DragonballZ, and GT stuff was Toei hated the character.

I'm starting to think that this guy really is a troll.

UMMX

Post by UMMX » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:44 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:
UMMX wrote:It no Bull!!! Would you forget if some one whom you like, and allow to use your work Hung up on you? Why do you thing Akira Toriyama started his own Dragonballz Game company?

I am no troll, I am just telling the facts, but if you really need proof go watch the last 3 episode of GT again. Everybody was there form DB,DBZ and GT.

The only ones that didn't show up was Tein, Lunch, Turtle Tien Old Master, Maron(Kirrlen old-girlfriend.) Chiztou, and gohan's friend Diccolo(he was the that help gohan get away form piccolo at the children home.)

Beside those Character's Everybody show up!! Everybody knows that GT was non-canon project, but they left those characters out on propose just because they didn't like them.

Then even showed the town saved by Gohan before he went and fought cell.
Last edited by UMMX on Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:51 pm

UMMX wrote:and gohan friend Diccolo
URGH.
Last edited by The Tori-bot on Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:42 pm

There...is far too much bullshit here for me to quote and reply to.
Also in Movie 9 It show that Tenshinhan has reach the power levels of a Super Saiyain 1 , and that is a fact.
My memory's fuzzy. Does anyone know what he's talking about here?
But did you know that Akira asked Toei Animation to put Tenshinhan in the last episode of GT and to have him married to Lunch?
Mr Toriyama probably doesn't even remember who Lunch is.

PS: Chiaotzu is never a king in the manga. Or the anime for that matter. Only in 1 movie and mentioned in the English version of a game for some reason, if I remember right.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:50 pm

Bussani wrote:
Also in Movie 9 It show that Tenshinhan has reach the power levels of a Super Saiyain 1 , and that is a fact.
Tenshinhan and Trunks had a match in the Bojack movie's Budokai. It was a pretty good and relatively close match until Trunks went Super Saiyan and smacked Ten down pretty easily. Which would suggest ANYTHING but what he said...
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:52 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:
Bussani wrote:
Tenshinhan and Trunks had a match in the Bojack movie's Budokai. It was a pretty good and relatively close match until Trunks went Super Saiyan and smacked Ten down pretty easily. Which would suggest ANYTHING but what he said...
In other words, what I keep saying; Tenshinhan keeps up with their base forms for the most part, but can't very well get 50 times stronger than them when they never take a break from training.

ShinRogafuken
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ShinRogafuken » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:26 pm

UMMX wrote:
Innagadadavida wrote:

I am no troll, I am just telling the facts, but if you really need proof go watch the last 3 episode of GT again. Everybody was there form DB,DBZ and GT.

The only ones that didn't show up was Tein, Lunch, Turtle Tenshinhan Old Master, Maron(Kirrlen old-girlfriend.) Chiztou, and gohan's friend Diccolo(he was the that help gohan get away form piccolo at the children home.)

Beside those Character's Everybody show up!! Everybody knows that GT was non-canon project, but they left those characters out on propose just because they didn't like them.

Then even showed the town saved by Gohan before he went and fought cell.
IT'S GOKUDEN/GOKUSS3!!!!

Well, maybe...anyways it could be.

Please don't say false things, UMMX.
Last edited by ShinRogafuken on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:29 pm

ShinRogafuken wrote:VegettoEX, you should really ban this guy.

Please don't say false things, UMMX.
Now now, the rules say not to insult other members. If you have a problem with someone, PM Mike and let him handle it.