Favorite Faulconer Productions Theme

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ultimate_DB_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Favorite Bruce Faulconer theme

Post by Ultimate_DB_Fan » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:28 am

Being as how I'm up to the Buu arc via my season sets where Gohan's believed to be dead, I've now just realized how awesome the Supreme Kai's (Shin) music is.

cRookie_Monster
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by cRookie_Monster » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:35 pm

Ultimate_DB_Fan wrote:Being as how I'm up to the Buu arc via my season sets where Gohan's believed to be dead, I've now just realized how awesome the Supreme Kai's (Shin) music is.
Mysterious Person! That track rules :)
- Scott
http://morganstudios.com

Coycoy88
Beyond Newbie

Post by Coycoy88 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:13 pm

Speaking of the Buu Saga, I liked the remixed/rearranged tracks from the previous saga's that were used. Like that remixed version of the Goku's spirit bomb with that extra instument that played right after Super Buu finished killing everyone on Earth, and Piccolo was like, "ug!... what have I done!". Heck I even liked the re-arranged version of Vegeta kills 19 that played during the last few minutes of Super buu and Vegetto's fight. Heh, I wonder if Bruce had hired some new ghost writers/composers for the buu saga, or if he actually did a good deal of the work this time.
My Youtube account (Coycoy88)

I primarily rip and upload unreleased Faulconer Productions music, as well as some other American dub music.

cRookie_Monster
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by cRookie_Monster » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:46 pm

Coycoy88 wrote:Speaking of the Buu Saga, I liked the remixed/rearranged tracks from the previous saga's that were used. Like that remixed version of the Goku's spirit bomb with that extra instument that played right after Super Buu finished killing everyone on Earth, and Piccolo was like, "ug!... what have I done!". Heck I even liked the re-arranged version of Vegeta kills 19 that played during the last few minutes of Super buu and Vegetto's fight. Heh, I wonder if Bruce had hired some new ghost writers/composers for the buu saga, or if he actually did a good deal of the work this time.
Julius Dobos worked there past the end of DBZ. I never knew him to do much for DBZ though. I'm still unclear on when Mike left exactly. I got the idea that even SSJ3 was after he left from our last conversation. Do you have a link to the Vegeta kills 19 remix? Sounds interesting.
Last edited by cRookie_Monster on Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Scott

Coycoy88
Beyond Newbie

Post by Coycoy88 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:21 pm

cRookie_Monster wrote: Julius Dobos worked there past the end of DBZ. He arranged things like "New Earth Music" to get an idea of his sound. I never knew him to do much for DBZ though. I'm still unclear on when Mike left exactly. I got the idea that even SSJ3 was after he left from our last conversation. Do you have a link to the Vegeta kills 19 remix? Sounds interesting.
Gah, I couldn't find it on youtube. :/ all I found was the english dub with Japanese BGM. So... I had to record the audio straight from my dvd. I included the regular un-altered version from the Dvd, and the same audio file, but with the sfx and vocals edited out (since it's hard to hear some of the song due to Buu's yelling lol) It's not much of a remix though. xD Just rearranged a little bit differently, and they added that *phhssssst!* *kahbahm!* sounding instruments in on certain parts.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YX0CJUN0
My Youtube account (Coycoy88)

I primarily rip and upload unreleased Faulconer Productions music, as well as some other American dub music.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:54 pm

So, I guess no one else here has love for the Babidi and Fat Buu themes? Oh well.

Mr. Morgan, could you shed any light on who exactly composed those (and their variations)? They seem to have a slightly different style from most of the other tracks.

cRookie_Monster
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by cRookie_Monster » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:01 pm

Cipher wrote:So, I guess no one else here has love for the Babidi and Fat Buu themes? Oh well.

Mr. Morgan, could you shed any light on who exactly composed those (and their variations)? They seem to have a slightly different style from most of the other tracks.
The Buu themes were wayyy after my time. I'm not really sure to be honest. Might have been performed\arranged by Bruce himself, or Julius, or someone else, though I don't think Bruce hired any more composer types after Julius. I could be wrong.
- Scott

LilKokuLink
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LilKokuLink » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:27 pm

I'm not entirely sure, but isn't the Gohan's Innocence song actually called Time Chamber?
Actions have reactions so don't be quick to judge, you may not know the hardships that people don't speak of.
Dub fan.
Naveed.

cRookie_Monster
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by cRookie_Monster » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:31 pm

