Unreleased US Dragon Ball BGM projects

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

cRookie_Monster
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Unreleased US Dragon Ball BGM projects

Post by cRookie_Monster » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:20 pm

From what I've seen Vegas only lets you move things at a frame resolution. You need sample accuracy to do this kinda stuff.
- Scott
http://morganstudios.com

Coycoy88
Beyond Newbie

Post by Coycoy88 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:22 pm

Aha, I have some more ripped Faulconer tracks. I've been working on and off on these tracks the entire week. xD

Frieza-Ginyu Beat - After a lot of work, and a couple of headaches, I managed to rip this theme in a decent quality. It's impossible to rip this at 100% quality, but It's the best I could personally do myself.

Captain Ginyu Vs Goku - GAH.... I'm Sorry that the epic sounding guitar came out EXTREMELY weak..It seems as though the guitar was mostly in the same sound layer as the voices/sfx. Anyway... This track played as Goku and Ginyu fought, right before Goku went full power Kaio-Ken. Hey Scott, would you happen to know if this track was a part of the released track, "Piccolo Vs. Frieza"? Because they sound a lot alike.

Goku Announces He Will Enter Tournament (Trunks Story Remix) - A good deal of this is released. :P But it was rearranged a bit during this scene. This is the BGM that played as the dead Goku announced to Gohan, Bulma, Kid Trunks, and Vegeta that he was gonna pay a visit to the earth to compete in the Tournament. Though I extended it with the unreleased track that played right after Gohan defeated Cell. A big o'l mixture, lol.

Ginyu Transformation (With Original Intro) - This is the released track, "Ginyu Transformation" but with the unreleased intro, that played in the Anime. I wonder why this full version of the track was never released? :(

Cell Prepares To Destroy Last Island (Extended) - An extended version of the BGM that played as Semi-Perfect Cell was about to destroy the very last island where Android 18 and 16 were hiding, but Vegeta suddenly flies in before Cell actually did.

Gohan Goes Swimming (Garlic Jr Saga) - The BGM that played after Gohan had out-ran that tiger (or Mountain Lion I dunno), then jumped down a waterfall, into a lake. This was before the fight with Garlic Jr.

Leaving Kami's Lookout After Cells Defeat - The BGM that played as Gohan and the gang flew off of Kami's Lookout after the battle with Cell. I edited in the intro of the original time this song was played during the Namek Saga, when Dende and Krillin finally arrived at Frieza's spaceship, meeting up with Gohan who had been guarding the Dragonballs.
Last edited by Coycoy88 on Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Youtube account (Coycoy88)

I primarily rip and upload unreleased Faulconer Productions music, as well as some other American dub music.

xzero
Regular

Post by xzero » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:37 pm

^_^ It's always exciting to see new rips from you, coycoy!

Coycoy88
Beyond Newbie

Post by Coycoy88 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:59 pm

xzero wrote:^_^ It's always exciting to see new rips from you, coycoy!
aha, thank you Xzero. :) ^^ Just trying to keep this topic alive. xD

I primarily rip and upload unreleased Faulconer Productions music, as well as some other American dub music.

cRookie_Monster
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by cRookie_Monster » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:51 pm

Coycoy88 wrote:
(...)
Hey Scott, would you happen to know if this track was a part of the released track, "Piccolo Vs. Freeza"? Because they sound a lot alike.

(...)

This is the released track, "Ginyu Transformation" but with the unreleased intro, that played in the Anime. I wonder why this full version of the track was never released? :(

(...)
Keep in mind with those first bit of shows that Faulconer Productions did, there was no library to draw from. They were just writing music straight from beginning to end. There were no track names, just huge 20 minute files with a commercial bumper in the middle. Where one "track" begins and one "track" ends when split out from the larger episode's music is actually kindof a subjection decision, especially when it was done by an editor like myself and not the original composer.

