Unreleased US Dragon Ball BGM projects

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Big Boss
Regular

Re: Unreleased US Dragon Ball BGM projects

Post by Big Boss » Thu May 27, 2010 11:57 am

cRookie_Monster wrote:If you guys want a longer version of Calm\Dark Calm, I just put this up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15AsaiXr0kI

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9199147

As usual, I can't do the real thing or I could get in trouble, but its fun to try to capture the original vibe with an alternate idea.

I threw some guitar in for the last quarter of the tune, actually is my fav part of this version. Don't think I've featured my jazz guitar playing in anything yet.
Wow, awesome! Lovin' the vibes off this one. Better than your original. :D

cRookie_Monster
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by cRookie_Monster » Thu May 27, 2010 3:20 pm

Big Boss wrote:
Wow, awesome! Lovin' the vibes off this one. Better than your original. :D

Thanks! :) It's sometimes daunting to match the original, cause the original idea often feels so obvious and the right thing to do....then you have to go and change it..
- Scott
http://morganstudios.com

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Thu May 27, 2010 7:52 pm

Love that new track, Mr. Morgan! It's mellow, definitely my style.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Fri May 28, 2010 4:27 am

Big Boss wrote: Wow, awesome! Lovin' the vibes off this one. Better than your original. :D
Agreed. Although I only just heard the original today. :P

Coycoy88
Beyond Newbie

Post by Coycoy88 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:15 am

Hey Scott, I have a small little question. Do you by chance, know what the studio name of that short unreleased track that played as Gohan, Krillin, Yamcha, and Trunks were flying down Kami's Lookout (After Cell's defeat) saying goodbye to one another? I just would like to know since I'm just about finished ripping it, and I have no idea what to name it... xD; Bah, I can't upload anything right now, since Wildblue (My internet provider) slowed down by internet connection to dial-up speed due to me going over by Bandwidth limit, So it's gonna be a couple weeks before they restore my speed. Oh well, It gives me time to work on more tracks, aha.
My Youtube account (Coycoy88)

I primarily rip and upload unreleased Faulconer Productions music, as well as some other American dub music.

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:24 am

cRookie_Monster wrote:If you guys want a longer version of Calm\Dark Calm, I just put this up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15AsaiXr0kI

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9199147

As usual, I can't do the real thing or I could get in trouble, but its fun to try to capture the original vibe with an alternate idea.

I threw some guitar in for the last quarter of the tune, actually is my fav part of this version. Don't think I've featured my jazz guitar playing in anything yet.
Reminds me of something from the Mother series. Oh! The coffee/tea break scenes from Mother 2! Good work, Scott! That's an extremely pleasant piece.
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

cRookie_Monster
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by cRookie_Monster » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:59 am

Coycoy88 wrote:Hey Scott, I have a small little question. Do you by chance, know what the studio name of that short unreleased track that played as Gohan, Krillin, Yamcha, and Trunks were flying down Kami's Lookout (After Cell's defeat) saying goodbye to one another? I just would like to know since I'm just about finished ripping it, and I have no idea what to name it... xD; Bah, I can't upload anything right now, since Wildblue (My internet provider) slowed down by internet connection to dial-up speed due to me going over by Bandwidth limit, So it's gonna be a couple weeks before they restore my speed. Oh well, It gives me time to work on more tracks, aha.
Do you have a YT clip (or other)?

Thanks linkdude :)
- Scott

Coycoy88
Beyond Newbie

Post by Coycoy88 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:07 am

cRookie_Monster wrote: Do you have a YT clip (or other)?
Oops! xD Here ya go. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt3PuXNzCS0

It starts at about 1:17. It's getting tougher and tougher to find good dbz clips on Youtube now a days.... What with Toei and Funimation taking them down on a daily basis.

I primarily rip and upload unreleased Faulconer Productions music, as well as some other American dub music.

Coycoy88
Beyond Newbie

Post by Coycoy88 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:28 am

Even with my current slow connection, I managed to upload one of my more recent rips. It's more or less the full Android 19 theme.(Well fans have called it his theme) I got it from the scene where Chichi is dancing at that party (Episode 288 - He's always Late) Heh,I don't think this extended version of the track even played during the Android Saga.

Android 19's Full Theme

cRookie_Monster
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by cRookie_Monster » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:17 am

Coycoy88 wrote:Even with my current slow connection, I managed to upload one of my more recent rips. It's more or less the full Android 19 theme.(Well fans have called it his theme) I got it from the scene where Chichi is dancing at that party (Episode 288 - He's always Late) Heh,I don't think this extended version of the track even played during the Android Saga.

