How come Tien wasn't in the Buu Saga much?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ShinRogafuken
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ShinRogafuken » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:34 pm

Bussani wrote:
ShinRogafuken wrote:VegettoEX, you should really ban this guy.

Please don't say false things, UMMX.
Now now, the rules say not to insult other members. If you have a problem with someone, PM Mike and let him handle it.
Ah right.

UMMX

Post by UMMX » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:35 pm

Bussani wrote: Mr Toriyama probably doesn't even remember who Lunch is.

PS: Chiaotzu is never a king in the manga. Or the anime for that matter. Only in 1 movie and mentioned in the English version of a game for some reason, if I remember right.

Why Do you keep thing that Akira Toriyama empty-head. If he really was that old, or stupid he would not be putting Lunch in all those PS2 and PS3 Video Games. That show right there that Akira knows what he's doing.

I also Know That Akira Toriyama is not going to fuck up Dragonball Online because he doing the storyline.

Also you keep saying everything I said is bullshit but can you prove that it's bullshit.

But you know what.... It would be funny If VegettoEX and other elite just went ape-shit and came out, and just said

"You know UMMX is 95% and leave."

Then you guys would be even more pissed at me.

Tell me one good reason why? You dont believe me?
This takes me back early 97. I remember those days

http://daizex.db-destiny.net/Daizenshuu_EX_-_Episode_0070.mp3

I remember watch Dragonball on UPN or was in fox back in 1987. It air 4:00am in the morning.

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:38 pm

*In Johnny Cage voice*-"Where do ya get these guys!???"

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:39 pm

UMMX wrote:Why Do you keep thing that Akira Toriyama empty-head.
He forgot who TaoPaiPai is.
If he really was that old, or stupid he would not be putting Lunch in all those PS2 and PS3 Video Games. That show right there that Akira knows what he's doing.
Toriyama doesn't make the video games. He's not single-handedly responsible for anything and everything DragonBall.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:43 pm

UMMX wrote:Why Do you keep thing that Akira Toriyama empty-head. If he really was that old, or stupid he would not be putting Lunch in all those PS2 and PS3 Video Games. That show right there that Akira knows what he's doing.
Mr Toriyama is quite a forgetful guy. He outright admits that there are people that remember more about Dragon Ball than him. He even forgot who Tao Pai Pai was at one point, apparently.
Also you keep saying everything I said is bullshit but can you prove that it's bullshit.
Uh, how about Tenshinhan being as strong as a Super Saiyajin being a 'fact'? We've seen movie 9, he gets creamed by Trunks when he goes Super Saiyajin. So yeah, I dunno which movie you were watching.
Tell me one good reason why? You dont believe me?
Post some proof, then we'll believe you. If you had that Japanese page you couldn't read, someone like Herms would probably be nice enough to translate it for us. Also so many of your facts are outright wrong that it makes it difficult for us to believe you when you talk about rumors we've never heard of before. No offense.

Satan-Sama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Satan-Sama » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:17 pm

UMMX wrote:
Innagadadavida wrote:
UMMX wrote:It no Bull!!! Would you forget if some one whom you like, and allow to use your work Hung up on you? Why do you thing Akira Toriyama started his own Dragonballz Game company?

He was sick, and tried of Toei Animation fucking up his work. The real Reason why, Tein didn't get parts in any DragonballZ, and GT stuff was Toei hated the character.

Also did you notice that in GT everybody appear but those two.....
I'm starting to think that this guy really is a troll.
I am no troll, I am just telling the facts, but if you really need proof go watch the last 3 episode of GT again. Everybody was there form DB,DBZ and GT.

The only ones that didn't show up was Tein, Lunch, Turtle Tenshinhan Old Master, Maron(Kirrlen old-girlfriend.) Chiztou, and gohan's friend Diccolo(he was the that help gohan get away form piccolo at the children home.)

Beside those Character's Everybody show up!! Everybody knows that GT was non-canon project, but they left those characters out on propose just because they didn't like them.

Then even showed the town saved by Gohan before he went and fought cell.
You're either really GOOD at comedy or a complete idiot...
KRILLIN'S IN DA HOUSE!
AND HE IS LOOKING MONDO COOL!
SO DON'T BE CRAMPIN' HIS STYLE!

USSJed
Beyond Newbie

Post by USSJed » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:52 am

It no Bull!!! Would you forget if some one whom you like, and allow to use your work Hung up on you? Why do you thing Akira Toriyama started his own Dragonballz Game company?
Wut?
He was sick, and tried of Toei Animation fucking up his work. The real Reason why, Tein didn't get parts in any DragonballZ, and GT stuff was Toei hated the character.
Now this is just ridiculous. Did Toei write the manga? No. Did Tien have much of a role in the late manga? No.

Dun care about GT though.
Also did you notice that in GT everybody appear but those two.....
Chaotzu sucks, and Tiens VA died. I know thats why Tien was not in the DBZ Special. Tien is shown training with Chaotzu in GT at some point(based on a screenshot I saw, I don't actually remember jack from GT)
Wow, unreal, my gosh....This is amazing! I feel incredible! Yes Yes Yes Yes! I can win, I feel great, I can do this eyah!
-Piccolo, the Super Namek

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:55 am

UMMX wrote:
If he really was that old, or stupid he would not be putting Lunch in all those PS2 and PS3 Video Games. That show right there that Akira knows what he's doing.

Doo hoo hoo, I love when people like this show up. This is how you troll.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:13 am

USSJed wrote:Tenshinhan's VA died
He was still alive during GT; Hirotaka Suzuoki only died in 2006.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omegacwa » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:49 am

Has anyone else noticed that Tenshinhan doesn't age apparently. At the end of GT he is shown training in the mountains and he looks the same as he did in the android arc.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:55 pm

I think the case is really clear here...... Tienshinhan got lung cancer from his smoking behavior and that's why he isn't fighting anymore. When he saved Gohan in his big cameo, he was like: God damn it, that blast!!! I tought it will tear up my lungs from inside!!!! And then in GT, there are shots on Tien with Chaotzu, as they are working on tobbaco fields to please Tienshinhan with tons of tobacco.......
!NOTE! - physical signs of chemoteraphy aren't supposed to be seen on this character, but it's true
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Dr. Casey
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Dr. Casey » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:09 pm

omegacwa wrote:Has anyone else noticed that Tenshinhan doesn't age apparently. At the end of GT he is shown training in the mountains and he looks the same as he did in the android arc.
I think one of Tenshinhan's abilities is to absorb the youth from the people around him. That's why everyone looks in such rough shape during the 28th Tenkaichi Budokai when they're only in their 40s and early 50s.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:18 pm

Dr. Casey wrote:I think one of Tenshinhan's abilities is to absorb the youth from the people around him.
And you think this because...?
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Dr. Casey
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Dr. Casey » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:32 pm

Never mind that. I just read your sig... when did Toriyama die?!?!?!

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:36 pm

Dr. Casey wrote:Never mind that. I just read your sig... when did Toriyama die?!?!?!
Oh, yeah... last night in his sleep, I'm afraid. Heart attack. :(

shinaobi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by shinaobi » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:16 am

The Tori-bot wrote:
Dr. Casey wrote:Never mind that. I just read your sig... when did Toriyama die?!?!?!
Oh, yeah... last night in his sleep, I'm afraid. Heart attack. :(
The doctors said it was REALLY painful.
I dislike you intensely.(probably)