Changes Coming...

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Changes Coming...

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:37 am

It looks really nice and professional, but I'm not sure how I feel about the gradient transparency towards the bottom...
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Taku128 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:40 am

It looks great! I sort of feel like the blue (or is it purple?) should be a lighter shade, but it matches the color of the logo on the main site, so I'm not sure why. Maybe because all of the links and boxes on the forums are a slightly lighter shade.
­

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:40 am

MarcFBR wrote:New logo is up.

Let us know what you think, I'll wait to make my comments until a few people get their thoughts in.
I like it. Very catching. I'm curious how it would look without the fading at the bottom though.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:06 am

It's very nice, clean, and simple. I like it. :3

Also like the fact that its got the Daizex url in the logo. That looks helpful.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:32 am

Metalwario64 wrote:It looks really nice and professional, but I'm not sure how I feel about the gradient transparency towards the bottom...
Same here. The main site has the same fade but doesn't look as strange with the white bg.
Taku128 wrote:It looks great! I sort of feel like the blue (or is it purple?) should be a lighter shade, but it matches the color of the logo on the main site, so I'm not sure why. Maybe because all of the links and boxes on the forums are a slightly lighter shade.
Clearly the forum colours (at least) will have to be changed.
Chuquita wrote:Also like the fact that its got the Daizex url in the logo. That looks helpful.
That's the part I like least about it. Cluttered, distracting, different colour.

PS- If someone wants to just type me the kana in the logo it'd really save me some time trying to do it myself.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:08 pm

I think the logo looks awesome. The font almost looks DragonBall-ish.

mysteriousdbzgt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mysteriousdbzgt » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:24 pm

The logo looks very nice!
Just another Dragon Ball fangirl in the world.

DB & Tiger and Bunny are my main fandoms, along with many other animes.

Deviantart Profile/ Tiger & Bunnyftw tumblr/ mysteriousdbzgt tumblr / My Anime List Profile

Amigo Ten
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Amigo Ten » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:47 pm

Is there still no option to set a favicon for the site?

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:44 pm

It's a little weird to have both the image and the text there, but I do like the image, looks very nice. Finally starting to feel like the old board in terms of look.
-Laserkid

MarcFBR
Advanced Regular

Post by MarcFBR » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:58 pm

desirecampbell wrote:Clearly the forum colours (at least) will have to be changed.
That's your opinion, and there is no plan to change them at the moment.
desirecampbell wrote:That's the part I like least about it. Cluttered, distracting, different colour.
And yet it was there in the last logo, we just shifted the color of the url so it was more readable.

The logo was strictly based on the old one, only two things were changed. The font/color of the url, and the font of Daizenshuu.
Visit The Fanboy Review for anime reviews.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:32 am

You also should do so that a new window or tab pop up when you click a link in a forum post.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:00 am

I was just wondering: would it be possible to add a 'first unread' kind of link/icon alongside a thread's title/link, so you could click it from there instead of needing to go into the thread first? Obviously not a huge deal at all; it would only save 1 click and I'm not sure if it would take up space or look tacky, but I'd certainly find it useful. Especially when looking at threads from 'View new posts' and the like.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:26 am

@sangofe:
If Mike wants that, Mike can have that. For now, though, there's always right clicking (or, if you're awesome and configured your settings properly, middle clicking.)

@Bussani:
Technically, there already is something like that implemented by default. Its that section of the display that says "Last Post" when you view the index or forums, if you click the icon with an arrow and a piece of paper, you'll be directed to the latest post of the thread.

Of course, that's useless if you haven't read the thread at all, or it moved on fairly steadily since you did; but inherently the problem is, it really isn't so simple as smacking an icon and a link down, but instead, I'd need to do a fairly sizable bit of modification to the underlying architecture, and this assumes phpBB3 has the hooks I'd need to easily obtain, store, and pass that information back and forth as needed. And this would have to work for every post in the entire forum.

Needless to say, its a little... complicated. It's likely doable, but needless to say, I am not excessively well versed in the phpBB software these days. If I ever was to begin with.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:39 am

lost in thought wrote:Technically, there already is something like that implemented by default. Its that section of the display that says "Last Post" when you view the index or forums, if you click the icon with an arrow and a piece of paper, you'll be directed to the latest post of the thread.

Of course, that's useless if you haven't read the thread at all, or it moved on fairly steadily since you did; but inherently the problem is, it really isn't so simple as smacking an icon and a link down, but instead, I'd need to do a fairly sizable bit of modification to the underlying architecture, and this assumes phpBB3 has the hooks I'd need to easily obtain, store, and pass that information back and forth as needed. And this would have to work for every post in the entire forum.

Needless to say, its a little... complicated. It's likely doable, but needless to say, I am not excessively well versed in the phpBB software these days. If I ever was to begin with.
Ah, I see. Well, thanks kindly for the quick reply.

I did a quick Google search and found a question similar to mine. It looks like PHPBB3 has a style that does this in a pretty non-tacky way, but I don't know how you implement it, or if you have to change the whole board's style just to do so.

Eh, like I said, it was just an idea.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:26 pm

lost in thought wrote:@sangofe:
If Mike wants that, Mike can have that. For now, though, there's always right clicking (or, if you're awesome and configured your settings properly, middle clicking.)
I want it. Make it so, minion!

(Ya' know, if it's easy to configure somewhere without much effort.)
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:02 pm

I wonder if there are any plans to put in a Quick Reply option at the bottom of the page.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:24 pm

Raki wrote:I wonder if there are any plans to put in a Quick Reply option at the bottom of the page.
I specifically disabled it. People don't need any more reasons to put less thought into their responses. Every extra action necessary to respond means you have to think about it that much longer, which is exactly what I want :).
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:55 pm

I just noticed something earlier today. On the previous board version, as an Assistant Mod I could look up and compare members' IP addresses, which was kinda useful at times. With the upgrade, either that seems to be an Admin-exclusive ability now, or I'm just clueless and can't figure out how or where to do it. Could anyone shed some light on this for me?
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:51 pm

It's still there. Rather than the top-right, the options for posts are in the bottom-right (delete a post, etc.). To look at IPs, it's the question mark image.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:22 pm

Bingo! There it is. Thanks.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!