Filler scenes you wish were in the manga

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.
User avatar
DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here
Posts: 2739
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:37 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Tue May 12, 2009 4:45 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:
TheGreatness25 wrote:But that only makes sense. Why wouldn't the others help out Gohan when the planet is on the line? Their dear friend Goku just sacrificed his life and his son is the only one who stands a chance of getting rid of Cell. Of course they'd help out. I liked that scene. And I liked how it seemed so futile, it added that emotional element to it.

I actually enjoyed the Other World Tournament.
I wouldn't have liked that to be in the manga, because it contains so many plot-holes. Like how Paikuhan is able to beat Super Perfect Cell, yet fights evenly with Super Saiyan Goku.

Uhhh... No. Where have your eyes been looking at? Clearly, Goku was the one who was exhausting against Paikuhan. Paikuhan was the one who has done damages to Goku. That's not called even match. It is called outmatched. Goku didn't win with his strength. He won by outsmarting his opponent. Go back watching that filler and try to take a note. I hate when the fans say "Paikuhan is able to beat Super Perfect Cell, yet fights evenly with Super Saiyan Goku", when it really was not. Geez!! :x
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

rereboy
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10262
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:42 pm

Post by rereboy » Tue May 12, 2009 4:48 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:
TheGreatness25 wrote:But that only makes sense. Why wouldn't the others help out Gohan when the planet is on the line? Their dear friend Goku just sacrificed his life and his son is the only one who stands a chance of getting rid of Cell. Of course they'd help out. I liked that scene. And I liked how it seemed so futile, it added that emotional element to it.

I actually enjoyed the Other World Tournament.
I wouldn't have liked that to be in the manga, because it contains so many plot-holes. Like how Paikuhan is able to beat Super Perfect Cell, yet fights evenly with Super Saiyan Goku.

Uhhh... No. Where have your eyes been looking at? Clearly, Goku was the one who was exhausting against Paikuhan. Paikuhan was the one who has done damages to Goku. That's not called even match. It is called outmatched. Goku didn't win with his strength. He won by outsmarting his opponent. Go back watching that filler and try to take a note. I hate when the fans say "Paikuhan is able to beat Super Perfect Cell, yet fights evenly with Super Saiyan Goku", when it really was not. Geez!! :x
Still the fight is way more even than it should be if he was able to take down Cell with one or two blows (even if Cell didn`t see it coming).

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here
Posts: 2262
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:31 am

Post by Senzu_Bean » Tue May 12, 2009 5:03 pm

Goku had to rely on Kaioken while in SSJ to be capable of touch Paikuhan. Goku using Kaioken x2 while in SSJ is equal to a SSJ2 in power, thus when Paikuhan defeated Cell the latter was not powered-up. Plus that "flamed" technique that Paikuhan used against Cell is probably something like to Kaioken.

Oolong215
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:41 pm
Location: Washington, U.S.A.

Post by Oolong215 » Tue May 12, 2009 11:55 pm

I would have liked to see Kame-Sen'nin grabbing #18's boob in the crash. That was hilarious. In fact, most Kame-Sen'nin filler kicks ass.
How can thou be out of breath when thou hast breat to say thou art out of breath?

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here
Posts: 2262
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:31 am

Post by Senzu_Bean » Wed May 13, 2009 10:26 am

Goku's transformation into SSJ against #19 is also pretty nice in the Anime, contrary in the Manga.

User avatar
Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8749
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:23 am

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Wed May 13, 2009 11:53 am

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:
TheGreatness25 wrote:But that only makes sense. Why wouldn't the others help out Gohan when the planet is on the line? Their dear friend Goku just sacrificed his life and his son is the only one who stands a chance of getting rid of Cell. Of course they'd help out. I liked that scene. And I liked how it seemed so futile, it added that emotional element to it.

I actually enjoyed the Other World Tournament.
I wouldn't have liked that to be in the manga, because it contains so many plot-holes. Like how Paikuhan is able to beat Super Perfect Cell, yet fights evenly with Super Saiyan Goku.

Uhhh... No. Where have your eyes been looking at? Clearly, Goku was the one who was exhausting against Paikuhan. Paikuhan was the one who has done damages to Goku. That's not called even match. It is called outmatched. Goku didn't win with his strength. He won by outsmarting his opponent. Go back watching that filler and try to take a note. I hate when the fans say "Paikuhan is able to beat Super Perfect Cell, yet fights evenly with Super Saiyan Goku", when it really was not. Geez!! :x
What the fuck are you talking about? Paikuhan and SSJ Goku were even, Paikuhan was only beating Goku because of his speed and the Thunder Flash. Maybe it wasn't an even match, but the two fighters were certainly even. Where have your eyes been looking at?
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

User avatar
DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here
Posts: 2739
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:37 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Wed May 13, 2009 3:58 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote: I wouldn't have liked that to be in the manga, because it contains so many plot-holes. Like how Paikuhan is able to beat Super Perfect Cell, yet fights evenly with Super Saiyan Goku.

