Post your Kanzentai contest entry

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post your Kanzentai contest entry

Post by SSJ Helldog » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:35 am

Loved the pictures posted for Kanzentai's recent "who else should go SSJ3" contest, and I figured a lot of entrants would be on here, so post away! I'll start:

I have the drawing skills of a child (not a particularly bright one, either), so I usually Photoshop stuff. I'm great with Photoshop, but... looks like it's not installed on this computer! And so I had to use Paint, which I've never used before. To make up for this cop-out of an entry, I present an original story:

Just after Goku leaves for wherever-the-fuck at the end of GT, Bulma notices --gasp-- a grey hair. Realizing that no store is open this late and she'll have to wait until tomorrow to buy hair dye, she turns her GI-Joe-Satellite-Tank-Thing (man GT sucked) that helped Vegeta reach SSJ4 on herself. She thinks it will make her younger, and it does - as well as making her a SSJ3! Since Super Saiyan is just a power multiplier (isn't it? power levels confuse and bore me) this doesn't account for much. She's now able to bench press about 500 lbs, which isn't such a marketable life skill. Doing some digging, she discovers that the reason she's a SSJ at all is because he actual father was Future Trunks. Initially he set the wrong date and ended up at Capsule Corps about 17 years prior to the beginning of DB. A brief (pun intended) affair with Bulma's mom results in Bulma being half Saiyan. Thus, Bulma is her own grandmother and her mom is a gold-digging adulterous slut, which I've been saying all along.

End.

Officer Hippoface sez: "I don't take kindly to vigilantes in my town."

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:46 am

I'd still do her.
On that note, Toei really improved that scene when they adapted the panel from the manga. Toriyama drew her legs too... Blockish? Fatish? Dunno, I really prefer Toei's curvier nudie Bulma.

"Yamhan was my top pick for a what-if character. It just dawned on me that the reason he wasn't in the game is because he isn't a Super Saiyan 3. Well, now he is."

I didn't have a backstory. Also, I used a Gogeta pic for reference. A particularly easy one to find at that, just google Gogeta and you'll see it.

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:51 am

^ There was no doubt in my mind that that one was from you.

worldmonsters
Patreon Supporter

Post by worldmonsters » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:43 pm

See fullsize at: http://dougurasu.deviantart.com/art/Pan ... -144516829 :D

She never got Super Saiyajin :p let's give her Super Saiyajin 3 I thought. Is the contest already over tho?

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:48 pm

worldmonsters wrote:Is the contest already over tho?

Yeah, it's over. Your submission is on the main page at Kanzentai, btw.

worldmonsters
Patreon Supporter

Post by worldmonsters » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:41 am

SSJ Helldog wrote:
worldmonsters wrote:Is the contest already over tho?

Yeah, it's over. Your submission is on the main page at Kanzentai, btw.
Hey, it is XD Awesome! I LOVE the King of the World SSJ 3, that's brilliant!

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:57 pm

Just now checking my mail and the forums and the kanzentai. I got one of those short of breath type of deals. I said this in the comments over there, but I figured I'd say it here too lol; I've never won anything in my life. :D

I thought about doing a hilarious one, but I figured I had enough freetime, so I'd give a go at coloring something real nice-like. And I figured, since Kanzentai has plenty of images, I'd use one of their own pics.

Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

IncompetentOverlord
Beyond Newbie

Post by IncompetentOverlord » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:22 pm

nathantheguitarist wrote:Just now checking my mail and the forums and the kanzentai. I got one of those short of breath type of deals. I said this in the comments over there, but I figured I'd say it here too lol; I've never won anything in my life. :D

I thought about doing a hilarious one, but I figured I had enough freetime, so I'd give a go at coloring something real nice-like. And I figured, since Kanzentai has plenty of images, I'd use one of their own pics.

Wow. That's probably the most official looking fanart I've ever seen.

Good Job! :D
Stuff I Know About: Hellsing, Detective Conan, Macross, GaoGaiGar, Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, Kaiji, Hetalia, Fullmetal Alchemist, Captain Harlock, Digimon, Berserk, Dragon Ball, One Piece, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Yu Yu Hakusho, Cyborg 009, Lupin III, Ultimate Muscle/Kinnikuman, Discworld, Avatar: The Last Airbender, TMNT, Futurama, Invader Zim, South Park, Sandman, Marvel, DC, Scott Pilgrim, Star Wars, Godzilla, Doctor Who, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, Kingdom Hearts, and Sonic the Hedgehog

nathantheguitarist

Post by nathantheguitarist » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:58 pm

Well, it's official looking from the fact that it was just an outline at first. If you meant the colors, then yeah, I tried hard to use the eyedropper tool accurately. It wasn't until I had colored the entire purple part, before I realized that it was Bojack-Gohan. Thus the red undershirt. :lol:

This is the original. (I can't find it on Kanzentai's actual site... It was sitting on my hard drive for a while, soooo...)

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/711/ ... 2gohan.png
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:48 am

That Gohan is the Dragonball AF "proof" of the future!

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:24 am

Ya'll don't see much fanart do you? There is a lot of shit, but there are a lot of reaaallly good ones too. That Gohan being one of them.

Supreme Stephan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Supreme Stephan » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:31 pm

My entry :)

nathantheguitarist

Post by nathantheguitarist » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:05 pm

That Tarble is awesome. :shock:

And SSJHelldog, your SSJBulma got taken down. :P

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:23 pm

nathantheguitarist wrote: And SSJHelldog, your SSJBulma got taken down. :P
So the slightest hint of butt crack (animated, at that) is too taboo for Photobucket now? Is it run by Islamic fundamentalists or something?

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:36 am

SSJ Helldog wrote:So the slightest hint of butt crack (animated, at that) is too taboo for Photobucket now? Is it run by Islamic fundamentalists or something?
They took down Botticelli's Birth of Venus, a 500 year old world-famous work of art. Signs point to yes.

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:38 am

Rocketman wrote:
SSJ Helldog wrote:So the slightest hint of butt crack (animated, at that) is too taboo for Photobucket now? Is it run by Islamic fundamentalists or something?
They took down Botticelli's Birth of Venus, a 500 year old world-famous work of art. Signs point to yes.
Whoa. Wow.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:47 am

Photobucket is lame anyway. All the cool kids use Tinypic. No registration!