LilKokuLink wrote:I'm not entirely sure, but isn't the Gohan's Innocence song actually called Time Chamber?
Looks like it is called Time Chamber on the Trunks Compendium. This particular piece of music was continuous with the one dubbed "sadness" or "final atonement" by the fans. Call it what you want, I bet it shows up multiple places with different names.
Last edited by cRookie_Monster on Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Scott

LilKokuLink
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LilKokuLink » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:40 am

cRookie_Monster wrote:Looks like it is called Time Chamber on the Trunks Compendium. Really none of these tracks had names originally, it was just a ton of music written for those first couple of shows Faulconer Productions Music scored. There wasn't a library to build shows from yet obviously because nothing had been written yet. This particular piece of music was continuous with the one dubbed "sadness" or "final atonement" by the fans. So all in all, call it what you want, I bet it shows up multiple places with different names.
Oh I suppose that makes sense, because I remember that song playing when Goku was burying Vegeta on Namek so it didn't make sense for it to be a Gohan related theme if it didn't come first (If that's how it works).
Actions have reactions so don't be quick to judge, you may not know the hardships that people don't speak of.
Dub fan.
Naveed.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:23 am

Ah, so Mr. Morgan, you composed that really awesome sci-fi horror part of Imperfect Cell's theme that played when he was chasing that girl and her brother in the airport? Awesome.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Blue
Advanced Regular

Post by Blue » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:20 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:Ah, so Mr. Morgan, you composed that really awesome sci-fi horror part of Imperfect Cell's theme that played when he was chasing that girl and her brother in the airport? Awesome.
Ha I remember that piece actually, it was pretty killer. Was the Perfect Cell theme your work too?
Herms wrote: The DB wikai lists “Rolie Buu” as one of this form’s alternate name, though I have no clue who calls him that.

cRookie_Monster
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by cRookie_Monster » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:21 pm

Blue wrote:
jjgp1112 wrote:Ah, so Mr. Morgan, you composed that really awesome sci-fi horror part of Imperfect Cell's theme that played when he was chasing that girl and her brother in the airport? Awesome.
Ha I remember that piece actually, it was pretty killer. Was the Perfect Cell theme your work too?

No I didn't work on the Perfect Cell theme
Last edited by cRookie_Monster on Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Scott

Lord Exor
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Lord Exor » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:21 am

1. Dr. Gero's Theme (Androids Extended) - This is by far the most sinister track in the whole series. Kudos to Mike Smith and Scott Morgan.

2. Weird Circus

3. Cell's Slow Theme - Dunno who did this one, but it was another wonderfully malevolent piece.

4. Cell Returns

5. Perfect Cell Theme

6. Imperfect Cell Theme

7. Super Buu Theme

I adore the entire soundtrack, but I can only fit so many here for the sake of brevity.
Last edited by Lord Exor on Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"My dear friend, how can I make this even more painful for you? I could crush your hands, rip off both of your ears, or maybe I'll just smash in your tiny little cranium. Ehehehehehehehe."
—Frieza

"Alright big guy, whatever turns you on."
—Frieza

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:57 pm

A really underrated theme that's really awesome is the Ginyu Force theme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyJLN1gcBoE
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

xzero
Regular

Post by xzero » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:01 am

The first song I really fell in love with in the Faulconer score was "Energy Disc Music." I also enjoy many other Freeza-era tracks. The best (IMO) unreleased track in the series is "Freeza - Ginyu Beat," as fans label it. Love that song! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvYgHFleiB4)

Jurik
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jurik » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:07 am

cRookie_Monster
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by cRookie_Monster » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:44 pm

xzero wrote: The best (IMO) unreleased track in the series is "Freeza - Ginyu Beat," as fans label it. Love that song! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvYgHFleiB4)
Actually there's another unreleased one with a quick marching snare pattern that I call "Frieza Beat" as well.
Last edited by cRookie_Monster on Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Scott

Lord Exor
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Lord Exor » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:18 pm

Scott, did you write Androids Extended specifically for Dr. Gero?
"My dear friend, how can I make this even more painful for you? I could crush your hands, rip off both of your ears, or maybe I'll just smash in your tiny little cranium. Ehehehehehehehe."
—Frieza

"Alright big guy, whatever turns you on."
—Frieza

cRookie_Monster
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by cRookie_Monster » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:36 pm

Lord Exor wrote:Scott, did you write Androids Extended specifically for Dr. Gero?
Yes, that track was arranged specifically for Dr. Gero.
Last edited by cRookie_Monster on Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Scott