Uhhh... No. Where have your eyes been looking at? Clearly, Goku was the one who was exhausting against Paikuhan. Paikuhan was the one who has done damages to Goku. That's not called even match. It is called outmatched. Goku didn't win with his strength. He won by outsmarting his opponent. Go back watching that filler and try to take a note. I hate when the fans say "Paikuhan is able to beat Super Perfect Cell, yet fights evenly with Super Saiyan Goku", when it really was not. Geez!! :x
What the heck are you talking about? Paikuhan and SSJ Goku were even, Paikuhan was only beating Goku because of his speed and the Thunder Flash. Maybe it wasn't an even match, but the two fighters were certainly even. Where have your eyes been looking at?


I can't stop laughing. Not ever. :lol:

Maybe you should go to the doctor to check and see if your eyes are deteriorating badly. Sorry, buddy. Can't borrow ya my glasses. :lol:

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with the likes of you.

Goku had to rely on Kaio Ken, even if it's brief time. Having more speed is an advantage. More speed is the edge you need to annihilate your opponent. Just because you saw SSJ2 Gohan had an even fight with Cell doesn't mean he's equal to Cell.

End of the line.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

User avatar
Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8749
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:23 am

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Fri May 15, 2009 12:43 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:
Uhhh... No. Where have your eyes been looking at? Clearly, Goku was the one who was exhausting against Paikuhan. Paikuhan was the one who has done damages to Goku. That's not called even match. It is called outmatched. Goku didn't win with his strength. He won by outsmarting his opponent. Go back watching that filler and try to take a note. I hate when the fans say "Paikuhan is able to beat Super Perfect Cell, yet fights evenly with Super Saiyan Goku", when it really was not. Geez!! :x
What the heck are you talking about? Paikuhan and SSJ Goku were even, Paikuhan was only beating Goku because of his speed and the Thunder Flash. Maybe it wasn't an even match, but the two fighters were certainly even. Where have your eyes been looking at?


I can't stop laughing. Not ever. :lol:

Maybe you should go to the doctor to check and see if your eyes are deteriorating badly. Sorry, buddy. Can't borrow ya my glasses. :lol:

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with the likes of you.

Goku had to rely on Kaio Ken, even if it's brief time. Having more speed is an advantage. More speed is the edge you need to annihilate your opponent. Just because you saw SSJ2 Gohan had an even fight with Cell doesn't mean he's equal to Cell.

End of the line.
:roll:

Whatever. You don't have to insult me for having an opinion, you know. From what I gathered from the fight, SSJ Goku and Paikuhan were even, Paikuhan was just faster and kept spamming the Thunder Flash. Goku was injured from that Thunder Flash, so he used the Super Kaio-ken to overpower Paikuhan. Before that, they were even. If they weren't so even, why did it take Paikuhan so long to almost knock Goku out the ring? OK, so possibly Paikuhan was stronger than Goku, but it wasn't a huge gap. That's what I think, anyway.

You're probably still going to be stubborn and reject the fact that my opinion's different to yours. Meh. I don't really give a crap anymore. I admit I may've insulted you in my last comment, but I've learned. You should learn to accept the fact that not everyone has the same opinions as you.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

User avatar
Rod
Regular
Posts: 714
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:56 pm
Location: Mexico
Contact:

Post by Rod » Tue May 19, 2009 11:44 pm

In the final battle with Majin Buu, more characters are seen helping with the Genki Dama in the anime, than in the manga. I loved that scene

User avatar
Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7753
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Quebec, Canada

Post by Dayspring » Wed May 20, 2009 1:14 pm

Rod wrote:In the final battle with Majin Buu, more characters are seen helping with the Genki Dama in the anime, than in the manga. I loved that scene
I think I'd prefer that, too. I was always disappointed when I found out that #17's bulky clothing was because it was originally supposed to be Lunch.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

User avatar
The Tori-bot
I Live Here
Posts: 3228
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:00 pm
Location: Penguin Village
Contact:

Post by The Tori-bot » Thu May 21, 2009 11:57 am

Dayspring wrote:
Rod wrote:In the final battle with Majin Buu, more characters are seen helping with the Genki Dama in the anime, than in the manga. I loved that scene
I think I'd prefer that, too. I was always disappointed when I found out that #17's bulky clothing was because it was originally supposed to be Lunch.
Wait... what? :?
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

User avatar
Mr. Announcer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 464
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:28 pm
Location: Maryland
Contact:

Post by Mr. Announcer » Thu May 21, 2009 12:13 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:
Dayspring wrote:
Rod wrote:In the final battle with Majin Buu, more characters are seen helping with the Genki Dama in the anime, than in the manga. I loved that scene
I think I'd prefer that, too. I was always disappointed when I found out that #17's bulky clothing was because it was originally supposed to be Lunch.
Wait... what? :?
Seconded.

