20th Anniversary Contest (Live, In-Progress)

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mike D
Regular

Post by Mike D » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:01 pm

I took it. And now I am revising it.

EDIT: OMG! I got 81 wrong!

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:26 pm

Will you be putting up the runner-ups, or basically all scores, on the site as well? Because I really do wanna know if I even got so much as close, because that would really increase my disappointment. Then I could bury myself in my shame and cry myself to sleep. That would be so awesome.

Seriously, though.
[url=http://www.projectafter.com]Project AFTER[/url]: Every fanfiction's worst nightmare.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:30 pm

I'm not even completely grading some of these. For example, the best one so far is a 96%. As I'm grading, if this particular sheet has at least five wrong, they're obviously out... so I just stop there. It keeps me from going insane.

All of the answers, such as where the images come from, will be posted when the contest is over, so you can grade yourself :).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Mike D
Regular

Post by Mike D » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:36 pm

Damn, about how many entries did you get?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:40 pm

Just under 40, thus far. Not sure if that's a lot or not enough :).
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:43 pm

Well, it's only been two hours, and you gotta remember Daizex has a lot of visitors who aren't from America and thus from a different time zone, as well. For instance, it's five AM here. Wheeee!!
[url=http://www.projectafter.com]Project AFTER[/url]: Every fanfiction's worst nightmare.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:45 pm

It's been under 3 hours out of 24. I'm guessing you'll have a lot of entries when you check your inbox in the morning...

Might want to pull an all-nighter, eh? :)

Edit: I got beaten to a post, again, sort of... whatever.

Nice Light avatar, Dai.

Mike D
Regular

Post by Mike D » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:48 pm

5 am! Where are you, Italy?

Question for Ex. Is the person with 96% part of the forum?

Fuujin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Fuujin » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:57 pm

Wow... That's gotta take up some bandwidth.

BTW, question 70 is just sub-par.
It's party time, Ginyu style!

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:00 am

I'm not saying anything about anyone and their respective entries other than the leading person has 96% ^^;;.

Mike D
Regular

Post by Mike D » Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:08 am

Well will you explain where the pictures for the "wrong" answers come from? I mean, after you grade them all of course.

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:16 am

VegettoEX wrote:I'm not even completely grading some of these. For example, the best one so far is a 96%. As I'm grading, if this particular sheet has at least five wrong, they're obviously out... so I just stop there. It keeps me from going insane.

All of the answers, such as where the images come from, will be posted when the contest is over, so you can grade yourself :).
Luckily people pay attention.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:26 am

Yep, just like all the people sending MS Word documents and entries with no names or e-mail addresses :).

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:36 am

Just sent my entry, and I feel more or less sure about its accuracy. Unfortunately, my peculiar gift to tell the difference between Toriyama's and other's art was not as good as it normally is. I didn't really revise mine...I just sent it in as soon as I finished the form.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

number18
Beyond Newbie

Post by number18 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:41 am

Well that was fun. So tempted to look up the Krillin/18 kiss image, but I was HARDCORE and didn't. I hope my methods for picking out landscape images was correct.

I would love to do pretty good, but I'm betting that I made a lot of sloppy mistakes, just like on all my math tests in high school!!
[size=75]"Are we gonna continue?"
"Of course."
"That's the spirit."

[url=http://www.lovelycyborg.com/]Lovely Cyborg[/url][/size]

Mattias
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mattias » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:14 am

VegettoEX wrote:Yep, just like all the people sending MS Word documents and entries with no names or e-mail addresses :).
Heh, I once ran a website and had every key element in bold and even had an increased font size so people could see it, and there was still the odd person who just skimmed through every detail and did exactly what I asked them not to do. It's fun to get those kinds of entries, isn't it? :D
[i]"Well, Diane, I'm sure you and your brother are devistated for the two-headed monster that could have been,"[/i] ~ Tom Tucker.

Jord
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jord » Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:27 am

Cool contest. I was expecting the usual 3 question-contest, but it turned out to be much better. I probably haven't won, but I must say that there were some very easy ones and some very hard ones like the ones where no character is present on the picture.