I'm pretty sure it was me who chose where to start "Ginyu Transformation". I think I named it as well..which was a dumb choice because it was more like "Ginyu's Change Now Music". Anyway, I used to use that hit at the beginning quite a lot in the Frieza saga and I just wanted a way to get to it easily. I could just go "plop" with the new split out file and the hit would be there. Later it conveniently became an easy file to plop onto a music CD. That's how I bet most of the older tracks got released, they were popular enough with the editors to have been split out for easy access, and were easy to drag'n'drop into a project to make a CD. If the music was never split out for easy editing, it probably never made it into a CD compilation. That's why a lot of the older stuff was never released.
- Scott

xzero
Regular

Post by xzero » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:20 pm

Hey coycoy, any chance you could rip the version of Goku vs. Freeza during the later section of the battle where Freeza screams "I hate you!" in the middle? It's basically the same as some of the released music from the end of "Vegeta Powers Up," but there's this one part that was not available on CD right around the part where Freeza yells at Goku.

Coycoy88
Beyond Newbie

Post by Coycoy88 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:21 am

xzero wrote:Hey coycoy, any chance you could rip the version of Goku vs. Freeza during the later section of the battle where Freeza screams "I hate you!" in the middle? It's basically the same as some of the released music from the end of "Vegeta Powers Up," but there's this one part that was not available on CD right around the part where Freeza yells at Goku.
I just now sat down and tried that out. Unfortunately it seems that extra little instrument they included is on the same sound layer as the vocals/sfx. So you can't hear it at all when it's ripped. :( But man, you have some good ears to have been able to hear that.... I never even noticed it. xD

oh... and i'm being fap'd again. phhht dial-up speed. But hey, I did manage to upload another rip just a while ago. This was a pretty big edit job on my part. ^^; It's the BGM that played as the Androids were driving through the Forest, then Android 18 felt the need to destroy the Forest.

Android 18 Destroys Forest

xzero
Regular

Post by xzero » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:20 am

Coycoy88 wrote:
xzero wrote:Hey coycoy, any chance you could rip the version of Goku vs. Freeza during the later section of the battle where Freeza screams "I hate you!" in the middle? It's basically the same as some of the released music from the end of "Vegeta Powers Up," but there's this one part that was not available on CD right around the part where Freeza yells at Goku.
I just now sat down and tried that out. Unfortunately it seems that extra little instrument they included is on the same sound layer as the vocals/sfx. So you can't hear it at all when it's ripped. :( But man, you have some good ears to have been able to hear that.... I never even noticed it. xD

oh... and i'm being fap'd again. phhht dial-up speed. But hey, I did manage to upload another rip just a while ago. This was a pretty big edit job on my part. ^^; It's the BGM that played as the Androids were driving through the Forest, then Android 18 felt the need to destroy the Forest.

Android 18 Destroys Forest
Oh well. I appreciate the attmept :)

Your Android 18 track is one I've been wanting for a long time, though, so I'm not all that disappointed in the absence of the Goku v. Freeza track. Thanks!

Coycoy88
Beyond Newbie

Post by Coycoy88 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:13 am

Heya Scott, was this that Caroni and Piroshki song you mentioned a while back? That sorta Jazzy sounding one? I could be wrong. ^^; Anyway, I just finished ripping and editing it. Sorry that the quality isn't top notch. xD I tried, aha.

Caroni and Piroshki Arrive

cRookie_Monster
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by cRookie_Monster » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:38 pm

Coycoy88 wrote:Heya Scott, was this that Caroni and Piroshki song you mentioned a while back? That sorta Jazzy sounding one? I could be wrong. ^^; Anyway, I just finished ripping and editing it. Sorry that the quality isn't top notch. xD I tried, aha.

Caroni and Piroshki Arrive
haha, yeah that's the one. Cool! It's so weird how some instruments just disappear. Probably the difference between mono and stereo instruments. That poor tenor sax solo, just obliterated.
- Scott

Coycoy88
Beyond Newbie

Post by Coycoy88 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:49 am

Eh, guess i'll link you guys to another track I just finished with.