I too would have liked some more of Gohan's training under Piccolo and his individual struggles to have been in the manga. It really fleshed him out much more as a character in the anime, even though I know it's not in Toriyama's style to derail from the main plotline for character development or any reason really. It also helped make Piccolo's will to sacrifice himself a little more believable.

Also, my inner fangirl prefers Gokuh's recovering from illness scene in the anime better...
For fanart that lacks in variety [url]http://www.announcerguy.deviantart.com[/url]

クリリンのことか~!!!

User avatar
Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus
Posts: 10550
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:40 pm
Location: Jupiter
Contact:

Post by Herms » Thu May 21, 2009 12:33 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:
Dayspring wrote:I was always disappointed when I found out that #17's bulky clothing was because it was originally supposed to be Lunch.
Wait... what? :?
I don't know about the bulky clothing part, but Toriyama said in Daizenshuu 7 that he originally intended to draw Lunch where No.17 ultimately was shown during the Super Genki-Dama scenes:
Where did Lunch go?

Lunch went chasing after Tenshinhan. While Tenshinhan and Chaozu where training, they moved from place to place, so Lunch was unable to meet up with them. This is extremely off-topic, but when #17 appears again near the end, in the rough-draft Lunch was actually the one drawn there.

[picture of Bulma asking Kuririn where Lunch is, along with a picture of #17 from the end of the series] Originally, I was thinking of #17's line near the end as being Lunch's line.
This explains why No.17 says "there's a voice I haven't heard in a long time", when he actually should have never heard Goku's voice.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

User avatar
Catterix2006
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:49 am
Location: London, UK

Post by Catterix2006 » Thu May 21, 2009 1:32 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote: I hate when the fans say "Paikuhan is able to beat Super Perfect Cell, yet fights evenly with Super Saiyan Goku", when it really was not. Geez!! :x
Yes, because that's such a commonly said phrase. :wink: Really niggles my nipples.

Anyhow, I think I'm a religously-bound lover of the scene where the Z fighters help Gohan out against Cell. It does lessen the impact of Vegeta slightly, but in turn it makes everyone else look like cowards. And it's not like Vegeta didn't already get his chance to attack Cell head-on just ten minutes before.

I'm hoping that given the filler they've been keeping in Kai, that scene will remain, it'll make Kai just perfect in my eyes.
I love humans, always seeing patterns in things that aren't there.

User avatar
Rocketman
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10799
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:17 pm

Post by Rocketman » Thu May 21, 2009 7:26 pm

Catterix2006 wrote:It does lessen the impact of Vegeta slightly, but in turn it makes everyone else look like cowards.
The blast from the Kamehameha beams colliding threw everybody away, then Vegeta intervened as they were all standing back up. What part of that makes them cowards?

User avatar
Velasa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1769
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:55 am
Location: Philly
Contact:

Post by Velasa » Fri May 22, 2009 12:21 am

Seconding Gohan's training as a kid, for the same reasons Mr. Announcer gave (fleshing out everything so much more and really adding a punch to what happens later). Well those and Piccolo levitating pyramids with his mind is awesome.

I personally like when Gohan, Bulma and Krillian find the space nomads too for kind of the same reasons. It shows the echo left behind from the tyrant before you actually see him, it's a neat kind of foreshadowing.

Seconding the others helping during the Gohan/Cell blast, because I can't really comprehend Gohan's designated bodyguard just hanging out when it's at all possible to get to the kid. I don't really buy that only Veg had enough drive to get in.

The Mutaito and his pupils flashbacks, of course, both when Son goes to visit the past and when Roshi is telling the story of battling Daimaou.

There's a bunch more little things but that's what I have right now.
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

User avatar
Rocketman
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10799
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:17 pm

Post by Rocketman » Mon May 25, 2009 9:41 pm

Velasa wrote:Seconding the others helping during the Gohan/Cell blast, because I can't really comprehend Gohan's designated bodyguard just hanging out when it's at all possible to get to the kid.
IT WASN'T POSSIBLE

THERE WAS NO TIME

WHY IS NO-ONE LISTENING TO ME

User avatar
Rod
Regular
Posts: 714
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:56 pm
Location: Mexico
Contact:

Post by Rod » Mon May 25, 2009 11:23 pm

Rocketman wrote:
Velasa wrote:Seconding the others helping during the Gohan/Cell blast, because I can't really comprehend Gohan's designated bodyguard just hanging out when it's at all possible to get to the kid.
IT WASN'T POSSIBLE

THERE WAS NO TIME

WHY IS NO-ONE LISTENING TO ME
Is there a clip for this? I have no idea what you're all talking about :oops:

Smooth Criminal
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:00 pm

Post by Smooth Criminal » Mon May 25, 2009 11:26 pm

Vegeta actually seeing Goku as a SSJ during the fight against Freeza. I felt this was an important moment; would have been nice to see in the manga.

User avatar
Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8749
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:23 am

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Wed May 27, 2009 5:51 am

I liked the filler scenes of Chibi Piccolo Junior. It gave me more insight into his personality, especially the part when he broke into that family's house and killed their dog.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Post Reply