Kai Episode 12 (21 June 2009)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:01 am

SSj_Rambo wrote:Stuff about Piccolo and Goku in Episode 12.
While I can agree that they could've done more for Piccolo's death, I didn't notice it bothering me as I watched it the first time.

As for Goku's entrance, I wholeheartedly agree. It was awesome.

And, for the fight against Nappa, I thought it worked out just fine! Like I said about Piccolo, it didn't bother me the first time I watched it. A lot of these things that might come to bother me in Kai don't do so until someone says something. And even then it usually doesn't bother me that much.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:05 pm

Kendamu wrote:
While I can agree that they could've done more for Piccolo's death, I didn't notice it bothering me as I watched it the first time.

And, for the fight against Nappa, I thought it worked out just fine! Like I said about Piccolo, it didn't bother me the first time I watched it. A lot of these things that might come to bother me in Kai don't do so until someone says something. And even then it usually doesn't bother me that much.
I totally understand that, most of the stuff people have been bothered by thus hasn't really affected me, it's just that I've always had an affinity to this scene of Piccolo's death. In fact, it was pretty much the sole reason I joined this forum (after being a fan of the site for several months), though I ended up coming back for other obvious reasons.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:19 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:
Kendamu wrote:

I totally understand that, most of the stuff people have been bothered by thus hasn't really affected me, it's just that I've always had an affinity to this scene of Piccolo's death. In fact, it was pretty much the sole reason I joined this forum (after being a fan of the site for several months), though I ended up coming back for other obvious reasons.
I completely understand. I'm likely going to be bothered by how they handle Gohan's SSj2 transformation at the Cell Game not matter what.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:22 am

For anyone that's interested, we have our review up on Kanzentai for the twelfth episode of DragonBall Kai. I hope everyone enjoys it!

DBK Episode 012, "The Tears Piccolo Shed... Son Goku's Furious Counterattack!"

Credits:
Manga Comparison: Herms
Original Broadcast Comparison: Hujio
Music/Voice Performance Comparison: DBW
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:09 am

Hujio wrote:For anyone that's interested, we have our review up on Kanzentai for the twelfth episode of DragonBall Kai. I hope everyone enjoys it!

DBK Episode 012, "The Tears Piccolo Shed... Son Goku's Furious Counterattack!"

Credits:
Manga Comparison: Herms
Original Broadcast Comparison: Hujio
Music/Voice Performance Comparison: DBW

Aw, they removed Vegeta's brown highlights? :(
I liked that about his hair.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:55 am

This has probably been mentioned already, but the music that plays during "that scene" sounds like a rendition of one of the Dragon World pieces from Budokai 2.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.