Old Kai's Gift - The tracked that played as Old Kai gave his life to Goku. It's a remix of the unreleased track that played when Goku met the Other World fighters for the first time. I combined the parts that had no talking, with the parts I had to rip the normal way. Some instruments on the parts I had to rip the normal way were lost for the most part though. ^^; Sorry guys.

Big Boss
Regular

Post by Big Boss » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:25 am

Hey Coycoy, I have a request. I don't know if you're doing Buu stuff yet, but there's an extended/remixed version of "Gohan Angers" that I think is worth having a go at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7OB90qNVCM

It starts at 3:36 in that video and finishes at 3:47. Not many people notice it, but it has a some kind of guitar synth mixed in with Gohan Angers. :D

xzero
Regular

Post by xzero » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:09 pm

Big Boss wrote:Hey Coycoy, I have a request. I don't know if you're doing Buu stuff yet, but there's an extended/remixed version of "Gohan Angers" that I think is worth having a go at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7OB90qNVCM

It starts at 3:36 in that video and finishes at 3:47. Not many people notice it, but it has a some kind of guitar synth mixed in with Gohan Angers. :D
A guy named YoYoBoy on another forum ripped that track at one point and it actually turned out pretty well.

Coycoy's rips generally are a little better in terms of quality for some reason (I think mostly depending on the track at issue), but this version is pretty good.

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:47 am

(Unreleased) Trunks Dies
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byUeW6VYWRk

I haven't uploaded for a while, so it played when Super Perfect Cell returned and killed Mirai Trunks with his Death Beam at the end of episode 188.
Jelo Gutierrez Cantos (Dr. Fresh)
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)

-------------------------------------

Silver ShenronTransit Archive Projects
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads

Coycoy88
Beyond Newbie

Post by Coycoy88 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:44 am

Hey peeps, long time no see. I still havent gotten a computer of my own, but my brother has been letting me use his laptop when he comes home from school. I don't normally bump up topics that have aged a bit, but I've got a few unreleased tracks i'd like to share.

Perfect Cell Blows up Android 16 ( A good deal of this has unreleased parts. It was requested of me a long while back by someone on Youtube.)

Briefs I - Played during parts involving Bulma or her family. I always thought it was odd that on the released Cd's, their was a Briefs II, and A Briefs III, but never a I. So I just assumed this was the 1, as I have no idea what the studio name of it was.

Gohan Attacks Second Form Frieza - My favorite remix of the DBZ Opening song. Iv'e wanted this track for a long time, so I got up off my lazy butt, and pieced it together. This played as Gohan attacked Frieza, after Frieza had finished impaling Krillin with his horns.

Now these two tracks are my top 2 FAVORITE unreleased tracks from the Cell saga. Been wanting them for years. Unfortunetly they have talking in them. :( The completely ripped versions came out horrible. So as requested, I pieced them together best I could, voices and all! I was actually wanting to ask Scott what the studio names of these two tracks were,and if I (more or less) peiced together the full versions of the tracks. If he remembers. ^^;

(Unreleased) Perfect Cell's Full Theme (With Voices)

Perfect Cell's Mighty Break Down (Cell Absorbs Extended Remix) (With Voices)

*EDIT*

Oh, and I went ahead and ripped the music from the last DVD of the Season 2 GT Remastered set. The Menu music was exactly the same as Season 1, except for two tracks that played in The Legacy Of Goku portion on the last disc.

DBGT Season 2 Remastered - A Hero's Legacy - Main Menu Music

DBGT Season 2 Remastered - A Hero's Legacy - Setup Menu Music

MuffinButton

Post by MuffinButton » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:47 pm

I really liked the instrumental pieces that Mark Menza did for the first Broly movie, are those not viable for ripping because of voice and sfx contamination? Is the Blu-Ray or movie pack mixed differently than the single?