Android 19's Full Theme
Hmm sounds like one of my hack jobs of one of Mike's arrangements. Dang it what track is that....

btw I always kind considered the "Goku battles 19" piece to be 19's theme.
- Scott

Coycoy88
Beyond Newbie

Post by Coycoy88 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:30 pm

cRookie_Monster wrote: Hmm sounds like one of my hack jobs of one of Mike's arrangements. Dang it what track is that....

btw I always kind considered the "Goku battles 19" piece to be 19's theme.
To tell you the truth, I never really noticed this track until someone brought it to my attention. I like the random electronic feel it gives off, lol. xD I do remember small parts of it played at the very beginning of (Episode 130 - the Secret Of Dr. Gero) as Android 19 was punching on SSJ Vegeta. It was right before Vegeta said, "Just as I thought, your nothing!" Man..... sure were a lot of epic tracks during that fight.

MetalMadness
Beyond Newbie

Post by MetalMadness » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:51 pm

So today I thought to randomly email Bruce, and I got a reply

My message was:

Hello, I was wondering if you were aware of the petitions going on for the unreleased DBZ soundtracks to be released. Do you have any plans in the near future to release them?

His reply:

I wasn't aware of it, but thanks for your email and letting me know. I am appreciative of the people who like my music.

Thank you for your support.

Best regards
Bruce Faulconer

It's nice to see that he does actually pay attention to the emails, I recommend you guys start emailing him as well, maybe he'll be convinced to release the tracks

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:31 pm

What's the email?

MetalMadness
Beyond Newbie

Post by MetalMadness » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:45 pm

Cableguy15
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Cableguy15 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:59 pm

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this theme was unreleased or not?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5mW--6Ns5M

The theme from 4:00 to 6:45

I ask because info on the Funimation release of the Bardock special ost is very, very scarce and I wasn't sure if this was done by an actual band (Such as Superstar by Saliva which played just before) or was filler music for a movie (Like what Mark Menza did in a few of the movies).

Coycoy88
Beyond Newbie

Post by Coycoy88 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:46 am

MetalMadness wrote:So today I thought to randomly email Bruce, and I got a reply

My message was:

Hello, I was wondering if you were aware of the petitions going on for the unreleased DBZ soundtracks to be released. Do you have any plans in the near future to release them?

His reply:

I wasn't aware of it, but thanks for your email and letting me know. I am appreciative of the people who like my music.

Thank you for your support.

Best regards
Bruce Faulconer

It's nice to see that he does actually pay attention to the emails, I recommend you guys start emailing him as well, maybe he'll be convinced to release the tracks
It's nice to see that he's actually aware of the petition now. ^^ Unfortunately, Bruce no longer holds the rights to the music used in Z, So he can't released anymore Cd's unless (I'm assuming) Funimation gave him the thumbs up/permission. I really wish they would. D: Since they seem to be slowly straying aware from dub music altogether and using the original Japanese score for their Anime dubs (DBZ Kai as an example) I really wish they would just give Bruce permission to release at least a couple more CD's. There are still many Z dub music fans out there who would LOVE to have these tracks. It's one of the reasons I spend so much time and energy on my rips. I've got a great passion for the music lol.

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:57 am

So it's useless to email Bruce anyway because he doesn't have the right either, someone should email FUNi to release them. although I'm not a fan of BF BGM because I think I'm never hear it.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:48 am

Goku100xKamehameha wrote:So it's useless to email Bruce anyway because he doesn't have the right either, someone should email FUNi to release them. although I'm not a fan of BF BGM because I think I'm never hear it.
You've never heard any of it? I personally like his music on it's own because I don't feel that it really fits DBZ.

Here's my favourite track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efR4kpts6eg

MetalMadness
Beyond Newbie

Post by MetalMadness » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:06 pm

It's nice to see that he's actually aware of the petition now. ^^ Unfortunately, Bruce no longer holds the rights to the music used in Z, So he can't released anymore Cd's unless (I'm assuming) Funimation gave him the thumbs up/permission. I really wish they would. D: Since they seem to be slowly straying aware from dub music altogether and using the original Japanese score for their Anime dubs (DBZ Kai as an example) I really wish they would just give Bruce permission to release at least a couple more CD's. There are still many Z dub music fans out there who would LOVE to have these tracks. It's one of the reasons I spend so much time and energy on my rips. I've got a great passion for the music lol.
Really? From what I understand, whoever composed the music rightfully owns it and has the right to distribute it.

I don't see why FUNimation would own the music when they never even use it anymore, that would be just a waste of money on their part

cRookie_Monster
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by cRookie_Monster » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:41 pm

MetalMadness wrote:
Really? From what I understand, whoever composed the music rightfully owns it and has the right to distribute it.

I don't see why FUNimation would own the music when they never even use it anymore, that would be just a waste of money on their part
True, but Bruce sold his rights to Funimation, happens all the time. I sold my rights to Stainless Steel Studios when I did the Empires Dotwm score. They sold the rights to Activision later on.

Also usually any employee's work is owned by the employer and then the employer can sell the rights from there.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Work_for_hire

Other aspects that can be sold or transferred:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_righ ... ght_law%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trade_secret
- Scott